Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Not loving this general anti London vibe at present.  

It seems politicians of every persuasion are jumping on the supposed London centric cart to enhance their standing North of Watford at the expense of us poor southerners .

Boris diverting funds to pay off his new mates in the North and Midlands.  The press making Labour leader candidates with London background as no go candidates. The call to sidestep Wembley for the football, the idea of moving the House of Lords up country and now those cheeky Northern Cocks are even demanding to have trains that work up there. Whatever next?

The thing is your average Northerner isn't built to cope with the 24/7 lifestyle, the pressure, the sweat box cramped conditions, the pollution, travelling to work for more than 30 minutes, the extreme cost of housing, the price of our beer and coffee at nearly 3 quid a throw.  My guess is they'll eventually get what they so crave through feeling victimised and then bloody well regret it. 

Aye up lad remember when a pint of ale would cost yer a quid, you could still breathe the fresh mountain air, you could buy a detached property in yer own field for the price of one em them fancy ... what d'ya call em? Studio effing flats. Well I'll be buggered! :neutral:

Cut them some slack, they're only just getting their heads around electricity.
    What will the cost be for them to take their ferret's on the train? 
    Good question @suzisausage and will there be a discount when travelling with your whippet 
  • Kids and pushchairs in Coffee shops. Go and drink in M&S or Burger King with your screaming kids and leave me in peace to enjoy my Cortado.
    The coffee shop in our local supermarket is more like a creche these days ... trying to get a seat with dozens of pushchairs around is a nightmare. 
  • stonemuse said:
    Kids and pushchairs in Coffee shops. Go and drink in M&S or Burger King with your screaming kids and leave me in peace to enjoy my Cortado.
    The coffee shop in our local supermarket is more like a creche these days ... trying to get a seat with dozens of pushchairs around is a nightmare. 
    I'm not a coffee shop person as much as I've tried to be. One of the reasons is the acoustics always seem to be awful and I can hardly hear myself think let alone someone I'm having a drink with. The onslaught of mothers with children in them reinforces why I don't settle in coffee places, can't really blame the mothers as selfish as it is dragging noisy, energetic kids along for an overpriced hot drink 
  • People that don't understand the difference between a public park and a nature reserve. Please keep your excitable kids, your smelly mutt and your overloud conversations out of the latter. They're meant for wildlife and for loners like me, not as general recreation areas.

Worst offenders are the gaggles of old grannies who prowl around covered in pin badges of all the wild birds they'll never see because everything they say comes out like it's shouted through a megaphone. Here's a little tip, don't say very much and keep the volume at whisper level; that way you might not need the badges to remember what the birds look like.  
  • people being awkward for the sake of it.

there was a bloke with a suitcase on the station platform when i pulled into Farringdon this morning. he wasn't getting on that train so just stood there in the middle of the platform with a smug 'I'm not moving' look on his face.

prick was wearing a manky brown leather bomber jacket with a suit ffs
  • edited January 2020
    People who tell me it’s alright when our 8 week old puppy tries to chew on their fingers (he’s being carried atm) It’s not alright ffs, just like it’s not alright for my 5 year old 56kg male to chew on your arm now he’s bigger. That’s why I teach them while they’re puppies, now feck off 😂
  • Jeans with holes in the knees as a fashion statement/fad.
  • limeygent said:
    Jeans with holes in the knees as a fashion statement/fad.
    Are they out of fashion now?  No wonder that woman looked at me in disgust when I sat opposite her on the train with my knees in the 10-2 positive and a hole in the crotch of my jeans. I really must keep up with latest trends. 😉

• Sponsored links:

• Kids and pushchairs in Coffee shops. Go and drink in M&S or Burger King with your screaming kids and leave me in peace to enjoy my Cortado.

Quote boxes like this...

Anyway - young people go to "Coffee Shops", and young people attract screaming kids. So they can stay there with you Mike, and I can go to M&S with the coffin dodgers, where the volume is still loud - due to a lack of hearing aids - but at least it's constant.    :D
  • T_C_E said:
    limeygent said:
    Are they out of fashion now?  No wonder that woman looked at me in disgust when I sat opposite her on the train with my knees in the 10-2 positive and a hole in the crotch of my jeans. I really must keep up with latest trends. 😉

You shouldn't be hanging out on trains.
  • Brompton folding bicycles and the sad twats that ride them. I don't care if that is you. 
  • limeygent said:
    T_C_E said:
    limeygent said:

Blasphemy!
  • limeygent said:
    T_C_E said:
    limeygent said:

Blasphemy!
    But we could get a reputation....
  • To be fair lads he's right... we shouldnt be riding trains

We should be standing on the end of the platform, notebook and camera at the ready
  • When you hit the quote button, accidentally move the cursor up into the grey box around the quote, and then the cursor wont shift back to the white bit... Oh fuck it
  • IdleHans said:
    Brompton folding bicycles and the sad twats that ride them. I don't care if that is you. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn-qi6SVXyo
  • Stig said:
    IdleHans said:
    Brompton folding bicycles and the sad twats that ride them. I don't care if that is you. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn-qi6SVXyo
    Brilliant series. :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    BT Sport. watched the end of the Chelsea Arsenal match the other day and for the last 2 minutes of injury time they put up a picture in picture taking up a third of the screen with David Luiz (who had earlier been sent off) sitting in a cupboard watching the end of the same match on a tv. 
  • Sure he wasnt just sitting in the cupboard end?
  • Finding a decent full series on YouTube (Restoration Home), and having to suffer Caroline Quentin as the presenter. 
  • Lee Hendrie's voice
  • Leather sofas.
    Crap in winter as cold crap in summer as hot
  • Leather sofas.
    Crap in winter as cold, crap in summer as hot.
    Punctuation is your friend...   ;)  :D
  • Leather sofas.
    Crap in winter as cold crap in summer as hot
    I bought a new leather suite a couple of months ago.
    The salesman told me that the leather or whatever they do to the leather has improved enormously in the last 20 years.
    The leather is no longer cold in winter and hot in summer.

As far as mine is concerned, he is right about the winter.
  • edited January 2020
    The inability of people to sound their T's.

Hearing about things that will happen during "twenny twenny" is particularly grating.
  • On the leather seat thing, friends just got a new car with leather seats paying a fortune for the car. They decided that heated seats was an option for soft southerners (she is from Sunderland)

Sooo wrong. 
  • People using their phones whilst driving...

And footballers doing so and plastering it over social media.