Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Some great fans out there.

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
Bailey makes a stupid mistake and loses the ball just outside area, one pass to an unmarked player who slots it calmly in the corner. Que bloke two rows behind me...............

"For fucks sake Weaver you're shit"!

Comments

• Options
    lol... a lot of frustration there tonight but remember at least we're still 5th (bottom)... where are the rose tinted posse now;-)
  • Options
    some of our support are just an embaressment, pure and utter. I understand theyre frustrated, WE ALL ARE, but how obvious was it 2night the second the crowd started gettin on the players back we fell apart.
  • Options
    I am sorry but the players are professional and get paid very good money so no matter what the fans do they still should do their jobs a lot better than they are.
  • Options
    Its all psycology...

In marseille (i think) the number 12 shirt is never worn as its reserved for the fans....

I appreciate that we are going through a very tough time and the toughest time we have seen for 20 odd years, and the world has changed, but turning on our own players is a waste of time counter productive and just plain fing stupid......

Fairweather fans......

its disappointing yes, but you take it on the chin.... go and support a premiership team with loads of money so you are never disappointed than...

Fing idiots...
  • Options
    There were no Boo's at half time the first booing I heard was when they scored # 2
  • Options
    As Ive said elsewhere, was the worst second half Ive seen in many a long while.....the booing at the end directed at Pardew was thoroughly deserved....during the game I guess you pay your money and are entitled to say your piece....Booing isnt my cup of tea, but hey, you do what you have to do. I couldnt believe how badly Youga played...felt for him, but he just didnt want to know in the end, and If he had kept trying then he would win people over....but he just plain gave up.
  • Options
    Shamefull.

Booing indeed!!!

What do you think this is? a bloody pantomime!
  • Options
    I thought we did indeed support our team - but when we came out to start the second half we did not look like a team motivated - They were scored again and we were from that point on clueless
  • Options
    yep, the fans fault again.
    it's so obvious the players play better when the fans stand and sing solid for 90 mins ala palace a couple of weeks ago.................oh hang on.
  • Options
    I can assure you there were boos at halftime and I nearly lost it with some people around me, firsthalf we played well apart from a few minor glitches (like gifting them a goal). Instead of arguing second half I decided to become ultra cheerful and set out to smile through the pain and annoy them that way. In the second half although we were not great we still could have scored at least three times
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9DA9
    edited October 2008
    I dont think you can call people who slated the team and booed them off fairweather.

Some people seem to think the team & management are beyond criticism, the only way the crowd can show their feelings instantly is giving them the bird.
    I'm not for booing players whilst their on the ball etc or everytime they touch the ball, but whole heartedly agree they should be given an immediate response at the end of the game. You cant, IMO, just blindly follow the team, thats dangerous, they need to be shown by the wider audience actually there how people feel. not just emails to the club or internet forums.

I will quite happily give them stick at the end of the next game I am at, if they deserve it, and nuts and good luck to the person who tries to stop me.

Pardew is too nice, too middle of the road & wishy washy, and I truly now believe his heart is not in the job or the club, he took it because it suited him at the time, he is not, never was, and never will be dedicated to us or the job IMO, I am of the same opinion with some of the squad, just there to pick up wages.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]lol... a lot of frustration there tonight but remember at least we're still 5th (bottom)... where are the rose tinted posse now;-)

Sunderland and Hull City were in similar positions two and one years ago. This could be the springboard we need, win the league this year, 4th in Prem next and win the champions league the following.

How am I doing on rose tinted?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]some of our support are just an embaressment, pure and utter. I understand theyre frustrated, WE ALL ARE, but how obvious was it 2night the second the crowd started gettin on the players back we fell apart.

The players fell apart when we went 1-0 down, NOT when the crowd got on their backs.

We dominated the first 25. The goal goes in and their heads go down.

Now, I don't care if you're a boo boy or not, but when you're getting paid more in a week than some people earn in 6 months, then you can take the flack that the crowd throw at you when you haven't got the balls to take a game by the scruff of the neck and get stuck in.

2nd half, plain and simple. WE WERE AWFUL.

Yes there's frustration, yes we're under achieving, and that's why some of the crowd get on the players backs. If you don't like it don't go to the games, end of.
  • Options
    There was no booing when the first goal went in. I think there was shock around the ground at what Bailey had done. The players head dropped as soon as that goal went in and we were lucky to only be one down at half time.

