Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tottenham

Comments

• Options
    Biggest mistake they made was getting rid of Jol.
  • Options
    i bet their fans are enjoying this season the most though.they were never going to break into the top 4,so now they have something to play for. and if they went down,well it just gets better for their fans as this is such a great league.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]and if they went down,well it just gets better for their fans as this is such a great league.

good point threadkiller
    well for a start they'd win more matches and they'd have lots of new grounds to visit and this is a competitive league as well and they'd have a good chance
  • Options
    According to a Woodgate quote on the BBC the players are "behind Ramos".

Trying to decide where to put the knife presumably!!
  • Options
    Are the charlton players behind Mr Pardonme
  • Options
    Not sure but they are certainly behind 18 other teams.
  • Options
    I really don't like Spurs but even I wouldn't wish Curbs on them.
  • Options
    I think they are up to their necks in it, and they got Arsenal and Liverpool coming up haven't they?

That was brilliant yesterday the general used to be packed with yids with their silly tight shirts on and a few were about yesterday and to be fiar took every bit of grief I gave them inbetween fits of hysteric laughter.

Jenas as their captain, driving force and inspiration?

Heh heh
  • Options
    jeez..........you can imagine how happy our house is at the mo

something has to change soon............please

we've had to remove all sharp objects!!!!

humph!
  • Options
    It's only a dream at the moment but if they are not out of the bottom three by Christmas then they are up to their necks and I think they will crumble.

You have to appreciate how much I hate them to truly understand. Nothing personal John!

Massive club though, massive ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    spare a thought for me though Cart's.............hubby's a Spurs fan & I convinced him to buy a s/t at the Valley..........he's loving me at the mo let me tell ya!!!!!

roll on the Rugby League world cup!!!!
  • Options
    Based on their last few performances and the games they've got coming up I think they've got serious problems down there, they so short on confidence. Not that surprising given that their team is a mix of new players who have only ever experienced defeat since they joined and players from last season who have never had a huge influence. To lose Keane, Berbatov and Defoe and replace them with a Russian who is going to take time to adapt but blatantly isn't going to get it is ridiculous. And although we all love Benty, he's an out and out striker and the not the type to look for the ball and take a game by the scruff of it's neck (which was exactly what they needed yesterday).

What goes around come around though, after the way Levy treated Jol, he deserves everything he gets. Didn't Jol finally get his cards on the morning of a game? Also, I hate them with a passion and would love them to get relegated.
  • Options
    thought their support was very impressive , huge(sold out) turnout for a long trip for a 'live' sunday match, when their team is as bad as it has been for years.... proper away following;-)
  • Options
    I'm sorry but I just dont understand the hatred towards Spurs amongst some of you on here. Just dont get it at all. There's been a lot of comments about the Spurs fans on here recently which just arent warranted. But hey, each to their own.

We're not even rivals are we. Ok, we share London but thats about it. Fair enough, next year we may be in the same league, hope not but its looking that way.
    [cite]Posted By: HandG[/cite]What goes around come around though, after the way Levy treated Jol, he deserves everything he gets. Didn't Jol finally get his cards on the morning of a game? Also, I hate them with a passion and would love them to get relegated.

The first Jol heard about his sacking (allegedly) was when Berbatov gave him his commiserations during the warm up at the Getafe UEFA cup game last year. Some of you may remember the game on TV last year when basically everyone in the ground knew before Jol. Yes, Jol was treated badly by the board, especially given the loyalty shown by the board to Commoli but to be fair to Jol, it seemed as if he'd lost the plot by then. In retrospect, at least he knew the English game and he knew what was required. Something that Ramos clearly doesnt but then you would have thought Poyet would have sussed it by now really.
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]thought their support was very impressive , huge(sold out) turnout for a long trip for a 'live' sunday match, when their team is as bad as it has been for years.... proper away following;-)

What else would you expect? Its rare we dont sell out our away allocation... and that was without the need for an "operation Britannia Stadium" type shin-dig.
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Massive club though, massive ;-)

Back to the old "size" issue eh? I'm not even going there...
  • Options
    At least Bent has been running his you-know-whats off, without any service at all from our lightweight midfield. As for Modric and Pavlova-chenko, I've seen more strength in a meringue. Modric doesnt look a tenth of the player that played in the Euro's with Croatia. I could moan and moan but there's no point...

..... Sounds familiar especially at the Valley.....

p.s did anyone else blow their first season's transfer budget on fifa 09 to sign bent for the very cheap £3,000,000? If that were his actual price, do you reckon we would have snapped him up?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUk i would'nt worry to much about it i think we should concentrate more on our own problems.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]thought their support was very impressive , huge(sold out) turnout for a long trip for a 'live' sunday match, when their team is as bad as it has been for years.... proper away following;-)

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    press suggesting they may be after Upson and Parker in January - perhaps if the Zabeel deal goes through we can go for them as well
  • Options
    If a Spurs fan cannot see why other clubs fans take the piss out of them then that proves the piss taking to be correct!
  • Options
    JohnBoy - i don't think there's much hatred towards Spurs on here, just amusement at their demise. Plus a lot of neutrals didn't like the way Jol was treated.
    Me personally i don't hate them but it's always nice to see a big club in trouble. And despite what people may think, Spurs are a big club.
    Every pre-season we hear how this is the year that Spurs will break into the big 4 and every year they fail. I just looked back at some old posts and you yourself in June wrote this about the signing of Dos santos:

"Well it looks like Daniel Levy and the Spurs board have pulled a bit of a coup off with this one...
    http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada07-08/06/n080606104518.html
    Watch out top 4, here we come!"

