Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The knives are out again already I see

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
Because we never steam rollered the form team at the top of the league it's all "PArdew out", "muppets", etc etc again. Same old characters with their same old axes to grind. It all gets pathetically tiresome, really it does. I wish that some people would count to ten before posting.

For what it's worth, I thought we did alright in the first half, although Wolves are clearly a good side and are playing with a lot of confidence at the moment. Up until the penalty I thought we were looking like we might ride a bit of luck and hang on, but it wasn't to be. That's football for you.

Does that make us any worse a team, or Pardew a worse manager since the last home game when everyone seemed to be on cloud 9? No, of course it doesn't.

Comments

• Options
    I agree that there are certain posters with a solely negative agenda - bu I would like to see balanced views, criticism of players & tactics where it's justified. Blind faith & optimism is just as tiresome as constant carping & moaning.
  • Options
    Totally agree, the reaction of our fans to going 2-1 down was embarrassing to say the least.
  • Options
    Wolves looked a very decent side to me.

Didn't think we played well and certainly lacked ideas a lot of the time. But Pardew out?! Mad talk.
  • Options
    I understand the point but it's a slight over-reaction I think. I can only see two people on here asking for Pardew's head. That's a tiny minority and not worth discussing surely.
  • Options
    We were beaten by a better team, we won't met many better team this season, its a shame we could not close the game down but we were the home team and closing a game down for 85 minutes. Entertaining game, right result, shame but lets hope Tuesday brings a better result,
  • Options
    We were beaten by a better side, but some people on here are too thick to accept that, and have there tossy agendas to throw about.

I'm sick of this message board anyway, so I'm going to give it a miss for a while.
  • Options
    I thought they were a better team than anything I saw all last season with perhaps the exception of West Brom and will judging by that be the team to beat. Yet if we hadnt had that penalty against us we might have held on for the 3 points. It was a below par performance but we certainly were not outplayed and for some better decisions up front in the first half when on the break we could easily have taken a 2 goal lead into half time!
  • Options
    better side they may be & are my tip for champions, but our side is still lacking something & if Pardew doesn't cahnge things soon we will be in for a relegation scrap , mark my words.

Pardew has to now be brave , stand up & b counted.

Drop Sam, Varney & Gray and start with Dickson & Fleetwood up front - Ambrose (or Varney) on the right hand side & bring back Semedo for Holland.

Cranie did all right but not attacking enough - I'd still prefer moo2 there.

cant wait for tuesday - donny here I come !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]better side they may be & are my tip for champions, but our side is still lacking something & if Pardew doesn't cahnge things soon we will be in for a relegation scrap , mark my words.

Oh Christ - right on cue!

Thanks Golfie, you have just made my mind up for me - I'm off.
  • Options
    Amen to that, Off_It.

Wolves showed us we've a lot to learn yet - they were resillient and never stopped fighting. Thought they were missing Iwelumo in the first half, but they got their act together after the break, and we couldn't cope. We'll have better days, and there's loads of the season yet to come.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't usually post after we lose cause I can't stand some of the negative posts. But I have to defend Golfy here and say his post is more constructive than negative (apart from the relegation scrap bit).

I can't comment on the game as I never heard or saw any of it and have only read the posts on here. All I can say is the general consensus(sp) seems we were beaten by a better team on the day and we will do better against the majority of the teams in this division.
  • Options
    Wow, some strange posts on here, we were beat by a very good Wolves side, end of. I am off as well, the pub down the road is calling.
  • Options
    Sort of agree with Golfie here, Varney needs to be dropped, give Dicko a run. He missed 2 sitters today, poor crossing when he got into good positions and kept being caught offside, starting to think he's not very good. Although I agree with the majority that Wolves were the better side
  • Options
    Yeah I agree, Wolves were worthy winners. Some bizarre refereeing didn't help us but we had a bit of luck by Wolves not being a couple up by half time.

The changes were odd too, I don't know quite why Bouazza was switched to the right and Ambrose wasn't brought on and I thought Sam was left on 10 minutes too long as he looked shagged out.

