Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zheng to Fulham

13»

Comments

• Options
    according to today's papers it's £3m
  • Options
    I've said it before, but i'll repeat myself.

We have to change our mindset on how we look at transfers. In the prem, we did not 'have to sell' to keep afloat every year, that worry was taken out of our hands. We sold because we were offered what we thought was good value, or we wanted to move a player on.

Now its different. None of us really know the extent of the current financial position. Are we making a y/y loss, and how much of a shortfall do we need to fill it to be self sustaining ?

Is it £1m ? Is it £4m ? We don't know.

With the two being touted about being Zheng and Bougy, i suspect its more than the £1m Marcus Bent will bring in. If Pardew needs money to bring in players he wants, we have to raise more, and like the Reid deal with other factors considered, £4m for ZZ would be far to good to turn down. I personally can't see the bid being near that high though.
  • Options
    £2M for ZZ would be a good deal esp. since he only has a year on his contract - but how is he going to get a work permit? Losing Magic woukld be a body blow.

As for Reid, hopefully the board realise now that selling him for £4M was a big mistake (in fact it wasn't even £4M).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite] £4m for ZZ would be far to good to turn down. I personally can't see the bid being near that high though.

Unfortunately i agree, and think we're more likely to get in the £1.5m region with the likes of Bouazza coming on loan. Hope he stays but he is one of the players who i thought could leave if we stayed down.
  • Options
    http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=95915

Sunderland and Boro might be interested according to this reliable source.
    Newcastle too according to the much repsected Daily Star.

So much talk about him but no mention of his work permit situation.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=95915

Sunderland and Boro might be interested according to this reliable source.
    Newcastle too according to the much repsected Daily Star.

So much talk about him but no mention of his work permit situation.

China now 87th in the FIFA rankings but that could change at the Olympics (or could it?)

In any case a "big" club would appeal and most likely win.

Unlike with us and Christian Bolanos
  • Options
    http://www.chinanewswire.com/pr/20080604113843296
  • Options
    Be a bit embarrassing if we sold him before then, wouldn't it, Salad?!
  • Options
    Yes, but I guess he would still probably turn up to help ... maybe.
  • Options
    rumours summed up here:
    http://www.bexleytimes.co.uk/content/bexley/times/sport/story.aspx?brand=BXYOnline&category=sportfootball&tBrand=northlondon24&tCategory=sportbxy&itemid=WeED04%20Jun%202008%2015%3A51%3A40%3A153

No mention of the work permit situation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can somebody tell me is Fintan Quinn a made up name?
  • Options
    i new a bloke called hank wanke.
  • Options
    I knew a Fintan so it's not a made up name.
  • Options
    i new a bloke called ray cuntox
  • Options
    I knew a bloke called Dick Ade
  • Options
    quite a few people must've heard of dick ayres from the shooters hill area
  • Options
    he was a caretaker at eaglesfield he lived up the top of shooters hill by that pub just past the red lion
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]

As for Reid, hopefully the board realise now that selling him for £4M was a big mistake (in fact it wasn't even £4M).

Was it really a big mistake? What if the need for the money outweighed the need for promotion? As in the bank wanted the money RIGHT THEN.

There is no garuntee we would have gone up with Reidy.
  • Options
    I know a bloke called Harry Monk
  • Options
    'Was it really a big mistake? What if the need for the money outweighed the need for promotion? As in the bank wanted the money RIGHT THEN.

There is no garuntee we would have gone up with Reidy. '

If that is the case surely that is financial miss management. How many years were we in the Premiership again ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Was it really a big mistake? What if the need for the money outweighed the need for promotion? As in the bank wanted the money RIGHT THEN.

There is no garuntee we would have gone up with Reidy.
    If things were that desperate Stu would we have spent £1.5M on a player around the same time?
  • Options
    I know a bloke called Mike Hunt. I swear. He got arrested for possesion outside a night club and the Police said "come on mate. Don't you think you are in enogh trouble." Wasn't till they searched him and found his cash card until they realized he was not lying. Cue many profuse appologies!!!!! What cruel parents. Mike not even Micheal.
  • Options
    I've met a Richard Head and a company I used to work for had a customer called Wayne Carr.
  • Options
    I know of a Michael Hunt who chooses to be Mike, I also knew a Dick Slater.

I always wondered if Mike Hunt would like to meet Dick Slater
  • Options
    Back to Zheng Zhi, he has some important games to play, although is tired according to his coach:
    http://english.people.com.cn/90001/90779/90871/6425222.html

"I think he contributed a lot in his position," Dujkovic said. "He made some mistakes and that's because he is still tired after the English league competitions.

"But he gives us the spirit and motivation as long as he is on the pitch."