Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sid Cheesewright

13»

Comments

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    CafcWest said:
    Syd was my tutor at Croydon College when I did my Certificate in Management Studies in the early 80’s.  Was real old school teacher.  Never once mentioned Charlton.  maybe cos it was Croydon…spoke to him once outside ground in early 2000s - didn’t remember me!
    Snap! Did you have to go to Worthing for the residential course?
    Yes @Halix I did and I thoroughly enjoyed it - remember it well!  Was working for British Gas at the time and they sponsored me through Business Studies ONC, CMS and then the DMS... 1 day a week off work and the odd weekend.  Set me up for life!
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    CafcWest said:
    Hal1x said:
    CafcWest said:
    Syd was my tutor at Croydon College when I did my Certificate in Management Studies in the early 80’s.  Was real old school teacher.  Never once mentioned Charlton.  maybe cos it was Croydon…spoke to him once outside ground in early 2000s - didn’t remember me!
    Yes @Halix I did and I thoroughly enjoyed it - remember it well!  Was working for British Gas at the time and they sponsored me through Business Studies ONC, CMS and then the DMS... 1 day a week off work and the odd weekend.  Set me up for life!
    Did they bung you in to the hole from hell?, or did your group get one of the comfy rooms to make your widgets?

Sorry to get all technical folks!
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    I don’t think Syd was a Charlton supporter prior to the move to Selhurst Park - at least not an active one. He certainly taught at Croydon College.
  • Options
    Syd lived in Waddon (Croydon). 
  • Options
    Syd was indeed a legend. Remember he drove our Junior Reds coach to Ipswich for the play-off semi final; I say coach, it was a single decker bus he got hold of from somewhere. As for Wally he was a regular - and a hugely popular fella-on the Junior Reds coach. We even commissioned a trophy named after him, which was presented to the Junior Red's away player of the season. Great days indeed. God knows what they would have made of what's happening these days.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    CafcWest said:
    Hal1x said:
    CafcWest said:
    Did they bung you in to the hole from hell?, or did your group get one of the comfy rooms to make your widgets?

Ha ha.  No - I seem to remeber (as best I can!) that we had a small conference room for our team.  I remember it all being quite competitive.
  • Options
    Remember Syd caused a lot of concern at CASC committee meetings re his license .
    if I remember correctly he was asked to attend one of the committee meetings and explain.

This would have been at the meridian club?
  • Options
    Remember Syd caused a lot of concern at CASC committee meetings re his license .
    if I remember correctly he was asked to attend one of the committee meetings and explain.

Syd was banned from driving for CASC because he kept contacting the coach companies.
  • Options

Syd was banned from driving for CASC because he kept contacting the coach companies.
    That was it .  Cheers Rick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    CafcWest said:
    Hal1x said:
    CafcWest said:
    Hal1x said:
    CafcWest said:

Ha ha.  No - I seem to remeber (as best I can!) that we had a small conference room for our team.  I remember it all being quite competitive.
    Our group were in a cloakroom with a filthy sloping ceiling which only allowed you to stand if you crouched, no chairs, and no heating. They were testing how people reacted to written orders from on high, when you were experiencing differing and hard working conditions. Of course we went on strike! Somehow thats one lesson I haven't forgotten.

The bosses on the other hand were seated in a warm comfortable room, with tea and biscuits, and couldn't understand why we were being so stroppy.
  • Options
    My favourite memory of Sid was how he would waffle on at FF meetings and wind up Katrien.

She hated him ! 
    She hated everybody!!!!

Good on Sid though if he got under the squirrels skin.
  • Options
    My favourite memory of Sid was how he would waffle on at FF meetings and wind up Katrien.

She hated him ! 
    She hated everybody!!!!

Good on Sid though if he got under the squirrels skin.
    I got on ok with her! she put her arm round me shoulder. perhaps I look a bit like Naby? except i'm white, grey and a lardarse.
  • Options
  • Options
    Sadly, it appears that he passed away a couple of years back: https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/89565/syd-cheeswright-rip