Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Ipswich - Post match views

2»

Comments

• Options
    oh and much respect to Luke Varney, talk about putting the mother of all shifts in on Saturday
  • Options
    Weaver 7
    Cranie 6
    Primus 8
    Hudson 8
    Youga 6
    Ambrose 7
    Bailey 6
    Zhi 7
    Bouazza 7
    Todorov 6
    Varney 9

Holland 7
    Semedo 7
    Gray 7
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Funny how people see things. I thought Semedo was excellent when he came on and made a massive difference and gave the team a lift and Varney worked his socks off. All round decent performance but I thought ZZ was poor. Obviously isnt fit yet and was unfortunate that he didnt get longer with Bailey but misplaced so many passes and very poor touch.

MOM for me was Hudson.
  • Options
    Enjoyed the game immensely which is surely the most important thing. Games always tend to be better when BOTH sides try to win the game. Both Teams & Managers should be commended for setting their sides up like that. Very Exciting & End to End.
  • Options
    Ambrose was poor in his first game back, but excelled in his second.
    Hopefully now he has a game under his belt, Zheng will do the same.
  • Options
    Bit harsh giving Bailey 6 - only on the pitch 13 minutes and managed to score in that time!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Weaver 7
    Cranie .6 . 5
    Primus .8 . 7
    Hudson 8
    Youga 6
    Ambrose .7 . 8
    Bailey 6
    Zhi .7 . 5
    Bouazza .7 . 6
    Todorov 6
    Varney .9 . 8

Holland 7
    Semedo .7 . 8
    Gray 7
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Bit harsh giving Bailey 6 - only on the pitch 13 minutes and managed to score in that time!

That's my opinion. Shame he got injured early, as it looked like he was going to run them ragged in midfield. Here 's hoping he is fit for the Cardiff game, as we sure missed him for the rest of that first half.
  • Options
    I actually thought that after a slow start Matty H was immense, after that thunderous sliding challenge can we finally do away with the monicker "Mr Clean Shorts" please. Also think Semedo (who should have played far more in my opinion) was great at times he was our most advanced player!

Pard's should also be praised for his substitutions and also for the effect he had on Gray, who seemed keen to match Varney's workrate for the first time this season.
  • Options
    Interesting.

Sure Todorov looked unfit, and didn't run around much, but he didn't last year either.

"The bloke behind me" was calling for Todorov to go off from half time. I said quietly to my Dad that if we get a goal, Todorov will be involved in it. Sure enough, we got the ball to Todorov's feet, who finds time and space and plays a simple pass that leads to a goal. When he gets taken off TBBM says "I'm not clapping that".

I think the majority of chances we got came from getting the ball to Toddy. He'll only get better, but I have no doubt that his lack of work rate will see him as an impact player for away games.

Semedo looked assured at RB and got forward well. Youga still unconvincing but exciting. Holland looked as though he knew his place was up for grabs. Great to see ZZ back. Even Bouazza looked like he stepped it up in the second half. Ambrose worked harder than usual, and put in a good cross for the goal.

Primus and Hudson look very solid together, with Primus's pace helping to cover some of Hudson's mistakes.

I don't understand how Varney does it. His work rate makes him undroppable, even if he doesn't score as many goals as he should.

A good solid performance, if not particularly spectacular. Ipswich were poor and Lisbie looked back to his 19 in 1972476198712019 appearances form.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very encouraging news about Semedo. Sounds like he's looked at Crainie and Moo2 and thought, why have these 2 gotten in the team ahead of me and decided that if he can add some overlapping to his game then he'll be doing something that neither if them do - i.e. attack and defend. Good on him for doing it. That's the response you want form young players when they get dropped, not to moan and say they're just as good as what's replaced them, you want them go away work hard and become better than who they were dropped for, then make a big effort to show it when they get their chance.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: trickyrickycafc[/cite]Interesting.

I don't understand how Varney does it. His work rate makes him undroppable, even if he doesn't score as many goals as he should.

Somebody behind me still shouted effing run for it Varney in the 90th minute,
  • Options
    I think Semedo is excellent and frankly I can count his poor performance on the fingers of one....finger.