Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fleetwood has signed

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
according to my mate who is a local journo that way.

Its all been tied up but FGR wouldn't accept our six-figure offer, so it will go to a tribunal.

Comments

• Options
    Just leave it we dont need him
  • Options
    to late for that now, we've got him !

Not sure how you can say just leave him when you have never seen him play.
  • Options
    I'm a bit sceptical of this signing to be honest. I can't see Pardew playing him I really can't. I've no doubting his ability I have made a point of looking out for action involving FGR and he looks a good player. BUT Pardew will be under pressure from the off to get results and just don't see him gambling on playing Fleetwood -

Hope I am wrong.
  • Options
    I think you raise a valid point top be honest.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]to late for that now, we've got him !

Not sure how you can say just leave him when you have never seen him play.[/quote]

How do you know i have never seen him play?
  • Options
    I don't, but i was kind of hoping for a bit more insightfulness than 'just leave it' after we've already signed the bloke !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]according to my mate who is a local journo that way.

how come you suddenly establish lots of journo mates all over the country???
  • Options
    Iwelumo, Mcleod, Varney, Gray, Todorov, Dickson, (Bent), Fleetwood.

Are we going to be playing 4-2-4 this season? It's nice to have a manager who likes a striker, but buy some midfielders!
  • Options
    yeah was thinking the same.

Is Bart a media snout
  • Options
    i think he will play him i can see Varney being put out on the wing and Fleetwood playing upfront with Toddy or Dicko TBH.

I think Pards will play the" i havent got the players" if results dont come our way

and start saying but look who i have i the team Varney non league 3 seasons ago, Dicko non League 2 seasons ago and Fleetwood non league last year

then there is Shelvey yoof team last year as is waggs potentially when you look at it like that we could end up with 5 out of the starting 11 with no more than 4 seasons of 1st team league footy between them

that is a worry but should make for some intresting reactions on here atleast
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I don't, but i was kind of hoping for a bit more insightfulness than 'just leave it' after we've already signed the bloke ![/quote]

I did say it before as well but Pards ingnored me FFS
  • Options
    Not a chance NLA can't see it.

He's already said Shelvey won't play every week.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]according to my mate who is a local journo that way.

how come you suddenly establish lots of journo mates all over the country???

networking
  • Options
    I'm more convinced then ever that Iwelumo won't be here next season if someone offers cash for him.
  • Options
    I think that McLeod and even Dickson could be loaned out again, Izale could go if the right offer was on the table, dont think Pards would let Dickson go on a transfer because there would be big protests if he did. we have Gray and Toddy who are tho ones who will drop off be the 'missing link' as Pards says then we have Varney / Dickson / Fleetwood to be the smaller quicker fox in the boxes, big man small man always works well for me, then theres big chris to lump on if were 1 nil down to mix it up abit. On paper a quailty forward line, just as last term we just need someone to bloody supply the ball to them, thru midfield and with decent crosses!!
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]networking
    Be honest Mr Bartram, you previously went by the monicker of "The Spy"!! :-p
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]I think that McLeod and even Dickson could be loaned out again, Izale could go if the right offer was on the table, dont think Pards would let Dickson go on a transfer because there would be big protests if he did. we have Gray and Toddy who are tho ones who will drop off be the 'missing link' as Pards says then we have Varney / Dickson / Fleetwood to be the smaller quicker fox in the boxes, big man small man always works well for me, then theres big chris to lump on if were 1 nil down to mix it up abit. On paper a quailty forward line, just as last term we just need someone to bloody supply the ball to them, thru midfield and with decent crosses!!

Pray tell me why there would be big protests if Dickson was sold?????????
  • Options
    Only saying they will be his excuses Ledge

i bet we hear the king of spin say it at least 2wice in the opening 6 weeks.

they might not start every game but i will change the starting 11 comment for 5 of the first team squad have only 4 seasons of 1st team league footie between them
  • Options
    Because if you have seen him in the resserves or at gillingham the bloke is an unbelivable talent, to go without even getting a look in at the first team would be a joke.. you only have to search around on here and most people would say the same, unless it was somthing stupid like 5 million from a premiere league club that would be ok but that aint gona happen, if he gets a run of games next season watch the boy go, he is like a young Ian Wright he knows where the goal is, if you saw the volley he scored for the gills last season you would be feeling the same.

Watch this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnUwn4nA2gQ
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]I think that McLeod and even Dickson could be loaned out again, Izale could go if the right offer was on the table, dont think Pards would let Dickson go on a transfer because there would be big protests if he did. we have Gray and Toddy who are tho ones who will drop off be the 'missing link' as Pards says then we have Varney / Dickson / Fleetwood to be the smaller quicker fox in the boxes, big man small man always works well for me, then theres big chris to lump on if were 1 nil down to mix it up abit. On paper a quailty forward line, just as last term we just need someone to bloody supply the ball to them, thru midfield and with decent crosses!!

This is true. I don't think the problem last season was our strikers not taking their chances, it was that they weren't given any! I really hope he's looking for a midfield man. A Graham Stuart type would do me just fine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The hype surrounding Dickson is nothing short of ridiculous. I'd like to see him get a chance, but i find it infuriating that some rate him so highly off of so few performances and would gladly show players like Izale, who have done much more in league football, the door. If we were to judge players off brief rosy spells then Marcus Bent is worth every penny of £3 mill.
  • Options
    Just anyone who can pick a pass either on the ground splitting the defence or a 20 yard ping out wide to one of the wingers would make such a difference to us. It has to be our number one piority this summer and i hope Pards knows this aswell. we cannot turn up first game of the season with holland and zheng.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite][Be honest Mr Bartram, you previously went by the monicker of "The Spy"!! :-p

No, but he is a good contact of mine, but much better looking than me sadly
  • Options
    can't see they'd be too many protests IF Dickson were to be sold. As with most things we don't know what goes on behind the scenes, a players attitute on the training ground etc. I'm not saying that there is a problem with Dicko but we don't see the whole scenario. From what I've seen he has too many rough edges and another spell on loan is needed in my opinion to iron them out. I'm also not saying that Fleetwood would be a raving success but I do find it strange that those who champion Dickson also write off Fleetwood in the same breath but in truth at least Fleetwood has come up through a professional club and all that brings with it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]

Because he is the People's Prince !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]

Because he is the People's Prince !!!

People seem to forget he cant actually trap a ball or pass but heh, if you're all pinning your hopes on him at least you've got some hopes.
  • Options
    Another unknown quantity this chap Fleetwood is which is not neccessarily a bad thing as with Dickson, he is not gonna blow our transfer budget & players at this level will know bugger all about him which is an advantage at any level. Our First line of Gray, Varney, Todorov should be more than good enough at this level then we have the likes of Dickson, Fleetwood & eventually McLeod after injury as back up, sorry Big Chris looks like you will be the odd one out this year.
  • Options
    I saw him in a game last season , scored 2 goals.
  • Options
    I reckon someone out of Varney/Gray/Iwelumo will be off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Another unknown quantity this chap Fleetwood is which is not neccessarily a bad thing as with Dickson, he is not gonna blow our transfer budget & players at this level will know bugger all about him which is an advantage at any level. Our First line of Gray, Varney, Todorov should be more than good enough at this level then we have the likes of Dickson, Fleetwood & eventually McLeod after injury as back up, sorry Big Chris looks like you will be the odd one out this year.

They know bugger all about me but I doubt I'll get a look in :-)