Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton

edited May 2008 in General Charlton
Anyone going

Was there at the Goldstone mid 80's what agreat day out that was
15-20 of us at 14 walking into a pub and we got served LOL

He was as good as gold said OK lads ill let you have one then on your way

Then found the pub full of Charlton after was fun and back in London was fun

Happy Days

Comments

• Options
    Oh yes, yes yes yes and triple yes, booking hotels as we speak, what a touch, what a weekend.
  • Options
    kin hell your keen lol
  • Options
    what a nice surprise, sunny day, plenty of booze... is this our foreign tour Henners?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]kin hell your keen lol

I love it down there, top weekend that will be in the sunshine.
  • Options
    just going to book a room now too.
  • Options
    One time I went to Brighton we had thousands there. Left early morning spent all day in the town (it was an evening k.o) Sham 69 were playing in Brighton that night as well (shows how long ago it was). There supporters spent the whole game chucking things at us and goading us. As we came out they came out at the same time and there was a massive fight in the park behind the ground. I was quite young (ish) at the time and it all seemed so exciting.

The thing that sticks in my mind is the old Terry Jacks song, "we had joy we had fun". If you were there you'll remember the rest of the words.

Sorry if I offend anyone with this memory but I suppose it's all part of growing up.
  • Options
    League Liner Special---- still have the scarf somewhere.

They forget not everyone got off at Charlton all the staff and rail people did (drive not of course) and then we found they hadnt locked the bar ! not much booze about but mum got some very nice wine glasses !!!!!!!

Da_9 maybe we should wander back to walkabout and have a word ? or not.
  • Options
    LOL @ GH, yes mate, got to be done, you know full well they know we're coming now....LOL

Minibus???????
  • Options
    I only live in Redhill, so this is down the road - good times!

"Oh we do like to be beside the seaside......
  • Options
    looks like ValleyGolders may have to have priority as we are going to take about 2,500 down there !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA_9 surely you couldnt con(i mean ask!) the Mrs to drive one again !!!!!!!
  • Options
    GH, will try and make this a boys day out if possible, last resort to ask her otherwise.
  • Options
    lol ok mate i promise i wont tell her she will be "the last resort" as i dont wanna see u stabbed !
  • Options
    Young un is up for it Ginge no reply

Maybe he is seeing how much lightbulbs are to replace
  • Options
    have we got brighton? when as well.
  • Options
    26th July
  • Options
    such a small ground,going to stay for the weekend for that one.
  • Options
    up for this one big time
  • Options
    lovely i'll have some of this. not far for me
  • Options
    we can all go to the fair together,then have the evening down west street
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shall we all book a restaurant in the Lanes!lol
  • Options
    Tavern just book the Lanes mate !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Tavern just book the Lanes mate !
    Will do fella
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Tavern just book the Lanes mate !
    Will do fella

Will we all get down the small alleyways?, some cracking pubs in there (although some of them wont show SPL games, ah GH)
  • Options
    DA-9 mate its the singing in the smoking room thats gets em upset mate. No paddling this time though.
  • Options
    Yeah, bit on the cold side mate wasnt it, your braver than me.
  • Options
    I remember in about 1987 being in a small caged set of away fans at the Goldstone and Charlton scoring (can't remember who) and everyone going mental. I think everybody finished up about 10 feet away from where they started as people bounced in all directions. I always think of this as being my favourite football moment, carried away by the sheer enjoyment and mentalness of the moment, in the sunshine with a load of proper football fans just ENJOYING football. Health and Safety would have a fit now, but by god was it fun! Its moments like that that make me wistful for pre-all seater days... we still lost in the end, I seem to remember, but no-one cared!
  • Options
    Think it was Ronnie Moore in '85 Bigstemarra. Lost 2-1. We scored early.
  • Options
    As this friendly has been organsied does this mean the MK Dons game is dead and that the club listened? The reason I ask is that I thought this was the proposed date for MK Dons game.
  • Options
    think you could be right JH2