Golfie, when Dickson came on the ball did not stick up front. Gray held up well and used the ball well all afternoon I don't see what Fleetwood would do that Varney and Gray cannot.

Anyhows I'm off out to do some binge drinking
  • Options
    I thought we sat back after Bailey's wonder goal and handed the initiative to Wolves who then had the lions share of the game and really should have equalised long before they did. That said they are a very good side at this level and I believe we will win more games this season than last.

Pardew for me made only one real mistake the double substitution (although he could not predict they would score straight after it) I thought it made us look very toothless.
  • Options
    Yes, we were beaten by a decent side, but it's Pardew's tactics that baffle me. They drew level, yet Pardew left it till 10 minutes from the end to change things. Then they scored again, yet Pardew didn't seem to do anything, when we could've brought on Ambrose to add some more attacking threat.
  • Options
    "Ambrose to add some attacking threat" Funniest thing Ive heard all day apart from "women bid to shoot down gunners" on official site :-)
  • Options
    Hold on ... being negative isn't always a bad thing. You can sometimes, take on board some peoples negative thoughts on the subject and learn from them.

Let's look at it.

Pardew ... now I just don't understand where he i coming from. He sets the team up to play a certain way, then when the going gets slightly tough he does a Mike Reed impression and get's everyone to run around. Basey isn't a left mid, Bouazza isnt a right mid and Dickson isnt a footballer. He contirually tinkers with the formation, the players, tactics to no avail.

Have the squad spent two weeks practicing freekicks .... NO
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]

Drop Sam, Varney & Gray and start with Dickson & Fleetwood up front

Risky.Might work for a one game,maybe two but their inexperience would start to show.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]We were beaten by a better side, but some people on here are too thick to accept that, and have there tossy agendas to throw about.

I'm sick of this message board anyway, so I'm going to give it a miss for a while.

Stong words there Rothko. Anything in particular making you sick of the board?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2008
    Sorry guys the midfield still sucks im afraid they steamed through our midfield to easily this was like last season. Someone needs to sit in front of our defense I still would like to see Basey as a holding midfielder. Holland once again hardly put in a tackle the guy looks like he just 'jockies' the opposition. Legs have gone on him as well. Lloyd Sam who runs around in circles instead of getting the 1st time cross in the box went hiding in the 2nd half. Bouazaa ok in the 1st half but where was he in the 2nd half ? One big possitive was Bailey who did well. Left back position still needs to be sorted Youga is far to casual and his positioning not very good. Onto our strikers Varney missed another chance and Gray didnt do to much today.

God knows where we will end up this season. Two wins in our next two games would get us back up there. Two defeats well I wouldnt like to know where that would leave us.

oh one good thing happend today the mighty Essex beat Kent to be champions and were promoted :-)
  • Options
    Can we not understand peoples frustration? We do have a very good team for this division with a fair amount of quality. Yet we're just not cutting it. Our expectations have had to drop because of our lack of consistency and our naivety rather than based on the strength of our squad.
  • Options
    Wolves were far better from start to finish but the substitutions beggar belief,why play 2 left backs? Sam should have been taken off at half time and why after murdering us in the first half did we allow Keogh to finish the job in the second half.Fortune couldn't defend again'st him full stop it was eveident in the first half and should have been changed at half time with someone doing a man to man on him.We didn't learn and got punished.I haven't seen a better individual performance in a long time.Our wingers should be given a video of Kightley's performance on how a winger should play.Heyho Donny here I come
  • Options
    Wolves were the better side but not by that much. In the first half we scored a cracking goal, had a few chances then they started to push up and close us down in our half making it difficult for us. Our full backs failed to often to get forward in support of the team. The second half saw a great move and chance for us to go two up right at the start, it wasn't taken and then Wolves gradually turned the screw, got the pen which looked a bit harsh to me bearing in mind the quick free kick which led to it. I thought we would come again strongly after that but a defensive howler allowed them to go ahead and then we caught for their third. Well done to Wolves who look like a strong contender for automatic this season.

