Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    I'll see your wasps and raise you a False Widow on my old table saw -

• Options
    Beautiful animal. I love false widows. Another creature with a bad press. Got a lovely m/f pair living in the roof of our extension.

Steatoda (1 of 1)

Steatoda f (1 of 1)
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

The last wedding I was at, the couple’s first dance was to a Chris Brown song. I don’t know what’s worse.

These hoes ain't loyal?
  • Options
    Didn’t realise this was going to turn into a first dance at wedding thread, my now failed marriage we had Andy Williams, can’t take my eyes off if you, had a rehearsed salsa routine for it and everything (probably should have thought a bit harder about that when asked)
  • Options
    We had midnight train to Georgia. Not sure why the Mrs wanted it... It's about a woman fancying a loser.
  • Options
    A woman I used to work with had George Michael’s Careless Whisper as her first dance.

When challenged on it, she said most people in the 80s just picked the popular song of the time.

They’re not together anymore!
  • Options
    lots of people used to have Every Breath You Take, unaware that it's about stalking. I suspect a lot of them are not together either.
  • Options
    Stig said:

lots of people used to have Every Breath You Take, unaware that it's about stalking. I suspect a lot of them are not together either.

Yeah, I never knew how there was rarely any comment on Sting's lyrics.

Every Breath is about stalking and Don't Stand So Close To Me sounds rather teacher Paedo.
  • Options

T_C_E said:

Bride and groom first dance.... one sweet day -boys ll men.
    Didn't hear it myself, some told me it happened at a wedding they attended. :)

Never heard of it but 5 seconds on Google tells me that's a song for a funeral not a wedding. What is wrong with these people???
    Guilty as charged...... our 1st dance was 'One' by U2, which is about the Edge's divorce..... it was our favourite song at the time and we didn't want to subscribe to the usual sentimental dross.... no one else at the wedding seemed to notice the irony or, for that matter, give a shit.... we still laugh about it now, 24 years on, still married (just!).
    Fair enough really, and it's only the minority of snobs who "got" what a particular song was about who get aggrieved.

For what it's worth I had no idea One was about a divorce.
  • Options

I'll see your wasps and raise you a False Widow on my old table saw -

If you zoom in the spider has got Roland’s face on its back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:

T_C_E said:

Bride and groom first dance.... one sweet day -boys ll men.
    Didn't hear it myself, some told me it happened at a wedding they attended. :)

Never heard of it but 5 seconds on Google tells me that's a song for a funeral not a wedding. What is wrong with these people???
    Guilty as charged...... our 1st dance was 'One' by U2, which is about the Edge's divorce..... it was our favourite song at the time and we didn't want to subscribe to the usual sentimental dross.... no one else at the wedding seemed to notice the irony or, for that matter, give a shit.... we still laugh about it now, 24 years on, still married (just!).
    Fair enough really, and it's only the minority of snobs who "got" what a particular song was about who get aggrieved.

For what it's worth I had no idea One was about a divorce.
    I thought it was about AIDS
  • Options

People who dawdle in the middle of busy thoroughfares. Just finished my annual holiday which took me to numerous busy sightseeing spots, train stations, airports etc and I think I spent at least half the time trying to get past/around dawdling idiots. We all get lost or confused in unfamiliar places, but if you need to talk to your friends or read a map or anything other than keep moving, fuck off over by a wall or in a corner somewhere. Don’t stop and do it in a narrow walk away that hundreds of people are trying to get through.

This infuriates me. Up London it’s usually large groups of Asian tourists and when I do the school run it’s the mums that’ll be chatting absolute shite to each other right in the middle of the main gates.
  • Options

People who dawdle in the middle of busy thoroughfares. Just finished my annual holiday which took me to numerous busy sightseeing spots, train stations, airports etc and I think I spent at least half the time trying to get past/around dawdling idiots. We all get lost or confused in unfamiliar places, but if you need to talk to your friends or read a map or anything other than keep moving, fuck off over by a wall or in a corner somewhere. Don’t stop and do it in a narrow walk away that hundreds of people are trying to get through.

