Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Macronate said:
    The stupidity of flies:

They annoy me so much.
    What drives me more crazy is that can't avoid a wall or fly through an open window, but you try to swat them with a newspaper or whatever and they turn into acrobatic flying geniuses.
    Treat yourself to one of these.
    I have great fun hurtling round the house swinging my bat around.
    Even if the charge doesn't zap them it's fun knocking them into next week.
    Hit one in to a spiders web the other day. Back of the net Brian.

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    You need one of these for house flies  :D

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Burglar Alarms

Is there honestly any point in them existing? - Have had one going off for ages now - No one seems to do anything about them, and they just piss of the neighbours, keeping my young Son awake etc.
    The 4 houses closest to me have alarms, I do also, (I think most do up my road). It’s all about making your neighbours house more inviting to thieves than your own. I don’t think anyone really takes much notice of an alarm going off. I would not like to be the one without though. 
    So I upped the ante, 7 foot high fences with trellis and cameras with night vision. My neighbours opposite have now done the same. 

That's what the police told my brother after he had been burgled. Make sure your house looks more of a challenge to get into than your neighbours and they'll go for your neighbours.
    Our local crime prevention officer said high fences or hedges blocking all view of the interior from the street are a major turn on for burglars - they prevent anyone seeing them in there when they shouldn't be.   Visible alarm paraphernalia on the outside of your house, likely to dissuade the opportunist but probably not the determined or career burglar.

As for interminable alarm sirens, properly installed and configured equipment should cease sounding after relatively brief time.  Unending or repeated sirens are most likely from faulty kit.

Burglar alarm's no effing use to you if you don't adequately lock your premises.  Over 70% of burgled property (police figures) is deemed 'inadequately secured', e.g. rear window left open, door(s) left unlocked, valuable items left in full view, car keys within reach of doors/windows.
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Burglar Alarms

Is there honestly any point in them existing? - Have had one going off for ages now - No one seems to do anything about them, and they just piss of the neighbours, keeping my young Son awake etc.
    The 4 houses closest to me have alarms, I do also, (I think most do up my road). It’s all about making your neighbours house more inviting to thieves than your own. I don’t think anyone really takes much notice of an alarm going off. I would not like to be the one without though. 
    So I upped the ante, 7 foot high fences with trellis and cameras with night vision. My neighbours opposite have now done the same. 

That's what the police told my brother after he had been burgled. Make sure your house looks more of a challenge to get into than your neighbours and they'll go for your neighbours.
    Our local crime prevention office said high fences or hedges blocking all view of the interior from the street are a major turn on for burglars - they prevent anyone seeing them in there when they shouldn't be.   Visible alarm paraphernalia on the outside of your house, likely to dissuade the opportunist but probably not the determined or career burglar.

As for interminable alarm sirens, properly installed and configured equipment should cease sounding after relatively brief time.  Unending or repeated sirens are most likely from faulty kit.

Burglar alarm's no effing use to you if you don't adequately lock your premises.  Over 70% of burgled property (police figures) is deemed 'inadequately secured', e.g. rear window left open, door(s) left unlocked, valuable items left in full view, car keys within reach of doors/windows.

Fly catcher, visual deterrent, the list is endless our dogs are so versatile ;)

• Options
    Social media videos where they scrape food with a knife to show how it's crispy.

Bored of seeing it.
  • Options
    Use of the word crispy rather than crisp. It's everywhere.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

As adjectives the difference between crisp and crispy

is that crisp is (of something seen or heard) sharp, clearly defined while crispy is having a crisp texture; brittle yet tender.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    IdleHans said:

As adjectives the difference between crisp and crispy

is that crisp is (of something seen or heard) sharp, clearly defined while crispy is having a crisp texture; brittle yet tender.
    So crisps are actually crispy, rather than crisp. In which case, why aren't they called crispies?
  • Options
    Staying in a small town this weekend here in Canada.

I've rung every single pub in the town and none of them have heard of the Champions League, nor will commit to showing it on Saturday.

One of them asked if it was a hockey match. Ridiculous set of people.
    They’re bulshitting when they say they don’t know about it. 
    Just tell them it’s on DAZN (which is true). Major sports channel in Canada. 
    If a sports event is shown on DAZN, Canadians know about it.

• Options
    Staying in a small town this weekend here in Canada.

I've rung every single pub in the town and none of them have heard of the Champions League, nor will commit to showing it on Saturday.

One of them asked if it was a hockey match. Ridiculous set of people.
    You might have trouble getting the cricket in a couple of weeks then.
  • Options
    The Canadian Brewhouse, Abbotsford saves the day!! Showing the Champions League final.

Let's goooooooooooo
  • Options
    Really pissed off with Andy Carroll all over the sun,who is interested in a failed footballer in bed with 3 women.
  • Options
    Really pissed off with Andy Carroll all over the sun,who is interested in a failed footballer in bed with 3 women.
    Are you actually really pissed off over that??
  • Options
    Move your toilet closer to the front door 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    arny23394 said:
    I really am,all the problems that could be headlined and we get nobodies on the front page,Katie Price coming up for sentencing in june,thats another major scoop,no doubt love island"stars" will soon be dominating the front pages,with their pathetic stories.(I know I should get out more,but i have done my back in and cant play golf at the moment)
  • Options
    The Trivago/Chelsea players advert.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Great shout! Didn’t think another football related advert would top Joe Hart/Head & Shoulders for levels of cringe but Trivago & Chelsea have managed it, Mason Mount especially for the dancing
  • Options
    I had a work meeting yesterday with someone I haven't seen for two years. Her first words were, "Your team had a good season". Not thinking she was the sort of person who would take the Mickey, I asked what she meant.
    "Crystal Palace" she said, "They had a great season".
    "Yeah, I know", I replied in my most solemn voice.
    Getting the message she said, "I'm sorry, who is it you support then"?
    "Charlton" I said.
    "Oh, I knew it was one of those teams being with 'C'. What league are they in now?
    There then followed an awkward two minute conversation about how poor Charlton had been and how well her team, West Ham, had done. Grrrr.    
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    I really am,all the problems that could be headlined and we get nobodies on the front page,Katie Price coming up for sentencing in june,thats another major scoop,no doubt love island"stars" will soon be dominating the front pages,with their pathetic stories.(I know I should get out more,but i have done my back in and cant play golf at the moment)
    It’s the sun - written for people with a single figure iq.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Macronate said:
    Great shout! Didn’t think another football related advert would top Joe Hart/Head & Shoulders for levels of cringe but Trivago & Chelsea have managed it, Mason Mount especially for the dancing
    It's actually put me off booking with Trivago now because I don't want to run the risk of arriving at a hotel and being greeted with a knobhead dancing around in reception, being egged on by his teammates.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I saw a clip of Loose Women where Stacey Soloman was asking why people care about the Queen or listen to what she says. I mean ffs. Stacey fucking Soloman.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I saw a clip of Loose Women where Stacey Soloman was asking why people care about the Queen or listen to what she says. I mean ffs. Stacey fucking Soloman.
    See I get why the queen is loved and why people listen to her, but I am no royalist.

Happy to have the royal family as our national celebrities if it means the reality tv personalities like Stacey Solomon, Gemma COLLINS ABSOLUTELY NOT ARTERTON (Forever Addickted doctored my quote), Rylan Clark and the like are seen as the media whores they are. They are so desperate to have their faces everywhere.