As far as our team goes well we looked edgy defensively with both full backs putting in lack lustre performances. I felt that because of this, our midfielders were forced to help out the defence too much. Bouazza clearly has talent but was wasteful today and Sam was industrious but his end product was poor too often. The attack huffed and puffed. Both Varney and Gray were being constantly held constantly but the muppets in green failed to notice this much of the time. For me, despite the penalty Bailey was our MOM. He worked tirelessly, wasn't afraid to keep the ball, go past players, made some real classy passes and scored a screamer.

I'm not too downhearted, we have played a team on top form who will be in the shake up come the end of the season. For us to have beaten them today, we needed every player to be at the top of their games, sadly not enough were.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Wolves were the better side but not by that much. In the first half we scored a cracking goal, had a few chances then they started to push up and close us down in our half making it difficult for us. Our full backs failed to often to get forward in support of the team. The second half saw a great move and chance for us to go two up right at the start, it wasn't taken and then Wolves gradually turned the screw, got the pen which looked a bit harsh to me bearing in mind the quick free kick which led to it. I thought we would come again strongly after that but a defensive howler allowed them to go ahead and then we caught for their third. Well done to Wolves who look like a strong contender for automatic this season.

As far as our team goes well we looked edgy defensively with both full backs putting in lack lustre performances. I felt that because of this, our midfielders were forced to help out the defence too much. Bouazza clearly has talent but was wasteful today and Sam was industrious but his end product was poor too often. The attack huffed and puffed. Both Varney and Gray were being constantly held constantly but the muppets in green failed to notice this much of the time. For me, despite the penalty Bailey was our MOM. He worked tirelessly, wasn't afraid to keep the ball, go past players, made some real classy passes and scored a screamer.

I'm not too downhearted, we have played a team on top form who will be in the shake up come the end of the season. For us to have beaten them today, we needed every player to be at the top of their games, sadly not enough were.

I think you've more or less summed up my feelings too Bing.

All I'd add is that I thought Fortune handled Ebanks-Blake really well other than the slip in the first half which luckily we got away with when the ball went across the face of the goal.

As you say can't fault Sam for effort but end product was lacking. Ambrose may not be able to do 90 minutes but I'm sure he can do the 15 or so Basey was on. If not then why was he on the bench? I think Ambrose would have offered more going forward than Basey.

Too early to judge Crainey but first impression isthat he is no better and possibly worse than both Moo2 and Semedo. As I say early days though.

Like you I'm very impressed with Bailey. I'd like to see ZZ alongside him.

I've just returned from an enjoyable meet with some old mates so I'm not too despondent.
  • Options
    Bailey is superb, very pleased with his progress. Crainey was not great but looked nervous. We were opened up by a good Wolves side and we were made to look ordinary at times, ZZ is key I think to play alongside Bailey
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I wish that some people would count to ten before posting.

I think that's a little complicated for some :-(
  • Options
    Most of their best play went through Keogh and Cranie and the rest of the defence normally were 15 meters or more from him when he recieved the ball. Just poor defending.
  • Options
    I still think at least we kept trying for a goal when conceding - which is positive. Sam's best work was defensive, he seemed to do the wrong thing a lot of the time when getting the ball on the wing.

Central midfield is still the worry for me - what happens when Bailey (who is different class in my opinion) gets injured/suspended? Matty Holland, as someone else says, just doesn't get a hold of the ball. Get Semedo or Racon in instead at the least.

Good to see Dickson get a run... he looks hungry.

Varney tries like hell, shame he didn't get a goal (could've had a couple), as would be another confidence booster.

I look forward to seeing the bleeding goal, as was distracted at the time!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]We were beaten by a better side, but some people on here are too thick to accept that, and have there tossy agendas to throw about.

Typical comment from you...people have a different opinion and they are "thick". Good, go and when you come back, stop acting like a spoilt child.

Oh, and it's "their " tossy agendas. Are you thick?..