Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

QPR charging away fans £40 - might affect us

Remember when Chelsea were charging £40 in the Premier League and it looked like a rip-off?

Well, in a tin shack a few miles away, QPR are charging Derby fans £40 for their game on 27 September - they've decided it's a category A game. Can't see on QPR's website what category we're under for our match on 25 November, but hopefully they'll have seen sense by then...

from Rs fan site Loft For Words:

I paid up in the summer for my season ticket but had I not I would not be paying £40 to watch us play Derby frickin County - a team so poor even their own fans can't help but laugh at their predicament and yet classed as a category A game. For the record our last two matches against those opponents have been played out infront of sub 13,000 attendences. Category A my arse as a wise scouser might have said.

Derby County, facing the prospect of telling their fans that it will cost them £40 to sit in one of the division's worst away ends, have posted a small story on their official website saying that they have withdrawn QPR tickets from sale because of a stock issue. There is a rumour going around that they're considering refusing the allocation at the ridiculous, scandalous, prices QPR are asking for. I'd would encourage them to do just that. Apologise to their supporters but state clearly why they are refusing the allocation. ITV are featuring the Derby game as their top Championship match that day and the sight of an empty away end in protest at this piss take will speak a thousand words - even more than the pathetic and frankly embarrassing sight of our club's precious W12 and C Club sitting almost totally empty in front of the Sky cameras at the weekend. That's the W12 and C Club that we were so desperate to have we moved season ticket holders from their long held and much treasured South Africa Road seats.

One wonders if the people making decisions at our club actually live in the ground, coming out only on matchdays to blink at the sunlight and watch Gavin Mahon and Mikele Leigertwood play together in midfield while Martin Rowlands sits on the bench. Surely if they were to step out onto the pavement, use the tube, or go anywhere else ever it can't have escaped their notice that nobody currently has any money. Pay rises are being capped if handed out at all, inflation is inflating, companies are folding. These are hard times. If they think in amongst all this people are going to pay £40 to sit in the outdated South Africa Road and Ellerslie Road stands and watch QPR v Derby County then I'm sorry but I fear for their mental stability.

Comments

• Our game has been selected as the game to raise funds for their murdered apprentice. All reciepts from our game will go to the foundation.should QPR begin to ask for £40 a game their board really are nieve
  • Derby, or their main supporters body, should simply refuse the allocation.

Something has to be done about ticket prices, and its down to the fans now to make a stand.

Its the only way some clubs will listen.
  • Just tweaked my post a little - the match is on the 27th and isn't on Sky. It's too damn early to be on a messageboard ;-)

But yeah, hopefully Derby/ their fans will make a stand. Be interesting to see how this plays out.
  • A valid point but with a club that is owned by two millionaires and a billionare as well as the fact that they rip their own fans off I don't think they would give a toss about how many away fans were there
  • no way £40 for a game would i pay that in this league
  • A couple of years ago I worked with a QPR fan. There was hardly a day went by when he didn't have a stories to tell of something going on at the club, including tales of violence in the boardroom. I don't know if things have changed now Eccleston is there, but nothing would surprise me.
  • This is what QPR put out:

Our ultimate goal at Queens Park Rangers Football Club is to reach the Promised Land of the Premiership and to compete with some of the biggest Club's in the country, and in time, across Europe.

As such, we are totally committed to building a sound financial base for the future, upon which we can continue to build for what we all believe will be the most successful period in our Club's history.

As part of this financial restructuring, we need to increase our matchday revenues and as a result, we have introduced a new three-tiered category banding structure, whereby adult matchday prices are determined by the opposition, their league position, and the day of the fixture.

Matchday prices will vary depending on the part of the ground in which you choose to sit, namely the Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze areas.

Our forthcoming home fixture against Derby County on Saturday 27th September will be a category A match, where tickets are priced £50 Platinum, £40 Gold, £30 Silver and £20 Bronze respectively.

Our fixture against Blackpool on Tuesday 30th September will be a category C fixture. Platinum priced seats will be available from £35, while Gold, Silver and Bronze priced seats are £30, £25 and £20 respectively.

In line with our ethos as a Family Club, children under the age of eight will continue to be able to purchase matchday tickets in silver and bronze areas free of charge, while concessions will continue to receive substantial discounts.

One-hundred per-cent of all matchday profits will continue to be ploughed back into the Club, allowing us to continue our policy of attracting some of the most exciting, young players from these shores and across Europe to QPR.

We are committed to continue building a successful, yet financially stable future at QPR and as supporters of our great Football Club, we want you to be with us all the way.
  • This is the latest regarding Derby and selling tickets.

