Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Corkage

if you can't be bothered to get an alcohol license, then why the hell should you charge someone for bringing their own drink ?
    Personally I prefer that to no alcohol. And corkage is less than the profit on a bottle of wine, so it's a lot cheaper if you bring a more expensive vintage.

Sorry - can't go along with this one Mr OL. 🤷‍♂️

@MrOneLung bottle got screw tops though
  • Options
    Kid running around in the doctors this afternoon, trainers with a squeaker in them that goes off every time she takes a step.     

should have tripped her up
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Corkage

if you can't be bothered to get an alcohol license, then why the hell should you charge someone for bringing their own drink ?
    I'd guess that restaurants make a decent percentage of their margin from alcohol. A restaurant that hasn't got an alcohol licence (or can't get one even if they wanted one) that didn't charge corkage would need to cover that margin requirement by charging higher prices than the equivalent licensed restaurants, or charge the same prices as the equivalent licensed restaurants with lower quality ingredients. Either way, its not a recipe for success.

Of course this assumption ignores many other cost elements that might validate or invalidate the point - rent, staff costs, rates, etc. etc. 
  • Options
    Drivers about 2 yards behind me in minus temperatures early mornings on my way in to work.
  • Options
    fucking cunting ticket system on the website

cunts

Lengths some people go to to let everyone know they're allowed to go the football tomorrow
  • Options

cunts

You ok hun x
  • Options

cunts

WIOTFCW
  • Options

cunts

You ok hun x
    I’ll pm you x
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

cunts

Lengths some people go to to let everyone know they're allowed to go the football tomorrow
    If I wasn’t taking A I would have fucked it off, a good hour I spent trying to do that with no joy, I walked out of work early with the hump because people started asking what was wrong because I was clearly raging 

still haven’t got them and will probably get hooked by hr on Monday about my anger issues 

cunts
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Corkage

Love a bring your own bottle type place happy to pay a little bit for corkage as still tends to work out cheaper than buying drinks in a normal restaurant and you can take stuff you'll know you'll like.

Admittedly I'm talking a few quid corkage for a few beers/a bottle of wine, not the £20 a bottle for your expensive vintage!!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Corkage

Love a bring your own bottle type place happy to pay a little bit for corkage as still tends to work out cheaper than buying drinks in a normal restaurant and you can take stuff you'll know you'll like.

Admittedly I'm talking a few quid corkage for a few beers/a bottle of wine, not the £20 a bottle for your expensive vintage!!
    Nah not having it. Not like you are taking it so that you don’t pay their prices for their wine etc. They are literally not providing alcohol. 

Like going to a mates bbq and they charge you for bringing your own burgers. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Corkage

Nah not having it. Not like you are taking it so that you don’t pay their prices for their wine etc. They are literally not providing alcohol. 

Like going to a mates bbq and they charge you for bringing your own burgers. 
    What’s wrong with that! He’s supplying the charcoal! 😉
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    A bit like that @stig is shops or online stores that ask you to donate 10p or a £1 to charity. I do a bit for charity, but I like to choose where it goes and don’t want  the shop getting the credit. Not that I want any glory for my minor effort.
  • Options

cunts

You ok hun x
    I’ll pm you x
    To many 🐍🐍🐍 babe x
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Restaurants, and even some pubs, that try to pressure you into tipping by requesting it on a card machine. It's always a big fat no from me.
    - I'll decide if I want to give tip, not you. I won't be manipulated into it.
    - I don't trust the business not to take a slice of it.
    - Even if they don't, invariably I want to give my tip to the person who's given me good service. If they want to share it with their colleagues, that's their choice but my tip is intended for them.
    I wish everyone would be as resolute as me about this, it would soon end this grubby little practice. 
    I never tip via a cash machine, I always hand the cash tip to the waiter/waitress.
    Bit do they share it with the kitchen staff who made the lovely food? 
  • Options
    People who park in a disabled bay but don't have a disabled badge. 

People who park in parent/children bays without any children (with them) or children who are obviously well over 11
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Weeds, and moreover that there is no word in French for weeds. The French translates as 'bad grass.' But it's not bad grass, they are weeds.
    'Who's to say what's bad or not?' I've even had said to me.
    'Who' ? I say 'Me that's who!'. 
     If they are growing outside your house, bloody tear the bastards out because they proliferate and end up in my garden.
    I feel like punching the people at the town hall who encourage weed growing for biodiversity in the face and saying 'who's to say whether that's bad or not.' 

Seriously though, I am over it now. IfI ever feel annoyed about it, I tear them up from outside people's houses and leave them strewn out in the road, lol 
  • Options
    Laura Woods.
  • Options
    The Grammar Police!
  • Options
    Betting firms restricting accounts.
    Not used them in a while but virgin bet account I can't have a bet.
    Today's offers from them free £5 bet builder if you place a £5 bet builder.
    And in 2 horse races free up to £10 free bet if your horse finishes 2nd or 3rd.
    Why do so many promotions and then get the hump when punters are only betting on them promotions.?
  • Options

People who park in parent/children bays without any children (with them) or children who are obviously well over 11
    I get extra room is needed to get babies out of seats and prams close to the door, but why does an able bodied eight year old need a special bay? 
  • Options

I get extra room is needed to get babies out of seats and prams close to the door, but why does an able bodied eight year old need a special bay? 
    Stops them swinging the door into other people's cars I guess.  Kids do daft things.

Although child locks help.

• Options
    Women……particularly in super markets, who talk to their children so loudly that you can hear them two aisles away!
    WTF woman……I despair, I really do.