This infuriates me. Up London it’s usually large groups of Asian tourists and when I do the school run it’s the mums that’ll be chatting absolute shite to each other right in the middle of the main gates.
    Fruit and veg section of a supermarket is another favourite hang out for these cretins.
  • Options

Fruit and veg section of a supermarket is another favourite hang out for these cretins.
    Had a couple of dozy mares in Asda yesterday. I'm trying to whizz round and they are dithering around like a couple of tits in a trance. get out of the way !!
  • Options

Wasps, especially ones that decide to doggedly buzz around my head as I’m walking down the street, making me contort and swing my arms around like a hyperactive juvenile orangutan. Little stripey bastards.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/read-this/swarms-of-angry-drunk-wasps-are-on-the-rampage-in-the-uk/
  • Options
    Sorry ladies, but talking of supermarkets, it is the women who have to load their bags just so, and take their time no matter how big the queue is, then when told how much, look at their handbag in amazement as if they thought is was for free, then spend ages looking for their purse. Surely, if you are going to a shop, they know they have to pay, so why is their purse not in a position they know where it is. Confused, is this the wrong thread :smiley:
  • Options

Add this to be people who just stop dead on pavements or in tube walkways. If I go into the back of you and you faceplant then it's your own bloody fault sunshine.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Sorry ladies, but talking of supermarkets, it is the women who have to load their bags just so, and take their time no matter how big the queue is, then when told how much, look at their handbag in amazement as if they thought is was for free, then spend ages looking for their purse. Surely, if you are going to a shop, they know they have to pay, so why is their purse not in a position they know where it is. Confused, is this the wrong thread :smiley:

This is similar to people who wait at bus stops and complain that the bus is not on time. Bus arrives, then they have to look in about 10 pockets to see find their Oyster card.

That is why the bus gets delayed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:

Add this to be people who just stop dead on pavements or in tube walkways. If I go into the back of you and you faceplant then it's your own bloody fault sunshine.
    Things like this bring out the worst in me.

I drop the passive and become just plain aggressive.

Phrases such as "use your fucking eyes" and "have you ever tried looking where you are walking?" Have become regular for me on the walk to work.

Maybe I just hate people!
  • Options
    JWADDICK said:

MrLargo said:

I dropped a tin of tuna on a Chinese lady's head in Sainsburys New Cross yesterday.

I was massively hungover, desperate to get back to the sofa and f%*king sick of waiting for her to stop blocking the entire shelf while she dithered over whether to go for Princes or John West. I got impatient, reached over to get what I needed and it slipped out of my fingers and dealt her a glancing blow just above the ear.

Is nobody capable of just shrugging something off these days?! I apologised profusely (and with sincerity - I wouldn't want to hurt anyone, regardless of how long they take to select tinned fish), but she was determined to demonstrate how traumatic the whole thing was for her, make a bit of a scene, ensure that the whole supermarket knows that I'm the bloke who tries to murder people with canned sea life. She's probably having her first therapy session for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder today.

I was in a weakened state, and really felt that I didn't deserve any of the fallout from what was, ultimately, a fairly innocuous blow to the head.

Where are you taking her on holiday Mr L ?
    Post of the month!!!!!
  • Options
    JWADDICK said:

MrLargo said:

I dropped a tin of tuna on a Chinese lady's head in Sainsburys New Cross yesterday.

I was massively hungover, desperate to get back to the sofa and f%*king sick of waiting for her to stop blocking the entire shelf while she dithered over whether to go for Princes or John West. I got impatient, reached over to get what I needed and it slipped out of my fingers and dealt her a glancing blow just above the ear.

Is nobody capable of just shrugging something off these days?! I apologised profusely (and with sincerity - I wouldn't want to hurt anyone, regardless of how long they take to select tinned fish), but she was determined to demonstrate how traumatic the whole thing was for her, make a bit of a scene, ensure that the whole supermarket knows that I'm the bloke who tries to murder people with canned sea life. She's probably having her first therapy session for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder today.

I was in a weakened state, and really felt that I didn't deserve any of the fallout from what was, ultimately, a fairly innocuous blow to the head.

You can have a genuine LOL on me.
  • Options
    Rotten strawberries in the bottom of the punnet, just once I'd like to eat them all.......
  • Options
    JWADDICK said:

MrLargo said:

Oh leave it out, leave @MrLargo alone. Don't tell me you've never had a Chinese take away
  • Options
    Being verbally abused by a member of the public when all I wanted was to quietly start my day by stopping at the shop for my paper on the way to work. Bloke in a van obviously clocked my uniform (bit humid today so I didn’t have a jacket on) and decided to call me a ‘fucking tosser’. Charming.
  • Options

Being verbally abused by a member of the public when all I wanted was to quietly start my day by stopping at the shop for my paper on the way to work. Bloke in a van obviously clocked my uniform (bit humid today so I didn’t have a jacket on) and decided to call me a ‘fucking tosser’. Charming.

Probably @spannerupnorth ;)
  • Options
    Stig said:

Beautiful animal. I love false widows. Another creature with a bad press. Got a lovely m/f pair living in the roof of our extension.

Steatoda (1 of 1)

Steatoda f (1 of 1)

I had a false widow on my extension once.
    Well I believed her when she said her husband was dead.
  • Options
    On your extension?