Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New to the site ? tell us where you live

Comments

• Options
    Thinking back that might be what the pitch is called that they play on now as they built another mini stand there, but when they were 1st there it was definately Central Park. Which is now the greyhound track.
  • Options
    Yeah, and the pitch at the greyhound track is not even good enough for a sunday afternoon kick around..... hardly surprising as in recent years it's seen more monster trucks than football!
  • Options
    Actually I think your right, it's called bourne park. And as has been mentioned they play on the reserve pitch at the back, which I think can best described as basic!

Apparently they could well be holding Wimbledon speedway in the main stadium shortly, as like the football club it seems merton does not want them.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Doubt it. Football hasnt been played at Central Park for at least the last 3 years!

Is that you Dowman?

There are two stadiums there Medders, Sittingbourne & Maidstone both play in the smaller one which is at the back. Its quite a nice little complex.
  • Options
    Cheers DA6. Just had a look on Google and found the description of where this lower pitch is. Fook me, live 5 minutes up the road and never been down there. Shameful!
  • Options
    More expansive like the rest of you, born, Woolwich in the childrens hospital which has gone. Lived SE7 till I was 8 then SE3 and SE12, Liverpool for 4 years doing at Uni, Everton was £3.30 in the Gladys Street, The Kop was £3.50, Old Trafford was £3.20 and Tranmere was £3.00, this is 1989/90 season... went to 50 plus games in Lancashire the 1st year I was there. Then bak to SE3 and then back to SE7.

Only time I have been refused service in a pub, in scouse land, for looking too happy when Arsenal beat Liverpol 2-0 for the Championship.

Not a scouse fan even though brother in law is one...........
  • Options
    Born Greenwich, Live in Belvedere

Spiritual Home SE7
  • Options
    Lived in Sutton-at Hone near Dartford now in East Finchley ,North London
  • Options
    Born in Woolwich, brought up in Greenwich, live in Charlton.

As may have guessed, I get nose bleeds if I ever stray off the 177 bus route.
  • Options
    Born and grew up in Stourport lived in London and Herts, for the last 17 years Northamptonshire
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Born in Barnehurst, lived in Bexleyheath and then moved on to Brussels and Vienna. Old enough to have seen Sam Bartram play!
  • Options
    Welcome Google, raddickle, Inspector, Latimer and Vienna!

We're starting to amass quite an international community...
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Canada, Bermuda, Algarve, Vienna, Perth, Melbourne, Eindhoven, Manchester, Bath, Lancashire, Warwickshire, Bath, Northampton....

looks like Valley Express has got a bit more work to do !
  • Options
    Live in Thornton heath with the palace massive. From tomorrow will be in carshalton.born in lewisham lived in eltham until I was 23.

Just finished packing bloody tired going to bed.
  • Options
    Born woolwich,educated Greenwich,worked London, retired France but with satellite TV
  • Options
    Calgary Alberta right now, born in Barons Court, grew up in Dulwich / Herne Hill, 12 years in High Wycombe and moved out to Canada in February !!
  • Options
    I lived in Bexley until I was 18, going to school in Sidcup. I have lived in Bristol, Leeds, Bradford & Bexleyheath over the following xx years. I now live in Woking, in the lovely county of Surrey (well, lovely if you exclude Croydon!!). I live just round the corner from Woking FC's ground and I am always partial to a bit of Conference football if Charlton aren't playing. Come on you Cards!!
  • Options
    born in plumstead lived woolwich, medway area and moved to Vancouver Island B.C Canada in 85, 1st match visited was against arsenal in 53
  • Options
    born in woolwich, never ventured further than welling, now back on shootershill,
  • Options
    Hey........

Nice to see you Dave Roan..... Hows the weather in france?????
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Born and bred in South Belfast(Linfield FC anyone?) Moved to Plumstead Common, Shooters Hill and now on the poorer side of Blackheath(!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SilentAddick[/cite]Born and bred in South Belfast(Linfield FC anyone?) Moved to Plumstead Common, Shooters Hill and now on the poorer side of Blackheath(!)

Isn't the poorer side of Blackheath, Kidbrooke? Come on, admit it...You live on the Ferrier? ;D
  • Options
    Born on the Old Kent Road - didnt like the local football team so moved to Plumstead. Continue to live in Plumstead but also in North West London - Kilburn/Cricklewood.
  • Options
    Blimey i didnt know we had this many Charlton fans in Plumstead !!
  • Options
    Yeah - I know someone else in the area who supports the addicks - that would make 3 of us! Alas, not enough to request for a valley express stop!
  • Options
    Born in Silvertown, moved to and grew up in Bexleyheath, now live in Claygate, Surrey
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Yeah - I know someone else in the area who supports the addicks - that would make 3 of us! Alas, not enough to request for a valley express stop![/quote]

Haha.
    Nah not a problem,i`ll take the 177 all day long ;-)
  • Options
    had a quite a few new members since then, so gave this a bump.
  • Options
    i must have missed this first time round...probably too busy lurking ; )

born in farnborough (kent) and grew up in orpington, loughborough uni for 3 years, and now live in beckenham.
  • Options
    I think I missed it too.

Born in Lewisham hospital, lived in Ladywell then Catford (nice!) now in New Eltham.