Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton

2»

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the suggestion, Chicago, but I didn't start going to away games until I was 16 and I can't remember Ronnie Moore. I remember we were all put into a tiny cage in the east stand, locked in and surrounded by OB - quite what they thought might happen I don't know! I loved the Goldstone (and have quite a soft spot for BHA) and went there quite a few times with my best mate who is a seagull (he would reciprocate by coming to see supercharlton). I've also been to a few Brighton v Palarse games - they're the most fun!
  • Options
    This has got to be the best friendly/pre-season we've had for years.
    Sun (hopefully), sea, sand, well pebbles and plenty of lovely alcohol..................and also a chance to have a nosey at some of the new signings!!
    Might well make a weekend of it with a few of the lads.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]One time I went to Brighton we had thousands there. Left early morning spent all day in the town (it was an evening k.o) Sham 69 were playing in Brighton that night as well (shows how long ago it was). There supporters spent the whole game chucking things at us and goading us. As we came out they came out at the same time and there was a massive fight in the park behind the ground. I was quite young (ish) at the time and it all seemed so exciting.

The thing that sticks in my mind is the old Terry Jacks song, "we had joy we had fun". If you were there you'll remember the rest of the words.

Sorry if I offend anyone with this memory but I suppose it's all part of growing up.

great stuff, remember it well
  • Options
    Apparently they only give 900 to away fans, I reckon we may have fans in the Brighton end for this one. Will be a great practise for Blackpool away 08/09!

I wonder if there would be Aberdeen V Celtic type chants, we hate Palace more than you!
  • Options
    Any news on tickets yet?
  • Options
    We will be there...sounds like its going to be a good turnout.....Rhino/Maglor.....you guys up for this one too?
  • Options
    Can't find any info anywhere on tickets - as it's a friendly they may only go on sale 3 or 4 weeks before the game, similar to Welling.

Could be that Brighton will not be expecting many of us, but they may well get a surprise!
  • Options
    Just booked my room for Brighton for Friday/saturday. Yeeeha.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]One time I went to Brighton we had thousands there. Left early morning spent all day in the town (it was an evening k.o) Sham 69 were playing in Brighton that night as well (shows how long ago it was). There supporters spent the whole game chucking things at us and goading us. As we came out they came out at the same time and there was a massive fight in the park behind the ground. I was quite young (ish) at the time and it all seemed so exciting.

The thing that sticks in my mind is the old Terry Jacks song, "we had joy we had fun". If you were there you'll remember the rest of the words.

Sorry if I offend anyone with this memory but I suppose it's all part of growing up.

Was this in the late 70's / early 80's? I went on a coach to Brighton organised by the boys from Middle Park and we met up with a coachload from the Valley Pub. Untouchable that night, were Charlton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Was this in the late 70's / early 80's? I went on a coach to Brighton organised by the boys from Middle Park and we met up with a coachload from the Valley Pub. Untouchable that night, were Charlton.

To be honest VM my memory is shite. I can never remember exact dates (or even years sometimes). I remember the events but not when they took place. I'm sure there are a few, how shall I put this, older posters who can remember much more detail. We are probably talking about the same night though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]

Was this in the late 70's / early 80's? I went on a coach to Brighton organised by the boys from Middle Park and we met up with a coachload from the Valley Pub. Untouchable that night, were Charlton.

I grew up in Middle Park, went to the Junior school 74 -79
  • Options
    Gonna do it this week, havent had time to get down there.

Cant wait to be honest, will be even more gagging for it after this Euro's, backed Spain at 6/1, Ballack Top scorer at 40/1