1. QPR SUBMITTED TICKET PRICES TO LEAGUE AT THE START OF THE SEASON

2. THE INCREASE WAS PUT IN PLACE LAST WEEK AND IS SEEN VERY MUCH AS A TAX UPON THE WELL SUPPORTED CLUBS

3. DCFC BOARD ARE FIGHTING THIS AND IT HAS NOW BEEN RAISED WITH THE FL

4, MUCH DEPENDS UPON IF THE FL STICK TO THE RULES NOW. NO FURTHER ACTION CAN BE TAKEN UNTIL WE GET FL RULING ON IT. QPR RELEASED TICKETS ON GENERAL SALE TODAY PERHAPS IN AN ATTEMPT TO PUSH THROUGH ON A TOO LATE NOW SCENARIO... DERBY HAVE NOT STARTED TO SELL... ;-)

5. THE SC ARE DOING ALL THEY CAN AND HAVE TOLD THE CLUB THAT THEY ARE NOT WILLING TO RUN COACHES AT SUCH A SCANDALOUS COST.

This was posted on a Derby Forum by someone that works with the club.
  • edited September 2008
    If it was Old Trafford I'd pay but not that f****** shit hole in deepest darkest africa - south africa rd that is.

Outrageous - every club in the ChamPs should boycott it.
  • football just keeps on losing touch with reality...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Derby, or their main supporters body, should simply refuse the allocation.

Something has to be done about ticket prices, and its down to the fans now to make a stand.

Its the only way some clubs will listen.

Voting with your feet is the only language they'll understand.
  • really hope the press get hold of this. derby have my full support
  • It is up to clubs to charge their own fans whatever they want but there has to be a league-wide max limit on the price away fans can be charged - £25 say.

IF QPR charge us £40 I will definitely be joining oohah's boycott of the game.
  • i see bad things ahead for qpr.
  • Target 40,000 meeting tonight. I think I'll bring this idea up. Sounds excellent. ; - )

There is a doc that comes around from the FL listing all the clubs away allocations, which stand, standing/covered etc and the cost including discounts. I'll check to see if it is confidential or can be published on here.

The idea is that, as stated above, clubs should not vary from that once the season begins.

What is strange is that this would seem an ideal time for a lost leader in marketing terms. Cheaper (very cheap) seats now to get fans back in so that they are willing to buy in the Premiership.

The reality is that for all the headlines of "richest club in the world" the money to finance any success will still come from fans pockets and TV and not the owners.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]no way £40 for a game would i pay that in this league[/quote]

Agreed

No way i draw limit at £30.00 for shithurst
  • when have we got QPR away?
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]It is up to clubs to charge their own fans whatever they want but there has to be a league-wide max limit on the price away fans can be charged - £25 say.

IF QPR charge us £40 I will definitely be joining oohah's boycott of the game.

But with our poor away support will anyone notice?:-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]IF QPR charge us £40 I will definitely be joining oohah's boycott of the game.

love it salad.... we got to make a stand on this issue!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]when have we got QPR away?[/quote]

Tuesday 25th November.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]IF QPR charge us £40 I will definitely be joining oohah's boycott of the game.

love it salad.... we got to make a stand on this issue!!!

You must be going , its in London and the last time we played there under dear old curbs we had a pulsating 0-0 draw !
  • Shame it's a midweek in town as would definitely have gone but no way for £40.

AS somebody says £30 is the absolute tops I'd pay in this league and then only for special occasions such as smashing Palace.

I detect an official boycott of QPR away coming on...
  • yep think we ALL should boycott this and encourage others to do the same

Rip Off mother f**kers
  • Are they charging us £40 ? Has that been confirmed ?
    I'm with the other guys , £30 limit.
  • we won't be charged £40 i'm sure, with it being a midweek fixture.

If they do, then we'll do our best here to organise a boycott.
  • Again , 100% with you on that.
  • They are charging Blackpool £30.00 thats a week night

http://www.blackpoolfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10432~1395411,00.html
  • Under Football League rules, the only prices QPR can charge away fans (adults) are £30 in the upper part of the school end and £25 in the lower part. They have no flexibility to vary this and they are in clear breach of League rules if they do, because it would be outside the price structure they declared to the League and which has been published by the League.

So either the League has to enforce its rules or in future anything goes - everywhere.
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]It is up to clubs to charge their own fans whatever they want but there has to be a league-wide max limit on the price away fans can be charged - £25 say.

Totally agree with this. A league-wide cap should be in operation in all leagues. £30 Premiership. £25 Championship. £20 - league 1. £15 - league 2. Even Welling charge a tenner which is more than Bayern Munich!
    Not sure what most clubs in the lower leagues charge but i believe the total attendance for the season was the largest ever last year throughout all 4 leagues, so whilst that keeps happening i guess clubs will keep on putting prices up.