Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

players aren't happy with reed in charge

2»

Comments

• Options
    senior players were spoken to about this
  • Options
    I would have thought that the way they have dealt with replacing Curbs would contradict that statement to be honest.

Mistakes get made when employing people, at my lost job but one two successive managers were brought in at great expense and on good pay and both had to be sacked. The first a nice bloke but out of his depth and the second a power mad bitch from beyond hell. Different styles both equally ineffectual.

When Lennie was appointed did anyone think he'd last as long? Or even get us promoted and keep us in the first division? Similarly when Curbs got the job did anyone think he'd achieve what he did?

With Dowie I'm getting the feeling that his face just didn't fit, he rubbed people up the wrong way but you can only do that and get away with it if the results are coming in and they weren't and the Board acted to turn things around before it got too late, and again we'll only know if they were right in May.

The impression I get is that the Board felt that Dowie at Charlton was one of those things that was never going to work.
  • Options
    the best way for the players and reed to answer the critics is to get some wins and get us into the semis and onwards.
  • Options
    I wonder what was alluded to when they mentioned something about the something Dowie claimed in the interview process that turned out not be the case in real life? His style of management perhaps?

If he lied during interview he could get zero compensation of course.
  • Options
    a players petition does seem to sound more plausible now though.

not really at any stage did they perform for reed,yet 10 minutes after meeting pardew they were thoroughly unrecognisable from a few days more.
  • Options
    i have no reason to believe the source wasn't telling the truth , which makes you think that reed did stitch up dowie and the same source said reed gets sacked if we lose at boro and that he was asked to resign after wycombe but refused also darren bent does not wish to leave charlton