Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Takeover - Tony Hudd - Kent Online

Seems Tony Hudd a sports writer for Kent Online has been on the radio stating that if the deal does happen then Charlton cannot expect a massive cash injection but rather get a drip drip of funds. Says he heard this on the grapevine - whatever that means. Anybody heard this and know how much in the know this guy might be ?

Comments

• Options
    Hudd I understand is pretty close to the club.
  • Options
    Great !
  • Options
    I've not heard anything, but it sounds about right to me. I think too many people have got too carried away with how much money we'll have. There's no reason at all why there should be a massive cash injection. Zabeel would surely only give a load of cash out if they wanted instant results. Given that they are looking to buy a Championship side, it seems unlikely that instant results are what they are after.
  • Options
    Sounds plausable to be sure but without an initial investment in the team / Manager I sorely believe they might be investing in a Div 1 club
  • Options
    they clearly want value for money, understandably, I think we'd prefer it that way anyway. On the other hand, how long do they want to waste in the champs, when a few bob could get them into the prem.
  • Options
    Thats my thoughts razil. No money or cudos had in the Championship.
  • Options
    Zabeel will probarbly this season pay for loan deals and get a couple of 2 million - 3 million pound players that will get us out of trouble and maybe into the play offs.
  • Options
    I would settle for safety like a shot but without getting in six or seven of those 2-3 milion pound players we won`t be worrying the premier league will we.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Ben Watson for 2 - 3 million for a start.

Wade Elliot from Burnly 1.5 million.

Bowyer 500k.

Gudyounson Barca 2.5 million.

Has Pards been told or even given a budget for these loan players yet as he did say new faces would be coming in from outside the current squad does he mean the likes of Christenson, Arter, Wright or from other clubs.
  • Options
    If those new faces are the untried players you mention Pete then I can only see things getting worse. We need experience to get us off the hook now. Quality and experience.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    maybe if we are very very lucky Zeebel will give Pards a budget.

budget ticket to Burham on Crouch -- one way.
  • Options
    not far enuf.
  • Options
    or what Dennis Wise and Tony Jiminess is going to get us. Dont believe these two would be involved during and after the takeover (if it happens) why would Zabeel take on Mike Ashley's staff when apparantly they were discgusted by Ashley and co's negoiating skills.
  • Options
    Is Kent Online privy to the plans Zabeel have?..

Personally I think a statement of say "steady and continous growth both off and on the pitch" can be read anyway you like. It might mean that Zabeel will inject money immediately and provide money for key players on a regular basis but will refrain from spending like a Premier league club until Charlton are de facto promoted.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Gudyounson Barca 2.5 million.
    LOL - behave!

Gudjohnsen indeed. Not sure he'd be particularly willing to leave Barcelona (where he's got a chance of winning the champions' league and is paid probably about as much as we'd pay him here even if we DO get a mahoosive sum of cash) for sunny ol' SE7!
  • Options
    How are they involved ? I heard that Jiminez might have been involved in an intrductory level but further involvement - Not heard that or Dennis Wise, Anyway Wise is still employed by Newcastle isn`t he ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]How are they involved ? I heard that Jiminez might have been involved in an intrductory level but further involvement - Not heard that or Dennis Wise, Anyway Wise is still employed by Newcastle isn`t he ?

It´s anyones guess if a new owner of the toon would like to keep the old management but as for them descending on the Valley...
  • Options
    Zabeel have the dosh Leroy. Gudjohnsen is getting on final pay day for him not playing too many games for Barca (i think). Watson and Elliot we could get and would improve our p*ss poor midfield.

Just rumours that Jiminez will become chief exec and Wise manager. Which i think is a load of rubbish for the reason as i said before.
  • Options
    Don`t forget Richard Murray is still almost certainly going to play a huge part in any transition from current regime to whatever Zabeel want to install if they decide to go ahead. Can`t see Mr Murray standing by and allowing the "cockney mafia" to start pulling too many strings if any at all.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    If they come in u wont here it on a Friday it Thursday late or we wait again.

If they come in i think its money for players , not huge mounts this year re play offs ( nooo dont laugh). then go for it next year in chumps league. Money for yoof developemnet world wide, and comunity schemes they love the kudos.
    Demelza Hse would be a good 1 to chat to them about . fans and club involved -- new owners get involved quickly--- they would love it.

Thing is the maktombs dont do shit, and last week we have been shit.If they now look and think we stand any chance of going down they will look elsewhere.

Untill last nite i thought that the money has been agreed , thats why they are doing DD and we know Murray runs a tight ship so there aint no bad stuff to find. I thought its a done deal , but being CAFc didnt wanna think to positive. I didnt see the Pards Factor coming in and the last two results ---- they really could have f**cked it up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wise FFS an Ex Millwall dwarf ! jesus no thanks.
  • Options
    but Chelsea legend.......One mans dwarf ...another mans legend..funny ole game innit
  • Options
    SHG -------- Wise = an ex Millwall Dwarf !!

nothing wrong about his height mate but FFS Millwall !!!!!! what would Jorge Costa say ? he dont like em much.
  • Options
    Agree Wise is not my cup of tea. My mate is a black cab driver and apparently Wise can`t get a ride in one for love nor money.
  • Options
    Cockney cabbies have evidently, erm ..... Wised up.

Ahem, sorry. Taxi!
  • Options
    Costa as manager !!!
  • Options
    shame on you Oggy
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]If they come in u wont here it on a Friday it Thursday late or we wait again.

If they come in i think its money for players , not huge mounts this year re play offs ( nooo dont laugh). then go for it next year in chumps league. Money for yoof developemnet world wide, and comunity schemes they love the kudos.
    Demelza Hse would be a good 1 to chat to them about . fans and club involved -- new owners get involved quickly--- they would love it.

Thing is the maktombs dont do shit, and last week we have been shit.If they now look and think we stand any chance of going down they will look elsewhere.

Untill last nite i thought that the money has been agreed , thats why they are doing DD and we know Murray runs a tight ship so there aint no bad stuff to find. I thought its a done deal , but being CAFc didnt wanna think to positive. I didnt see the Pards Factor coming in and the last two results ---- they really could have f**cked it up.

I think you´ll find that if the takeover is completed you´ll not see or hear that much from Zabeel or the Maktoums, it´s not like they got that much time to spend on what´s basically a very minor business to them...They want good publicity, they want people to see Charlton and think about Dubai in a positive sense (preferably in the PL), throw in some real estate developments somewhere so they can recoup their outlays and they´ll be happy but they won´t be sitting there watching every game or do anything as tedious as actually run the club.
  • Options
    intersesting as usual MCFC but do you see them installing "their" people to run the club or just let the existing set up continue but with some financial input.
  • Options
    MCFC i have met Hamdan (his horse Nashwan had won the Derby that day)and once technically worked for the Mactoombs. Also know their Uk house keeper, although its been a good few years since i have seen her.