Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

palace tickets going on general sale monday

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
only sold 700 so far and was told they are to be avaliable for all monday,at last some normality.

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited September 2008
    700? You being serious?

Blimey.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]700?

Blimey.

Is that blimey as in thats good or blimey as in thats crap.
  • Options
    yes wss,spoke to a really polite lady twenty minutes ago,that was the rounded figure,on general sale monday she said.
  • Options
    crap i think mate.
  • Options
    Crap.

Thats just the members on here going then!
  • Options
    I find that hard to beleive.
  • Options
    she said that to me,believe what you want.
  • Options
    I don't think it's that bad. 700 (nearly 25%) since Monday, still nearly 3 weeks to go, with quite a few buying on Saturday. I think we'll sell nearly all 3000 especially if we get a couple of good results in the next few games.
  • Options
    that is poor

Saying that maybe a lot of people are waiting to collect while they are at teh game Saturday??

Like me and 3 others?
  • Options
    Surprised?

We won't sell more than 2k.

We struggled to sell 2600 last year on a Saturday when we hadn't played them for a little while.

The support on the night will be great but let's not pretend that we are the sort of club that sells out in 3 hours
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite],spoke to a really polite lady twenty minutes ago,t.

Strange as that wasn't what you were saying about her colleagues on an earlier thread. : - (
  • Options
    mind you there is still a fair way to go before the game.
  • Options
    let's hope we sell at least 2.5k

anything less would be piss-poor and there's no excuses for it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]let's hope we sell at least 2.5k

anything less would be piss-poor and there's no excuses for it

Really not worried about how many we sell. I had a great time when there were 1500 of us for the "Denis in the last minute" game and great time when there were 8500 for the "we'll never play you again" game.

Even last year in the Directors box was fun ; - )

Just as long as we win.
  • Options
    that seems fine - there's ages to go, that'll probably have doubled by Monday - not sure we'll sell out though - beating Wolves will help though.
  • Options
    There is no way we will sell as much as last year. Holding it on a week day is going to screw any chance of that.
  • Options
    I dis-agree Henry Palace don't ever have trouble selling out for us and I for one will be bloody embarrassed if we dont sell out.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]I dis-agree Henry Palace don't ever have trouble selling out for us and I for one will be bloody embarrassed if we dont sell out.[/quote]

Prepare to be embarrassed...
  • Options
    we make out we are a bigger club feckin shite.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]I dis-agree Henry Palace don't ever have trouble selling out for us and I for one will be bloody embarrassed if we dont sell out.

We constantly sell more home tickets than them and our history puts theirs in the shade.

Why would I be embarrassed in comparison to anything about Crystal Palace FC?

In any case we haven't sold out in previous years and come away with smiles on our faces. If we lose then there will be enough of us to suffer and if we win the pleasure will be all the sweeter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2008
    Can't really agree with that.

The fact is Palace always sell their 3000 for the Jimmy Seed be it a Sunday, Saturday or Friday and for some reason we don't do the same.
    £30 is not unreasonable for a game these days sadly and Palace on a Tuesday night is dead easy to get to unless you live and work in deepest Kent

The fact we sell so many tickets for home games is down to excellent work by the club's marketing going back to Target 10,000 and the very reasonable prices rather than anything great about the level or loyalty of our support
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    This is what the club said when it announced the ticket arrangements: "The club plans to make a further announcement on Monday, September 15th regarding extending the priority to Red Card holders.

This is what the club plans to say in Saturday's Valley Review: "Club officials will announce on Monday if and when priority will be extended to Red Card holders."

As far as I'm aware, nothing has changed.

We'd sold 753 at 2.30pm.
  • Options
    palarse palarse who the f**k are palarse . There will NEVER NEVER NEVER be a day no matter what occurs when CAFC will be embarrassed by The Nigels
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]We struggled to sell 2600 last year on a Saturday when we hadn't played them for a little while.
    The support on the night will be great but let's not pretend that we are the sort of club that sells out in 3 hours

agree
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite] Palace don't ever have trouble selling out for us and I for one will be bloody embarrassed if we dont sell out.

exactly...the team deserve better than our (poor in numbers) support
  • Options
    I'm sure many will buy on Saturday. Me and 4 others were discussing it tonight and we'll be buying ours then. Plus theres still over 2 weeks to go and many won't have had a chance to get down there yet. I'd be very surprised if by Monday morning the figure isn't around 2000.
  • Options
    spoke to a few others as well all getting them Saturday
    So would liove to see the total on Monday
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]
    The fact is Palace always sell their 3000 for the Jimmy Seed be it a Sunday, Saturday or Friday and for some reason we don't do the same.
    £30 is not unreasonable for a game these days sadly and Palace on a Tuesday night is dead easy to get to unless you live and work in deepest Kent

of course they want to come to The Valley - to see how a club should be run. £30 to go to The Valley or £30 to go to selhurst park? no brainer!
  • Options
    I would love to sell it out, sadly cant see there being more than 2200 bearing in mind last year was saturday 3.00 and as previously stated we obviously hadnt played them for a while.

The Shinanigans on the trains last year may also have put a few fans off who may have kids with them which is understandable. But i think we can make up for the reduced numbers if thats the case and just shout even louder : )
  • Options
    sell them normally they would sell better,when will they learn.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]sell them normally they would sell better,when will they learn.

does it matter if they sell 3000 3 weeks before a game, or 3000 2 days before a game?