Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

players aren't happy with reed in charge

rumour has it that the players have signed a petition to murray saying they are not happy with the appointment of reed

Comments

• any truth in this henry?
  • came from a very good source, the same source that told me reed had stitched dowie up
  • Even if Henry knew the answer he is not going to broadcast it on a message board. I'll get him to tell me then I can HAHAHA
  • how on earth is les reed going to inspire them,just look at him looks like a dodgy vicar!
  • the daily mail reckon reed is innocent.
  • how on earth is les reed going to inspire them,just look at him looks like a dodgy vicar!

we need some inspiration from above!
  • Dont say that....................

Christ guys, I feel like were going under...............

A bad performance on Sat and ...........
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]came from a very good source, the same source that told me reed had stitched dowie up

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I had a good sauce last night, Nando Tomato sauce is great
  • How reliable is this "rumour"?

According to the last set of rumours the players weren't happy with Dowie and his fitness training routines, now apparently it's Reed...but according to other rumours it was Reed who stabbed Dowie in the back...

If Murray was unhappy with the coaching set up he wouldn't have appointed Reed on a permanent basis. I think this is one rumour too far.
  • very reliable
  • Sponsored links:

• so according to press reports today, it stated that all staff were interviewed about the current set up (I'm assuming this includes players seeing as they are the most important staff).

Why then (when alot of them clearly must've stated that they didn't think Dowie was up to it) did they not all say the same about Reed....why wait and then get a petition together !.

Also, they must've got that bl**dy petition together fairly quickly !!!!!!!!.

I think this is b*llocks and to be honest people should now let Reed get on with it and get 100% behind him and the team.

How the hell do we know if he can inspire the team just cause he doesn't look like he's about to rant and rave at them all the time...
  • edited November 2006
    Even if this is thought to be true- at this time it's probably just the change provoking a temporary reaction

Figure it this way- your Boss unexpectedly gets the sack and the assistant manager takes over- you're going to feel unsettled at the least. I'm sure it will be very short lived, especially if we get something from Saturday.

What Reed and Robson need now is backing from all sides. Can't wait for Saturday when we, the fans can get behind them. Our support was great at Fulham- with even more at Reading it's going to be a great day!
  • don't believe this for one second for the pure reason that footballers are self-interested, and will not do themselves no favours by speaking badly of what is their new boss. Even if some had misgivings, it would be kept to themselves for now.

In the remote chance there is any truth in it, then they need their heads knocking together, because they are in no position at present to go round carrying any power. Consistently do it on the pitch, then you might get listened to.
  • I hate to say it i heard similar yesterday but without the petition bit... hopefully it's all nonsence
  • If all the staff have been spoken to about this then i doubt it is true.

If it is true and the players have been spoken to then the Board has made a grave mistake.

At the moment, i'm behind the club all the way.
  • I should add though, i have no reason to doubt oohaahmortimer, or believe he would make this up.

To be honest i'm trying not to believe it. The situation is complex enough without prima-dona underperforming players sticking their oar in...
  • The whole petition thing seems very unlikely, as it would require footballers being able to read and write!!
  • The players need to get on with the job in hand for god sake if this is true!If this is true they seem to be using who is in charge as a scape goat for the poor play on field!Get on with the job in hand and stop winging!
  • You can imagine it can't you.

"we, the undasighned, dont want L Reid Esquire as gaffer. Can we have somewon else please Chairmun. Thanks."
  • I think you missed out a 'Like' 2x "you knows" and an "Innit" from that Mr Hero!
  • Sponsored links:

• A Players Petition, crikey if all of them signed it they would have showed the most 'teamwork' they had shown all season, utter b******* !
  • Sounds like a crock of BS to me
  • I should add though, i have no reason to doubt oohaahmortimer, or believe he would make this up.

Same here, I just don't believe that Matty Holland would ever sign a petition against the new manager.

Neither would Traore, Carson, Diawara, Pouso, Reid, JFH etc who have been at the club five minutes.

What *might* have happened is that the players have signed a letter requesting a meeting to go over what's going on, what's the new set up, is Reed full time or full time temporary until a new boss is signed and can we have soft toilet rolls and jaffa cakes with our tea type letter.
  • I guess we'll find out on saturday. If the players look disinterested and we get spanked 4-0 then I think we'll have the answer!
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I should add though, i have no reason to doubt oohaahmortimer, or believe he would make this up

Me neither. Just sounds like someone rumour mongering
  • If you story holds any truth, who do they want as manager?
  • most were happy with dowie....well the one's who were playing ;-)
  • Our Board are a smart bunch. Have proved themsleves as nothing but over the recent (15 or so) years. I have no doubt that within the review process they spoke to all of the key players, as well as staff, which helped to build a case for Les Reed and Mark Robson taking over, rather than make the decision off their own backs without gauging a reaction to the idea before hand. That's why I think that this rumour is highly unlikely.

I have no doubt that Reed will be a great coach and our youth will start to come through again if he remains in situ for years, but my niggling worry is his ability to man manage the egos in the dressing room. I hope he does it - have always respected him after his last stint with us.
  • [cite]Posted By: Pavo[/cite]Our Board are a smart bunch

I would have thought that the way they have dealt with replacing Curbs would contradict that statement to be honest.
  • Not sure if this has been mentioned but I believe the quote was to do staff involved with the management of the club, I would assume this does not mean players, although of course they are being managed.