Well what a signing he's been!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't hate Spurs or Spurs fans although some of the "we are a sleeping giant" stuff whilst understandable is a little hard to swallow. I've spent some great afternoons at WHL in the 1980s and 90s watching decent Spurs teams not quite fulfilling their potential.

I think all this "Spurs are impossible to manage" stuff, whilst understandable is just not right.

They clearly have fans with high expectations but again that is understandable. 15 years or so, I worked with a Spurs fan. Despite the relative lack of success (in the league anyway) he held on to the belief that Spurs tried to play football "the right way" and that contrasted with their main rivals Arsenal who may be more successful but were boring as hell. That edifice has been knocked away since Wenger arrived at Highbury. Imagine if Palarse suddenly had a real jump up and were winning stuff and playing million dollar football, how would we feel?

So that's the backdrop of frustration at WHL. Can it be fixed? Yes of course it can. People were saying that the England job was impossible a few months ago but look at the job Capello has done. OK we've not qualified yet and theres a way to go but people like Bobby Charlton are hailing him as the new Sir Alf and that says a lot for me.

Spurs need to find the right manager. Maybe Jol was that man but he suffered from the fact that he was an unknown when he came to the club and he got the job almost by default. Is Ramos the right bloke? I really doubt it because he is so p*ss poor at engaging with the fans and that will always be a problem for him at a club who's fans ego's need to be massaged and reassured. Somewhere there is the right man though. Imagine if Big Phil Scolari was their manager, I think he would have been fantastic for them. He's media savvy, he likes to play football "the right way" and he's vastly experienced.

It is going to be a real fight to get out of the hole they are in but I think they can do it. I doubt whether they will need to get more than 37/38 points and that is not beyond them whether Ramos goes or stays. If he goes, then I'd go out and head hunt Jose Mourinho, if not they should lasso Curbs because he will be able to dig them out of it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]JohnBoy - i don't think there's much hatred towards Spurs on here, just amusement at their demise. Plus a lot of neutrals didn't like the way Jol was treated.
    Me personally i don't hate them but it's always nice to see a big club in trouble. And despite what people may think, Spurs are a big club.
    Every pre-season we hear how this is the year that Spurs will break into the big 4 and every year they fail. I just looked back at some old posts and you yourself in June wrote this about the signing of Dos santos:

"Well it looks like Daniel Levy and the Spurs board have pulled a bit of a coup off with this one...
    http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada07-08/06/n080606104518.html
    Watch out top 4, here we come!"

Well what a signing he's been!

I knew someone was going to dig that out lol.

Yep, hands up, guilty as charged. Dont think he's even managed a full 90 minutes for us. I also thought Modric was going to be an excellent signing for us too, never thought he would struggle like he has. As I said earlier in the thread, after the signings we made, I really thought we were in with a chance this season, more so than any other previous season as it looked like we'd finally brought in some quality, even with the departure of Keane and Berbatov. Hey, I've been duped and raped by Spurs yet again. Not the first time and certainly wont be the last.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]Yep, hands up, guilty as charged. Dont think he's even managed a full 90 minutes for us. I also thought Modric was going to be an excellent signing for us too, never thought he would struggle like he has. As I said earlier in the thread, after the signings we made, I really thought we were in with a chance this season, more so than any other previous season as it looked like we'd finally brought in some quality, even with the departure of Keane and Berbatov. Hey, I've been duped and raped by Spurs yet again. Not the first time and certainly wont be the last.

I don't think these are bad players, they just haven't been moulded into a team yet. I think the problem is in midfield. There just isn't enough bite there.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Exactly. What we would do for a Steffen Freund type now... not one of them is capable of making a tackle, perhaps bar Huddlestone or O'Hara. There's plenty about Graham Roberts offering to coach the Tottenham defence at the moment in the press. We'd be better off signing him up and playing him centre mid - now he knew how to tackle...
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Having worked with a load of spurs fans at the time of Charltons relegation i feel i am fully justified to give a bit back after the way they used to spout off about their superiority in the football world.Delusions of Grandeur used to spring to mind.

I knew my day would come.
    Spurs are too poor for it not to.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]

I don't think these are bad players, they just haven't been moulded into a team yet. I think the problem is in midfield. There just isn't enough bite there.

Are you talking about our Charlton team, Bing ....?
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    John Boy all spuds fans are fair game after all i didnt see many of the 3k+ wishing Berba to miss at our relegation crunch at the Valley I also didnt hear much sympathy here at the demise of our team.

What all spuds fans have to realise is that you lot are fickle if you loose you are the biggest club in the world as no other fans can get on the radio to air views it is spuds spuds spuds, When you win it is we are going to be top 4 we can go all the way with our attacking play.

The sight of you lot singing "we want our tottenham back" outside the lane became a regular feature in seasons gone by and you lot were seen as the most miserable and self indulgant of all footie fans always harping on about your history.

Sorry bud i live amongst you all now and the majority of my pals are those that i talk about above. It will do you all good to see that you are as vulnerable as most in the prem.

oh yeah and your shit Knut of chairman bullied my boys team from their home at whitewebbs and have not stuck to their promises to a group of players from under8's upto 18 year olds just so you can build a road to your poxy new training ground

i hope you do go down i really do just to give you guys a dose of reality
  • Options
    Finally some good news for fed up spurs fans

Blackpool have announced that they will be putting a roof on the away end in time for next season
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Finally some good news for fed up spurs fans

Blackpool have announced that they will be putting a roof on the away end in time for next season

At last you,ve made me laugh
  • Options
    Who cares about Spurs, we need to be worrying about our own predicament.