Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Almond Croissants, delicious and one of my favourites when having breakfast out.

NOW though, there's the ones that have custard, or some such goo inside and it's not clearly labelled and then the anticipation of delight turned into a huge nightmare of disappointment! 

FFS, NO, on so many fronts.
  • Options
    It's employee engagement survey time again at work. Having spent all year listening to everyone telling me how pissed off they are I know that most will, as usual, lie on the survey and say all is great. Management will see all these false responses and assume that everything is great and everyone is happy so nothing will change. I can then spend the next year listening to everyone tell me how shit everything is
  • Options
    the only reason to lie is if it is not anonymous
  • Options
    rina said:
    It's employee engagement survey time again at work. Having spent all year listening to everyone telling me how pissed off they are I know that most will, as usual, lie on the survey and say all is great. Management will see all these false responses and assume that everything is great and everyone is happy so nothing will change. I can then spend the next year listening to everyone tell me how shit everything is
    Ah yes. I get this. 

I remember doing this over 10 years ago when you knew the survey results when published would result in action plans I.e more work for  the staff to fix things for themselves. By that I mean token but bureaucratic things to ‘pretend’ we are changing more meaningfully. 

Anything but improve pay and reward which would really keep most happy. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I think that's where the issue is. People don't 100% trust that clicking on a link they've been sent can not/will not be traced
  • Options
    rina said:
    MrOneLung said:
    I think that's where the issue is. People don't 100% trust that clicking on a link they've been sent can not/will not be traced
    At a school I worked at a few years ago, a handful of people criticised some quite specific negative elements of the principal’s lack of professionalism. When the results were received (and before they were fed back) a few staff were asked by him if they knew anyone who made those comments. Some of those people complained to HR that he’d done this.
    Fast forward a couple of weeks and the survey results were fed back - no mention of the criticism. And as far as I know, no action against the principal for either the original complaints or for asking for names of his critics.

That’s why some people are reluctant to be completely honest on these surveys.
  • Options
    I remember one year where hardly anyone completed the staff survey forms. 

My boss was just back from long term sick and he suddenly became quite emotional at the close of a meeting.  He blurted out, 'What is wrong with me?'  There were about twenty of us all looking at each other in shock.  Apparently the fact that no one could be arsed with the survey had reflected very badly on him.

I as the oldest relic in the room was able to put him right.  I told him that most bosses (at the time) pointed out the section of the survey that appertained to them and 'encouraged' their staff to fill it in - hopefully positively.  I did of course add the caveat that when the boss plays ball with us we can play ball with them.  (I was coming up to retirement anyway  :|

• Options
    Television programmes that start - "In this series we will be looking at . . but, in today's programme I will be taking . . . but first Fred's got important news for . . . Fred over to you . . .thanks Sally, later I'll be showing you how to . . . but next Anne will take you through the steps of . . ." Just start at the beginning and go through the programme, let items be a complete surprise!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Just browsing through the newspaper this morning - feeling slightly irritated at seeing yet more pictures of Coleen Rooney on yet  another holiday - FFS how many holidays does that girl need?  When I go on to read that she has signed a 'multi million pound' deal with Disney plus to give her side of the Wagatha Christie story. 

Jeez man!!!  There's something wrong with society, with life, with people.  

I think back to that night in the pub when I drew a circle in the spilt beer on the bar.  I said to my mate, 'If that's society, this is me over here' and I dabbed my index finger an inch outside the circle.  He said, 'No Raith, If that's society this is you over here and moved my point six inches further out.  

I now think even that was a conservative estimate.  I'm going for a lie down!

Venn diagrams in a pub, not something you'd see or hear about on a match day in Bermondsey.
  • Options
    Just browsing through the newspaper this morning - feeling slightly irritated at seeing yet more pictures of Coleen Rooney on yet  another holiday - FFS how many holidays does that girl need?  When I go on to read that she has signed a 'multi million pound' deal with Disney plus to give her side of the Wagatha Christie story. 

Jeez man!!!  There's something wrong with society, with life, with people.  

I think back to that night in the pub when I drew a circle in the spilt beer on the bar.  I said to my mate, 'If that's society, this is me over here' and I dabbed my index finger an inch outside the circle.  He said, 'No Raith, If that's society this is you over here and moved my point six inches further out.  

I now think even that was a conservative estimate.  I'm going for a lie down!

Venn diagrams in a pub, not something you'd see or hear about on a match day in Bermondsey.
    I didn't know there was a name for it, I feel quite proud now and will use that word next time I explain the meaning of life in spilt beer.  :)
  • Options
    We can take men to the depths of the ocean, or the surface of the moon, but I still can’t get reception between St Johns and Kidbrooke.
  • Options
    Really getting pissed off with the amount of road signs that are being covered up by overgrown bushes and trees,this is causing people who are depending on this signage to be unable to know where they are going until the last minute.
  • Options
    Generally people standing in doorways, entrances, exits or the narrowest parts of aisles, platforms etc causing bottlenecks pinch points etc when there's loads more space in plain view just yards away
    More especially bods with trolleys, pushchairs, rucksacks, whatever making their blockage even bigger
    Just get the effing eff out of everybody else's way you self obsessed inconsiderate blights on humanity - life will be so much sweeter as the number of justifiably irate people won't be bumping into you, tutting, hissing and shoving past you gormless oxygen spongers.  One bump might be a clumsy twat, two, three, more means you're the problem - best of all just stay home out of everybody's damn way.
  • Options
    Really getting pissed off with the amount of road signs that are being covered up by overgrown bushes and trees,this is causing people who are depending on this signage to be unable to know where they are going until the last minute.
    It's a nightmare if you're trying to get to Bushey
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Generally people standing in doorways, entrances, exits or the narrowest parts of aisles, platforms etc causing bottlenecks pinch points etc when there's loads more space in plain view just yards away
    More especially bods with trolleys, pushchairs, rucksacks, whatever making their blockage even bigger
    Just get the effing eff out of everybody else's way you self obsessed inconsiderate blights on humanity - life will be so much sweeter as the number of justifiably irate people won't be bumping into you, tutting, hissing and shoving past you gormless oxygen spongers.  One bump might be a clumsy twat, two, three, more means you're the problem - best of all just stay home out of everybody's damn way.
    especially when they're doing it at doorways to smoke
  • Options
    People starting threads coz they’re bored and can’t think of anything more worthwhile to do.
  • Options
    Living in a country that is infested by legalised pick pockets. There are so many companies nowadays who seem to earn fortunes by mugging the public. The current number one on my hate list is NCP who charge £1 per minute (after a heavy up front charge) to wait in a queue to pick people up from Luton Airport. I was charged £31 the other day when I went to pick my son up. How the fuck is this legal?
  • Options
    Sounds like an expensive drop zone, rather than a cheaper short stay car park? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    People running the marathon and having to be videod having a sip of a pint🙄🙄 so staged 

it’s likely the Instagram culture of everything 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    People in the media who over-emphasise con/com on certain words. COMputer, CONtinue, CONcerned. Sometimes a northern thing but not always. Someone tell me I’m not the only one who’s noticed this. Sounds ridiculous.
  • Options
    Optics. As used by politicians to describe  communications of policy.
    Actually anyone using the word optics when not in a pub, using a scientific instrument or telescope. 
  • Options
    Talking of northeners (few posts up).
    There was one on the TV this week talking about lickle things and chimleys.
  • Options
    The Garner project is failing.
    The Sandguard project is failing.
    There's pretty much fcuk all we can do about it.
  • Options
    Opening the "why we cant build on a lead" thread and find its nothing to do with dogs! ;)