Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shelvey will get freedon to express himself

2»

Comments

• Options
    stavranos
  • Options
    I wonder if there is scope to play him on the right side of midfield, judging by his corners he can certainly deliver a decent ball?
  • Options
    I would still like to see him well in contention - a bit worried that Pards isn't showing signs of 'giving him freedom to express himself'. We must give him a chance to come on from the bench at least every now and again -he has the creativity we are lacking, if not yet the experience to dominate a game at this level.
  • Options
    My Dad said the Goal Shelvey scored against Barnet behind closed doors was an amazing Lob from 35 yards. Nice to know we have a player who is a genuine talent in the making.
  • Options
    Would love to see him getting a run back in the team, if not then a months loan at any league 1 club not called Millwall.
  • Options
    The team is bedding down at the moment. I can see Jonjo playing a big role in the second half of the season when the side has started to be more efficient and fluent so that he doesn't have to waste his talent closing players down and tracking back. We need him driving us forward.
  • Options
    He's still only 16 and has some of the best players at the club ahead of him in his preferred position. Barring injuries this season should be about cup game starts (1 probably) and a handful of appearances as an impact sub. If JonJo wants/needs more starts i'd agree with FOD and send him down a division for a month or two. This season isn't the write off that many on here think and i think it would be a mistake to blood kids (however talented) for the future when we still have a shout of going up.
  • Options
    what bing said
  • Options
    who knows what his best position is, he might be next Graeme Stuart, why not?
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Jonjo may make a few starts just don't push him to much, Godfrey should get a chance to tr to prove himself at least seeing as he scores at will for the reserves and went to my school!

Hazelwick School -> Footballers
    Gareth Southgate, Ben Godfrey and hopefully some more soon, I have seen the talent and know a few could succeed!