Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This week I have been mainly listening to...

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Chaz and Dave

I forgot how good these two old monkeys were
    Little know fact time:

Chaz and Dave appear on an Emininininem track! They were session musicians when Labi Siffre recorded "I got the" which was sampled for "my name is" by Mr Mathers
  • Options
    Buddy holly stuff on CD. Pogues on car CD.

radio -- Gold ---60s stuff
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Buddy holly stuff on CD. Pogues on car CD.

radio -- Gold ---60s stuff

The Pogues...................what the hell GH?????
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Didn't know he had the same first name as our departing Chief Exec....?
  • Options
    And his middle name same as one of our Wembley heroes.

This man is not only a dead composer (de-composer, anyone?) - but seriously Charlton.
  • Options
    hehe, change the thread to Charlton related! it was the Matthew Bourne's Nutcracker! that I went to see last night. Anyone tempted by seeing a ballet, with a modern slant, then go see it. was awesome. in fact, wife's anniversary fella - get her a ticket to see it tomorrow - Bromley Churchill Theatre!

after you've sorted your garden, take her there in the evening!
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Sorry Da_9 !! must be my green eyes. London Orish the Pogues.Lots of songs about London in their albums. Only 1 or 2 rebelish. Saw them with Elvis in the mid 80z at The Claraden Club on St Pats Day. Was The Costelo Elvis not The King !

Da_9 know your a 60z man but have you got any Doctor FeelGood ? the Dogsbolloxx stuff that is.

To my lasting shame i had tickets to see the great Chuck Berry at The Town and Country Club but blew it out for some upper class birds party !She wasnt worth it.
  • Options
    Didn't score then, GH ....... not like Marcus more like Izzy, then?

;o)
  • Options
    Oggy fella-- where does it say i didnt score ? i said she wasnt worth it !

Marcus who ? i got invited to partys didnt have to pay like that celeb wannabe.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Oggy fella-- where does it say i didnt score ? i said she wasnt worth it !

Got me there, mate........ respect, another notch on the bedpost.
    ;o)

We'd best get back on topic quickly, before Sir AFKA sees this.

What music you listening too, mate?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Sorry Da_9 !! must be my green eyes. London Orish the Pogues.Lots of songs about London in their albums. Only 1 or 2 rebelish. Saw them with Elvis in the mid 80z at The Claraden Club on St Pats Day. Was The Costelo Elvis not The King !

Da_9 know your a 60z man but have you got any Doctor FeelGood ? the Dogsbolloxx stuff that is.

To my lasting shame i had tickets to see the great Chuck Berry at The Town and Country Club but blew it out for some upper class birds party !She wasnt worth it.

More 50's fella, the King, Rockabilly, Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent, you missed Chuck Berry...legend.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Vince Vincent and the Villains - Gospel Bomb. A mate got it for me 'cos he heard they were Rockabilly, which they ain't, but you can hear the influence. A bit like Morrissey but more cheerful...

I'm sure you'd like " A date with Elvis" by The Cramps....

Yes, I have got that Gump, but my favourite is their first album, "Songs the Lord Taught Us". Great stuff!
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: DA_9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Sorry Da_9 !! must be my green eyes. London Orish the Pogues.Lots of songs about London in their albums. Only 1 or 2 rebelish. Saw them with Elvis in the mid 80z at The Claraden Club on St Pats Day. Was The Costelo Elvis not The King !

More 50's fella, the King, Rockabilly, Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent, you missed Chuck Berry...legend.

Great Rockabilly compilation I can recommend DA9 - "Great Rockabilly - just about as good as it gets" released by a Dutch label called Smith & Co - SCCD 1125. I got it in HMV last year, I have a lot of the tracks on various other LPs and CDs, but it's brilliant having them all together on two CDs..
  • Options
    The latest Charlatans album, off to see them next week.
  • Options
    Foy Vance's brilliant album 'Hope', the first 8 tracks of which are up there with Lewis Taylor's Taylor's first for majesty. He's what Van Morrison would have been if he hadn't got so lazy and complacent.

Jamie Liddell's new one, "Jim". Not as electronic as the last one, but really soulful.

I have no idea why, but the new ABC album. Probably just because it's funny.

And Stevie Wonder doing the original "Sunny" cos I have to learn it for a gig, and found myself unforgiveably thinking "well it's good, but is it as good as Boney M's?".... quick self-administered slap followed.

Just a thought. Chris Powell told me a few years ago that he was an enthusiastic drummer. It's probably too late for a Reidy/Sir Chris/JVL power trio isn't it?
  • Options
    glenn medeiros and michael bolton
  • Options
    The Jam

Oasis
    Kasabian

Same old shit i listen to all teh time
  • Options
    I've been listening to the Cocteau Twins...
  • Options
    The Boss live concerts 2008. Cannot be beaten
  • Options
    Just got hold of Kasabians new album.It's a belter!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Barnshakers, Rockabilly band from Finland, awesome
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Oggy Red
    Was at the Fairies gig at the Black Prince too. Did you know that their roadie Dave 'Boss' Goodman was either the engineer or producer of the first Sex Pistols single (perhaps the one done for the record company, who promptly sacked 'em).
    There is a good case to be made that the Fairies were the fathers of Punk, at that Black Prince gig I distinctly remember Larry Wallis riffing loudly on his low e-string, pointing at what he was doing and yelling 'you too can play the guitar'. Echoes of here are three chords, now form a band. The Fairies were plenty rough round the edges, but I loved 'em, not least because the were gigging every weekend somewhere in London...those were the days.
    This week I have mainly been listening to Joe Bonamassa
  • Options
    This week, i have mostly been listening to......smug c*nts, telling me to enjoy Stockport away next season.

...and Battleships, by Baddies.
  • Options
    This week I have been mostly surfing youtube for random stuff, but in particular: -

"Ballad of a Thin Man" - Bob Dylan - because I think they're out to get me.
    "Like a Rolling Stone" live at Newcastle 1966 - a performance of stoned magnificence by his Bobness. Methamphetymine rocks (apparently)
    "We're gonna change the world" - Matt Monro - because the cack you resented your parents for liking, later in life evokes warm memories of said parents (albeit they're not dead yet!!)
  • Options
    Credence Clearwater Revival
  • Options
    Stuart Maconie's Freakzone - Post Punk Special on 6 Music

Still available on BBC iPlayer for a few more days - for those of you with fond memories of The Slits, The Raincoats, Young Marble Giants, Kleenex, PiL etc.
  • Options
    THis week i have been mostly listening too Kasabians West ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum, the more i listen to it the better it gets. Most awesomest album for so far, and that says something compared to the last 2 Kasabian albums, but what gets me is how different all 3 are. This latest is amazing tho, loving all the tunes on it, cant decide between about 5 of em which is my fave!! I will go for take aim just pipping Where has all the love gone, and underdog, all top top toons.

Well done Kasabian for making 3 top, but very different sounding albums.
  • Options
    This week I have mostly been listening to the amazing new Avett Brothers album called "I and Love and You". Actually thats been the last 3 weeks.
  • Options
    This week ( fri and sat ) I've been listening to rumblestrips as I went to see them fri night. Awesome.
  • Options
    the new nick cave novel on audio book

sunny border blue - kristen hersh

and Home - peter broderick