Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

3 Questions about SE10

2»

Comments

• Options
    Editors did the video for Bullets at Lovells Wharf.

Part of the new Mars football ad is done at the Power Station in Greenwich
  • Options
    oh and Blur did the Parklife vid at the Pilot inn, pre the redvelopment
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/entertainment/films/londonfilmlist.shtml

usefull website for fellow film nerds.
  • Options
    adam you must have done some TV works in the following: British Library, Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, Carlton Tower Hotel,landmark London Hotel .
  • Options
    They were filming Little Dorritt on the "beach" just up from the trafalgar a few saturdays ago. Caused a right traffic log with pedestrians trying to walk along.
  • Options
    GH british library yeah gets used loads. good location often tho the yanks get pissed off when they see inside and where its modern and clean they end up building a fake inner library instead, with all dust and cobwebs ect.. its amazing how many americans really think london is like Mary Poppins!!
  • Options
    Layer Cake was filmed around Greenwich and Docklands, the sniper had a go at Daniel Craig from the bushes in front of the Observatory in the Park.
  • Options
    the itv film Flood was all filmed in greenwich and charlton with robert Carlisle, the four feathers with Heath Ledger (rip) was filmed on the cutty sark. Londons burning was all local ie woolwich charlton, the dramatic scene in eastenders when andy got pushed of the bridge was the bridge over the a2 linking westcombe park to charlton. John simm filmed a new feature in woolwich last year just down from the town hall, think its gone straight to dvd but would be worth a look.
  • Options
    mate the yanks get pissed off when they see real history the actual Magna Carta, the log book of the Victory opened to read "and Nelson died".

They should use The British Librarys News paper archive at Collingdale it holds all the news papers mags etc for the Uk and Ireland going back to the year Ff**k Knows When . The reading rooms look like Dickens should be at the reading desks.

I was the guy who often used to say "i dont care what ur paying u aint doing that in my building !!"
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Parked up on Sunday on Westmount Park Road, walked round the park, around the packed market, round by the cutty, stopped for a coffee, back round the park, couldn't get a more relaxing day.

Love Greenwich. Best place in London and like me, so many of us probably take it for granted.[/quote]

Absolutely spot on. I miss Greenwich dearly.

I think Patriot Games was partly filmed at the Naval College.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's an 70's film, some of it done in Woolwich, starts off with a young girl getting off a routemaster bus by the ferry with a pram, then walking towards a football ground (they used QPR for these shots for some reason) and then a crowd of "yoofs" in flares throw a milk bottle shouting "we want a f****** riot" and then it all kicks off, pram turned over baby killed etc.

Does this ring bells with anyone, if so whats the film called?
  • Options
    even tho i was born in 1980 i think i have seen this sometime trying to look it up now, but youre right about the ferry and stuff cant think why the used QPR alltho if memory serves me right wernt it a night shot at loftus road?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]There's an 70's film, some of it done in Woolwich, starts off with a young girl getting off a routemaster bus by the ferry with a pram, then walking towards a football ground (they used QPR for these shots for some reason) and then a crowd of "yoofs" in flares throw a milk bottle shouting "we want a f****** riot" and then it all kicks off, pram turned over baby killed etc.

That was yesterday on Powis Street
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]even tho i was born in 1980 i think i have seen this sometime trying to look it up now, but youre right about the ferry and stuff cant think why the used QPR alltho if memory serves me right wernt it a night shot at loftus road?

Sure it was daytime, football crowd, lots of flares and long hair, she got off the bus right by the old cinema and the roundabout.
  • Options
    im sure it was on over the last year or two remeber saying f me thats woolwich! will see what i can drag up.
  • Options
    Nice one, glad someone else knows what I'm on about
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]There's an 70's film, some of it done in Woolwich, starts off with a young girl getting off a routemaster bus by the ferry with a pram, then walking towards a football ground (they used QPR for these shots for some reason) and then a crowd of "yoofs" in flares throw a milk bottle shouting "we want a f****** riot" and then it all kicks off, pram turned over baby killed etc.

Made (1972)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073330/
  • Options
    Goonerhater told me he liked The Arsenal Stadium Mystery...... :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Goonerhater told me he liked The Arsenal Stadium Mystery...... :-)
    Henry was in the crowd shots :)
  • Options
    Len was it the story about some 1 burning Sarf london Gooners ? love a happy ending me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The shock news in this thread is surely that Curb_it has never been in the Richard 1 before!

She's absolutely spot on though - it's a cracking pub, especially when the suns out and you sit in the garden!
  • Options
    As has been said London's Burning was filmed around Woolwich. During one shoot in the old Arsenal behind Belmarsh, they needed to create a large explosion.
    The crew spent several days preparing for it.
    When everything went bang as expected. But they didn't warn anybody. The prison went into lock down as everybody thought an escape was going on. Needless to say the LFB and Police were sent in large numbers. The crew had to do some real grovelling!
    Also filmed around Greenwich/Woolwich was a medical series called Golden hour. It was filmed on the Glyndon estate and Plumstead common. I lost count how many times the car would drive past the same buildings on route to a call (A bit like Tom and Jerry).
    Another tv programme was the Bill.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]GH british library yeah gets used loads. good location often tho the yanks get pissed off when they see inside and where its modern and clean they end up building a fake inner library instead, with all dust and cobwebs ect.. its amazing how many americans really think london is like Mary Poppins!!
    LOL

I used to work at the British Library - the last four years it was in Bloomsbury as part of the BM, and the first four years it was in St. Pancras. Christ I could tell you some stories about the old place that would make your toes curl! The new place is an absolute soulless ****hole
  • Options
    Nice one Guinness