Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gary Johnson quote on Charlton's support

2»

Comments

• Options
    Blaming the crowd for our current predicament is ridiculous to the point of lunacy.

Sheff Wed and Wolves were as good an atmosphere since the Prem days and we were two bob.

Support at Palace was good, we were crap, support against Reading was crap we were good.

But hey lets blame us instead of the shite we have to watch.

*sighs*
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Blaming the crowd for our current predicament is ridiculous to the point of lunacy.

Sheff Wed and Wolves were as good an atmosphere since the Prem days and we were two bob.

Support at Palace was good, we were crap, support against Reading was crap we were good.

*sighs*

Spot on, more or less my view, we are just a scapegoat in Pardews Press Confrence.
  • Options
    it is rubbish to deny it is an influentual factor, which is why other clubs have honed in on it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Blaming the crowd for our current predicament is ridiculous to the point of lunacy.

*sighs*
    Just to add

Leeds: Great Atmosphere - league

Arsenal: Awful Atmosphere - top 4 premiership.
  • Options
    What i don't understand is why our players react so badly to a bit of booing from the crowd.Shouldn't they have the balls to overcome it.
    Take for instance Jermaine Defoe.We used to boo and cuss him regurlarly,and look how he used to respond!
  • Options
    I went to two matches this year (Sheff Wed & Palarse), first time in 3 years - didn't notice the fans being overly negative in the slightest, I was prepared for non-stop booing throughout the game after reading some on this site - it was just the normal old Valley & boisterous Palace away type crowd.

Sadly what I can say without hesitation is that the quality of football, and passion out there on the pitch had declined alarmingly.
  • Options
    Do the miserable moaners, many who start leaving early 20 minutes from time, actually get any enjoyment from matches?

Whether the team is crap or playing well, when supporters get behind the team it creates a great atmosphere.

Win or lose, that buzz in the ground makes it a great day out. That's why we go, isn't it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Do the miserable moaners, many who start leaving early 20 minutes from time, actually get any enjoyment from matches?

Whether the team is crap or playing well, when supporters get behind the team it creates a great atmosphere.

Win or lose, that buzz in the ground makes it a great day out.That's why we go, isn't it?

Not too sure.I think it works both ways.If you create a good atmosphere and the team respond then that atmosphere will only get better.But If they respond by turning out the turgid stuff then i think things can change.
  • Options
    Ha ha - if Gary Johnson came on here he would be p*ssing himself that his little hand grenade in our direction has clearly worked!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Ha ha - if Gary Johnson came on here he would be p*ssing himself that his little hand grenade in our direction has clearly worked!

So lets show him tonight that it clearly hasn't worked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Ha ha - if Gary Johnson came on here he would be p*ssing himself that his little hand grenade in our direction has clearly worked!

So lets show him tonight that it clearly hasn't worked.

But aren't you down in the west country somewhere Oggy?
  • Options
    I am tonight, Offy ....but I'll be there in spirit listening to every shot, kick and boo on the silent internet commentary.

I was up v Ipswich and will be there on Sat v Burnley.
    Come and watch me make an arse of myself on Saturday morning in the name of Charlton Life,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I am tonight, Offy ....but I'll be there in spirit listening to every shot, kick and boo on the silent internet commentary.

I was up v Ipswich and will be there on Sat v Burnley.
    Come and watch me make an arse of myself on Saturday morning in the name of Charlton Life,

I'll be watching Oggy ;-)
  • Options
    I first went to the Valley in 80/81 so my first season was promotion and it has really been all uphill (with a major glitch in 1984 and 1985) since then 20 years + of progress that came to an end last season.

And why are we playing Ipswich twice in 6 weeks, whats that all about?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]

Because October is only a 6 week month ....?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]I first went to the Valley in 80/81 so my first season was promotion and it has really been all uphill (with a major glitch in 1984 and 1985) since then 20 years + of progress that came to an end last season.

This happens every season. There's always one team that you play twice in October and another that you don't play at all until January. It's been like this for several years and I've never understood why. I'd like someone from the Football League to explain why they don't just swap the two odd fixtures around.
  • Options
    Pity we can't play Reading twice.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Pity we can't play Reading twice.

Good news for you, Chicago ..........but we can.
    Tuesday, March 10
  • Options
    We'll be down by then ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]We'll be down by then ;-)

Do you reckon, CharlieChicago Block......?

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He was right.