Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Primus & Herm

edited July 2008 in Rumours
Rumoured to be returning - presumably on loan. Not sure what I make of this to be honest. If true it's a good move but I somehow wonder if it's it's true. Clearly Pompey have a surplus of players and I'd imagine that Redknapp and Pards are "old mates" so there may be something in it.

Comments

• Options
    I did wonder what would become of Herm in the Fratton clear-out...
  • Options
    Can't see it happening but two excellent signings for this division I think.

Add some good experience and Herm played well last season for Pompey, but would he give up the chance to play in Europe to come back?

Primus is more likely in my opinion and would be a decent loan signing.
  • Options
    would like to see it
  • Options
    But Sky Sports site says we are after Cranie on loan from them?

Who will we get? :|
  • Options
    Herman - I'm soured by his last season cos he was awful. BUT will concede he was back to his best for Pompey last year BUT I think we need to move on.

We don't need him at left back and I don't care what anyone says the bloke is not a Centre back.
  • Options
    Kind of agree with Ledge, but at this level, he'll do well. Primus would be a good signing for us too.
  • Options
    Can't see Herman coming. Wasn't he a regular starter for Pompei last year? I can see Primus and Cranie coming though. Both surplus to requirements.
  • Options
    Herman , Primus , Cranie id take any or all and be thankfull for em.
  • Options
    Cannot see there being anything in this.

A left back is probably the one position we don't need, and with his injury record, Primus would be too much of a risk i think now.

Something needs to be done quickly at the back though
  • Options
    And I thought the intention was not to have any loan signings this season?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks AFKA. Cold water etc etc.

I think we should all meet on Blackheath and sing the Eddy Grant classic " Give me hope"
  • Options
    Primus won't be coming.

Out of all of them I can only see Cranie.
  • Options
    Don't want Hermann back - he walked away from us on a free as soon as he could. No show of loyalty whatsoever so don't want him back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Thanks AFKA. Cold water etc etc.

I think we should all meet on Blackheath and sing the Eddy Grant classic " Give me hope"

Not sure, but i was stood on a chair in a club on Saturday conducting a chorus of 'i don't want to dance, dance with my baaaby no more' :-)
  • Options
    Eddy was over here few weeks back maybe we should get him down the Valley do the singing before the game rather than some tubby Swede ?

"rock down to The Valley avenue"
  • Options
    Lets hope from next Monday the tanned Mr Pardew (Charltons tango man) has a plan of bringing in players.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Don't want Hermann back - he walked away from us on a free as soon as he could. No show of loyalty whatsoever so don't want him back.[/quote]

If we based decisions on any signs of loyalty we would have no players what so ever. Sadly it rarely exists these days in footballers.
  • Options
    Primus.........yes,yes,yes
    Herman.......noooooooo

I'd boo him like Defoe- traitor left on a free with it written in his contract that he could go if we were relegated. What incentive did he have during the last few games to keep us up when he knew he could get a big signing on fee if we went down

Booooooo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Don't want Hermann back - he walked away from us on a free as soon as he could. No show of loyalty whatsoever so don't want him back.
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Primus.........yes,yes,yes
    Herman.......noooooooo

I'd boo him like Defoe- traitor left on a free with it written in his contract that he could go if we were relegated. What incentive did he have during the last few games to keep us up when he knew he could get a big signing on fee if we went down

Booooooo

Oh perlease. We probably would have sold him had there not been that agreement and in any case we would have been happy to get his salary off the books.

So you'd boo a player in a Charlton shirt would you Golfie?
  • Options
    its one thing for a player to get sold when a club gets relegated - but a totally different thing to have it written ito a contract that that player can leave ON A FREE if they go down.

Imagine a scenario - Spurs at home 2 years ago. A defeat meant relegation & to HH it meant a move to another club (very poss a Premiership one) and a signing on fee that I imagine would put your annual salary to shame.

Does he stop a goal bound shot or not ??????
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh, PS

Yes I would boo him.
  • Options
    More fool the club for allowing the clause in the contract in the first place then. HH had his faults but he always gave 100% whenever he was in a Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]its one thing for a player to get sold when a club gets relegated - but a totally different thing to have it written ito a contract that that player can leave ON A FREE if they go down.

Imagine a scenario - Spurs at home 2 years ago. A defeat meant relegation & to HH it meant a move to another club (very poss a Premiership one) and a signing on fee that I imagine would put your annual salary to shame.

More fool Charlton for allowing it to be written into his contract then. Or more fool us for not writing something into his contract that he could only leave provided a transfer fee of X amount was made which would at least have guaranteed us some money.

But there was be no guarantee that another Premiership club would come in for him and in the scenario you outline I don't think that he was that sort of player who'd throw a sickie or go awol when the writing was on the wall.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]its one thing for a player to get sold when a club gets relegated - but a totally different thing to have it written ito a contract that that player can leave ON A FREE if they go down.

To even seriously think that its stupid IMO
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Oh, PS

Yes I would boo him.

Im so pleased you dont sit anywhere near me
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]
    Herman.......noooooooo

Booooooo

Wasn't that a similar clause he had in his Ipswich contract which allowed us to sign him when they were relegated. He had no loyalty to Ipswich but we loved him when he came to us. I think you are still living in a dim and distant world when clubs and players were drawn together and stayed through loyalty. It just don't happen anymore. Look at us and Paddy. Pards signs him saying that he was a player he admired and yet in less than 12 months he's gone. I don't blame Herm one bit for having negotiated a "get out clause" in his contract. In was contact freely entered into by both sides. I'd have him back if he's still got it in him.
  • Options
    I agree with goonerhater - I'd be grateful for any of them.

Could never understand why HH gets criticised. Makes the odd mistake - who doesn't - but his attitude and tenacity are top notch.

Still, I'll believe it when I see it!
  • Options
    Primus is 34 turning 35 in September, and is just coming back after a long layoff with a knee injury. It'd be good to have his experience around but there must be question marks about his ability to last a season. So we'd need another CB at least as cover.

HH is a year younger and this season is the last of his current deal with Portsmouth. Of the two I'd prefer HH back, but that's mostly because I've seen him play more often.
  • Options
    Wasn't that a similar clause he had in his Ipswich contract which allowed us to sign him when they were relegated.

No, Ipswich at the time had already been relegated and were in administration meaning that he could sign for a club poutside the window although not play for them. I think we signed him around March time and he played in the reserves for the remainder of the season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Wasn't that a similar clause he had in his Ipswich contract which allowed us to sign him when they were relegated.

No, Ipswich at the time had already been relegated and were in administration meaning that he could sign for a club poutside the window although not play for them. I think we signed him around March time and he played in the reserves for the remainder of the season.

If I remember rightly he was carrying an injury and took the opportunity to have an operation as he wasn't allowed to play first team football.