At half time Pardew should of earnt his wage and rallied his troops but instead we came out like a shambles and the second goal killed us.

There was booing at the end but also a lot of fans stayed behind and clapped the players off.

I think we all as a club need to realise we are in a relegation battle
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Great Fan here - Ambrose for god sake goto Ipswich now on loan why wait until Jan did jack sh*te last night and on Sat. The guy is on Premiership money could put anyone of us lot out there and would of done a better job.
  • Options
    Pretty much agree with P_Air.

I thought the crowd was very fair last night, got behind the side and tried to lift the team even when going a goal down, applauded the team off at half time.

By the second half some players looked like they couldn't be arsed which is unforgivable and can totally understand why people give the players stick.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]
    By the second half some players looked like they couldn't be arsed

My lords, i offer you Hameur Boazza. Never in my eyes has a player held back so little during a game. Running away to 'cover space' when a player needs closing, hiding when we're in possession, if ever there was a 70%er going through the motions, it was him in the 2nd half last night.
  • Options
    I hope when he talks about some of his signings not working he is talking about Boazza, the bloke is crap.

Send him back and go with what WE have
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

My lords, i offer you Hameur Boazza. Never in my eyes has a player held back so little during a game. Running away to 'cover space' when a player needs closing, hiding when we're in possession, if ever there was a 70%er going through the motions, it was him in the 2nd half last night.

The only time he broke sweat was when his number came up on the board.
    Couldn't get off that pitch quick enough!
  • Options
    Boazza was good for the first 20 minutes then might as well not have been on the pitch.

Can't agree with this usual slagging off of the fans - it's boring and irrelavent.

Where I was sitting in the west, the fans were desperate to support the team and didn't get on their backs save for a few jeers at the end.

There was even a chant of 'Red Army' started from behind me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Youga was a liability last night also.

Stamping on one of their players and headbutting another. This guy's gotta be told how to behave on the pitch.

Agree with the Bouazza comments about him not pulling his weight. Lazy git.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

Agreed and I raise you a Todorov ... injured he maybe but I think he ran once during his 15 minutes ....
  • Options
    He can't run! But he showed more desire to get on the ball and get things moving than most of the players on the pitch last night. The fact he picked it up off the back four on a couple of occassions at least showed he wanted the ball which is more than you can say for a few.
  • Options
    Good to see the Bristol City fans a have a long memory going back to the 1940's.... "You used to be Good, but now your Sh%t"... nice for Sam Bartram and the lads to get a shout...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]There were no Boo's at half time the first booing I heard was when they scored # 2

You obviously nipped out before the whistle fella. Plenty of Boos at half time.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    How did dicko look when he came on last night guys?I think its about time we give him and Gray a go upfront together, despite the critics...Varneys work rate is second to none!Give lukey a rest saturday.Maybe bring wright in for bailey, give bails a rest, i no it wont make our team look much better, but have we really got anything to lose at the minute?it cant get any worse surely lol
    I add to that...how did moo2 play, he is a much better player than cranie!
  • Options
    I thought he looked very lively. He is something different. Raw and prepared to try something different. Hopefully he'll start on Saturday.
  • Options
    Dicko certainly looked lively but he's still a long way behind when it comes to knowing what to do. On a number of occassions he drifted outside the player with the ball, heading in the general direction of the touchline, rather than getting into the box, putting himself about & offering himself as a target. Bouazza was getting so frustrated with him that he gave him a right mouthful at one stage.

I think it's things like that that give Pardew doubts about picking him. He is still just TOO raw IMHO.
  • Options
    I thought Dicko was good. Had a couple of efforts and showed a bit of desire. Surprised that Pards singled him out as one that was trying too hard and losing the ball. He does seem to have a blind spot for Varney. At least Dicko got the ball.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Bouazza was getting so frustrated with him that he gave him a right mouthful at one stage.
    In my opinion that was a classic example of a player trying to fool the crowd, which seems to have worked. That was Boo's mistake and he started bellowing at Dicko. If Dicko had gone inside as he was directing there would have been no chance of getting the ball to him and he would have been offside.