Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunday League

Comments

• Options
    Wouldn't mind playing either haven't played since I was 16 which is two years ago now
  • Options
    Training on Thursdays at 7pm if people are interested
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Training on Thursdays at 7pm if people are interested

What standard are you mate ain't played in ages lol
  • Options
    tover85 said:

Who here is from the Woolwich and Eltham SFA?

I am although living in Chesterfield now, was the former League Secretary of WESFA, helped set up the merger of the Woolwich & Eltham Leagues and refereed on the Woolwich League from 1979 up to the merger and on the WESFA until I moved up here. I am still a Life Vice President and ptoud to be so. What team are you involved with?
  • Options
    There is a ref called jim duff in the woolwich and eltham leagues, any relation?

I cant wait to get back playing!
  • Options
    Jim Duff, what a guy, the only ref I can think of that is actually decent. Although he once had a go us for the tape colour we were using...
  • Options

There is a ref called jim duff in the woolwich and eltham leagues, any relation?

I cant wait to get back playing!

No mate but I know Jim quite well. Officiated with him many times over the years!

• Options
    DeeBee said:

Jim Duff, what a guy, the only ref I can think of that is actually decent. Although he once had a go us for the tape colour we were using...

Same here! Yeah he is a decent ref to be fair. There are a few dodgy ones, a guy called Tunga and a kiwi with a pony tail spring to mind as two naff refs
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

The most annoying new rule in football. Tape must be the same colour as ur socks.....even if the other team are wearing a different colour. Ridiculous!!
  • Options
    We play in the Kent Suburban League, not sure what league we are in. Prem or division one I think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dunno what I did in a previously life but we seem to get Tunga every fucking week
  • Options
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    If anyone looking for players let me know.

Been playing since I was 12. Been in the Orpington & Bromley district league for the last 5 years. In the premier div, div 1 & div 2.

Cheers
  • Options
    Chris Dodds is a funny ref!
  • Options
    Who's the female ref who does Woolwich and Eltham? She's absolutely hilarious, one guy was halfway through appealing for a penalty and she just said "Oh shut up" 21 other players burst out laughing at him
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

Who's the female ref who does Woolwich and Eltham? She's absolutely hilarious, one guy was halfway through appealing for a penalty and she just said "Oh shut up" 21 other players burst out laughing at him

DeeBee that will be Lynsey Morton
  • Options

I know Doddy. What did he do?
  • Options
    Spankie said:

I know Doddy. What did he do?
    is he the tall skinny kid who's dad comes to watch him ref every week (sure he used to ref us when we were in that league about 10 years ago) - I used to play for Polyweights
  • Options
    Yep Doddy is tall and skinny, nice bloke. Once during a pre season friendly he decided to test the matchball before kick off by bouncing it on the floor. He had 22 players in stitches when it pummelled him in the face on the way back up!
  • Options

Na we didn't go up. Ball cocks. Didn't realise you went up. Hopefully we get you in the cup. Well played btw on promotion. Hope you beat Orpington next season.

Yeah we finished third, we were absolute dog shit at times and then brilliant at others. I'd love to smash Orpington but we just can't seem to do it. Good luck for next season mate, keep banging them goals in.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Chris Dodds? Does he talk quite funny?
  • Options
    Steve Bennett used to ref in the orpington & Bromley league when he was starting out, he was excellent always had control even as a young bloke.
  • Options
    Pre season starts on sunday, its going to be 27 degrees....going to be blowing out my arse me thinks!
  • Options
    Just had our first session at Charlton Park.

Ouch
  • Options

Na we didn't go up. Ball cocks. Didn't realise you went up. Hopefully we get you in the cup. Well played btw on promotion. Hope you beat Orpington next season.

Yeah we finished third, we were absolute dog shit at times and then brilliant at others. I'd love to smash Orpington but we just can't seem to do it. Good luck for next season mate, keep banging them goals in.

They are so direct its unbelievable. Put about 6 past us all from throws. Cheers buddy. Good luck to yourselves.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Steve Bennett used to ref in the orpington & Bromley league when he was starting out, he was excellent always had control even as a young bloke.

He's now on the committee with my old man at the Orp&brom league. Lovely guy
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Any teams looking for 2-3 players?

Me and two pals are looking to join a team. Not fussed about the standard, just looking for a game every Sunday.

One striker, one midfielder, one defender. All can play a little. 22-23 years of age.

Thanks!
  • Options
    I wish I could still play but work means I can only train weekends and combine that with my shoddy fitness over the past 3 years and I don't think I'm good for anything any more. However if circumstances change I would definitely be looking to join a team, live in lewisham at the moment but can travel
  • Options
    Anyone looking for a bit of local footy in the Mottingham/Bromley area - message me, we train Wednesdays and Sunday mornings... pre-season games coming up soon!
  • Options
    Looking for a team for this season, don't care about the standard, live in the Bexley area but if it's not far to travel that's fine can play centre mid and centre forward, got a mate interested as well plays right wing, 24 and 25 years old.