Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

QPR charging away fans £40 - might affect us

Comments

• Options
    I suspect a price cap would be illegal.
  • Options
    Well done Derby
  • Options
    Some tickets are £50 for home games?!

WHAT?!
  • Options
    I'm angry beyond belief at this. What t*ssers!
  • Options
    Interesting test of whether the Football League really wants to be know as a supporter focused league, rather then a money league.
  • Options
    i dont know why everyone is surprised we pay over the odds for football in this country anyway and we as fans should have joined up and rebelled against this once prices reached 30 quid let alone 40 and 50
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    not as if we never charged away fans £45

Still that was wrong and so is this.

Polite messages of complaint to:

John Nagle

Head of Communications

The Football League

30 Gloucester Place

London, W1U 8FL

Tel: 0870 443 9283

Fax: 0870 442 8188

JNagle@Football-League.Co.Uk
  • Options
    40 notes to go to a ground where you can't see a third of the pitch is a disgrace regardless of what league. One thing is for sure I ain't going.Credit crunch
  • Options
    I wont go if its £30 to be honest.

Plenty of better away ends in this league for two thirds of that price.

Ive paid £48 for Chelsea away in the past but I'm not going to do it these days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tight wads! Some of the richest men in the world own the club and want the supporters to fund their premiership push....

You gotta laugh.

But well done Derby and well done the QPR fans that wrote the piece at the beginning of the thread.
  • Options
    This is currently being looked into by the league and F.a. expect an announcement sometime on friday.

Don't think anyone will be paying £40.00 to visit QPR this season.
  • Options
    If they paid ME £40 i'd still wouldn't go to that karzy.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    One has to ask 'exactly' why QPR are doing this...they know they are going to make themselves unpopular re this issue but are still prepared to go ahead and take the well deserved flack and declining ticket sales their stance ensues....so one may well ask what is the real reason behind this....for the life of me I can't see it but there just might be something else going on in the background that's not immediately apparent.
  • Options
    QPR are trying to defend their match ticket pricing

QPR defend ticket price increase
    Queens Park Rangers

QPR say their increased ticket prices will help maintain budgets previously set to provide a better standard of entertainment for home and away fans.

In a statement to BBC London 94.9, the club said: "Since the takeover, the club has had massive investment, for both on and off the pitch activities.

"The board has considered it a necessity to increase match-day prices to maintain budgets previously set.

"We are totally committed to building a sound financial base for the future."

There has already been protests against the rise in ticket prices.

Derby County are refusing to meet the demands and are not accepting the prices set by the R's for the game at Loftus Road on 27 September.

It is believed that QPR have already appealed to the Football League and a decision is expected by the end of the week.

One hundred percent of all matchday profits will continue to be ploughed back into the club

Statement from QPR
    The statement continued: "Our ultimate goal at Queens Park Rangers is to reach the Premier League and to compete with some of the biggest club’s in the country, and in time, across Europe.

"100% of all matchday profits will continue to be ploughed back into the club, allowing us to continue our policy of attracting some of the most exciting, young players from these shores and across Europe to QPR."

And despite objections from fans and other Championship clubs, Rangers believe they are offering value for money.

"We've looked at prices both in the Championship and the Premier League and we believe we're providing a good entertainment product," the statement added.

"The base price has not changed. You can still get a ticket at QPR for £20, but we're making an effort to maximise our revenue for the best views in the house.

"Children under the age of eight will continue to be able to purchase matchday tickets in certain areas of the ground free of charge, while concessions will continue to receive substantial discounts."
  • Options
    It's incredible that they are asking £40.00 for what are shocking facilities....the restricted view is reason alone to charge less than the norm....not more!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]One has to ask 'exactly' why QPR arw doing this...they knw they are going to make themselves unpopular re this issue but are still prepared to go ahead and take the well deserved flack and declining ticket sales....so one may well ask what is the real reason behind this....for the life of me I can't see it but there just might be something else going on in the background.[/quote]

This baffles me, Flavio Briatore and Bernie Eccleston etc are seriously wealthy - they don't need to be charging fans stupid prices, you'd think that they'd have the sense to keep prices competitive to encourage the punters to come along.

Either they don't understand what a £40/£50 ticket price means to the average fan or with my conspiracy theory hat on I wonder if it's an attempt to drive fans away allowing them to claim that the support base has gone and then sell Loftus Road for redevelopment, cash in again and move QPR out to the suburbs.
  • Options
    Our tickets have not been confirmed at £40 yet,as it's a midweek game it'll be £30 but even thats too much to try and watch from that crappy away end.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite] "The board has considered it a necessity to increase match-day prices to maintain budgets previously set.

I think this is telling. Setting a budget and then setting ticket prices to reach it rather than estimating likely income and setting a budget to match that.
  • Options
    I'd be surprised if visiting clubs are under any obligation to sell tickets for the host club. If the League won't enforce its own rules - and we don't know that yet - then I think clubs sent £40 tickets should just send them back. I would certainly support Charlton doing that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would the club be happy to sell tickets for the Sheff Wed home game to disgruntled Derby fans who've already booked their train tickets to London that weekend? It seems we're the only non-premiership London club playing at home that day.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Would the club be happy to sell tickets for the Sheff Wed home game to disgruntled Derby fans who've already booked their train tickets to London that weekend? It seems we're the only non-premiership London club playing at home that day.

Interesting idea if the £40 charge sticks. No reason we wouldn't.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Would the club be happy to sell tickets for the Sheff Wed home game to disgruntled Derby fans who've already booked their train tickets to London that weekend? It seems we're the only non-premiership London club playing at home that day.

Interesting idea if forward if the £40 charge sticks. No reason we wouldn't.

Segregation might be fun if a lot of them turned up but seems unlikely. I think the days of popping over to see another game cos yours has been called off or whatever are long gone.
  • Options
    QPR's supporters' trust has piled in to condemn the club.

(Without QPR 1st getting involved a few years back - and buying Danny Shittu off us on QPR's behalf, I seem to remember - the motor racing boys wouldn't have a toy to play with)
  • Options
    Here's an interview Briatore gave last week - should cause a laugh for anyone who knows the White City Estate or anywhere else in that arse end of W12 well.

"Step by step we have been putting money into facilities so as to create a unique brand and concept; in essence a boutique stadium," he added.

"It is an exclusive side of football that will rely on service, style, the ability to look after people and an insistence on playing the game the right way. It is all part of our plan, and we must make sure we do things the right way."
  • Options
    you cant even get anything to eat and drink at half time that place is such a dump. 40 or 50 quid.. pah! what a joke.
  • Options
    I watched the game on TV last sunday and they did a tour of the ground with the camera's, showing the reception area with two 5 grand ceiling lights, and one of the owners office complete with two 10 grand sofa's, perhaps our interpretation of ground investment is wrong ;-)
  • Options
    You can't fit 2 sofas in their ground.
  • Options
    Maybe their raising funds for The Sellotape Stand to be upgraded to The Double Sided Sticky Tape Stand.
  • Options
    Football League have ruled that QPR CANNOT charge away fans the increased prices.