Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bailey Wants to come to CAFC (Ed. Deal completed)

13»

Comments

• Options
    deal apparantly done. £750k in total, with clauses in that for playoffs and promotion.

and they have the option to take sinclair on loan too but are still pondering it.

that's just what i've heard....
  • Options
    I be a whole lot happier when there's a picture of him in a Charlton shirt on the OS.

Never seen the bloke play but for some reason I'm really excited about this signing!
  • Options
    My Team for Saturday

Weaver

Semedo
    Fortune
    Hudson
    Youga

Racon

Shelvey
    Bailey
    Basey

Gray
    Varney

Subs

Elliott
    Moo2
    Dickson
    Holland
    Thomas
  • Options
    Same back 5 then

Thomas Bailey Racon Bouazza

Same front 2

Bench of Keeper, Shelvey, Basey, Holland, Moo2.

Yassin played himself out of the side last night
  • Options
    I'd have the same team as Rothko, however wouldn't be suprised if Holland played instead of Bailey.
  • Options
    Would also go with Rothko's line-up, but must have a striker on the bench - Dickson instead of Shelvey or Basey. Seems a shame to drop either of them out altogether, but we need an option to change it upfront if we need to.
  • Options
    actually drop moo2 out for a striker, good point
  • Options
    Bailey deal completed according to the OS.
  • Options
    OS first with the CONFIRMED news again
  • Options
    I'll be in the minority (of 1 probably..), but I'd go 4-5-1/4-3-3 on Saturday. Play Shelvey in behind Gray, and push Bouazza and Basey on.

Weaver
    Semedo, Hudson, Fortune, Youga
    Bouazza, Bailey, Holland, Shelvey, Basey
    Gray

Subs - Elliot, Moutaouakil, Racon, J.Thomas, Varney.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reckon this is going to prove to be a great signing.

A Roy Keane-type by all accounts who will hopefully gel the so far dithering and unsure elements shown in the current first 11.

Welcome NB!
  • Options
    surely zz has to go now. if pards is only signing players that are going to start, and i wouldn't for a second think about dropping racon, then where would you fit zz in? plus ambrose has to come back yet...
  • Options
    All the pacy players on the bench, Paddy ........ and the plodders on the park ;o)
  • Options
    I too reckon ZZ will be off. When do China get knocked out by Brazil ??
  • Options
    Unlikely we'll go through the remaining 45 matches wiith no suspensions or injuries.

So we'll still need enough decent bodies in the squad to put out a decent side later on.
    Pards will tell you - ask him how many centre-halves has he got fit for Saturday?
  • Options
    China were losing 3 - 0 to Brazil with 10 mins to go the last i saw.
  • Options
    Great timing after yesterday's doom. Only from what's been said of him, he really could be important for us (and Palace were after him). Please let's give him a chance and not be too upset if he doesn't appear to be Scottie the Second after 45 mins; it's still another step up for him, though he seems to have handled all the others well. Combined with Racon, and a sparingly used Jonjo, that gives us plenty of energy in the engine room, with Holland stepping in to bottle things up now & then like he did so well on Saturday. Until the forwards are scoring freely, let's be bloody hard to beat - it got a few teams way beyond their expectations last season.
  • Options
    "All the pacy players on the bench, Paddy ........ and the plodders on the park ;o) "

I see us plodding our way to a 1-0 victory!
  • Options
    Paddy Powell i think your about the closest to what will be the team so far
  • Options
    must admit i can see us playing 451 away and 442 at home all season

big test for us this game