Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So The People Have Spoken

Comments

• Options
    I voted for Boris. There, I've said it. I'd simply had enough of Ken (despite the fact my wife works for TfL and her job was created by him).

Yeah, of course we're going to see some gaffes by Boris over the next 4 years, but I also think he'll be kept on a very tight leash by David Cameron. He HAS to be a success if the Tories want to have any chance of winning the next general election.
  • Options
    I obviously don't live in London now but I still look at whats happening from the outside. I have to say Boris may well be the best thing to happen to London in, oh I don't know, the last eight years. Ken Livingstone is a self centred egomaniac who is only interested in one thing, the sound of his own voice. How people ever voted for him the first time may just have been a mistake to vote him in a second time was down right stupidity.

I look forward to Boris making London a great city once again, by dealing with, from the outside, the main issue which is crime. I hope he adopts zero tolerance policing (bit like they did in Middlesbrough a few years back).

Feel free to have a pop at me as I don't live in London anymore.

Just one more thing I am glad to say Southampton have also now voted in a Conservative council. So I am looking at the same issue, crime, to be addressed.
  • Options
    i am so glad boris has got in, couldnt be doing with red ken for much longer
  • Options
    Sign him up. He's more ruthless than Thatcher (Ben, that is..)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iWIUp19bBoA
  • Options
    To appreciate Ken you really need have to have lived in London before 2000 especially in the early 1980s when transport and many services were appalling. The fact is abolishing the GLC was a disaster and Livingstone has rectified many of those mistakes.

So from what I can make out...

Boris will stop Fulham tractors from getting the £25 congestion charge
    End PC speech in the Metropolitan Police
    And get rid of bendy buses and bring back the Routemasters...

And what else? Affordable housing for key workers? Will he fight tube privatisation and get more money for that? Will he solve crime - Livingstone put thousands more police on the streets and that hardly kept crime in check, what can Boris do that Ken couldn't?

And what will we make of Livingstone's legacy? The congestion charge, the introduction of the Oystercard, the low emission zone, real measures that have improved the quality of life for the people who matter most - ordinary Londoners. But they were unpopular because strong medicine usually is, on most policies Johnson is going to do exactly what Livingstone did.

I'd love Boris to prove me wrong, but I suspect this will be a disaster...no amount of newly revamped Routemasters will make up for it (and where will get those from, anyway?).

London needs and should be run by someone who understands its diversity, has a genuine desire to improve the transport system, and is not afraid of introducing greener policies at the expense of big business (see Ken and Porsche), Boris is not the right person to be mayor of London.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Boris will:

*invite bombers in the middle of blowing Londoners to bits to have a chat.
    * Visit at our expence every mad Marxist on the planet.
    * Give millions and millions to any project(viable or a con) as long as they have an "ethnic title".
    * Acuse anyone who quieries this a "racist"
    * Spout racist rubbish to a jewish jurno and then defend it.
    * Defend his reverse racism as"positive discrimiantion"
    * Refuse to investigate possible fraud because his mate is involved.
    * Bring in paid for by the tax payers extremists and call them advisors
    * Say he will defend the Route master, then get rid of it.
    * Say he wont raise the conjestion charge and then raise it.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hold on though Boris cant do the above RedKenTheBombers friend has already done em.

The people have voted and its f**k off Ken.[/quote]

Jeez you're a tiresome cretin.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Boris will:

*invite bombers in the middle of blowing Londoners to bits to have a chat.
    * Visit at our expence every mad Marxist on the planet.
    * Give millions and millions to any project(viable or a con) as long as they have an "ethnic title".
    * Acuse anyone who quieries this a "racist"
    * Spout racist rubbish to a jewish jurno and then defend it.
    * Defend his reverse racism as"positive discrimiantion"
    * Refuse to investigate possible fraud because his mate is involved.
    * Bring in paid for by the tax payers extremists and call them advisors
    * Say he will defend the Route master, then get rid of it.
    * Say he wont raise the conjestion charge and then raise it.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hold on though Boris cant do the above RedKenTheBombers friend has already done em.

The people have voted and its f**k off Ken.

Jeez you're a tiresome cretin.

Someone disagrees with you and that makes them a cretin?

You don't even live in london.
  • Options
    You don't even live in london.

So I'm no longer allowed an opinion?
  • Options
    not on London no

GH will be ever so pleased at your comments. you're best off in the black forest now.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]not on London no

GH will be ever so pleased at your comments. you're best off in the black forest now.[/quote]

Why?

On edit, why should I care?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    personal insults BFR well there's a novelty.
  • Options
    All the concern from Kent and Surrey is sweet, especially now they've got a mayor for them.
  • Options
    i live in orpington although a kentish post code, under london borough of bromley,so isn't he our mayor as well?
  • Options
    BFR

I lived in London before 2000 and from my (admittedly crap) memory I never had a problem getting buses etc and just because somebody has a different point of view they are a "tiresome cretin". So much for free speech.
  • Options
    dont worry mate he insults everyone
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    rothko come on London just isn't about the west end and city. I live in carshalton which is 14 miles from the centre but it is still in a London borough - my vote counts as does people in the centre.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i live in orpington although a kentish post code, under london borough of bromley,so isn't he our mayor as well?

You would say you were from Kent, no?

Bromley, Bexley and Sutton were the deciding boroughs, areas were people really don't consider themselves from London, and would quite like to be out of London.

He's a Zone 6 mayor, which is fine, democracy has had its say, and the next 4 years will be interesting.
  • Options
    What you doing living over there move back closer immediately
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i live in orpington although a kentish post code, under london borough of bromley,so isn't he our mayor as well?

You would say you were from Kent, no?

Bromley, Bexley and Sutton were the deciding boroughs, areas were people really don't consider themselves from London, and would quite like to be out of London.

He's a Zone 6 mayor, which is fine, democracy has had its say, and the next 4 years will be interesting.

I live in the borough of sutton and resent that comment thanks - and think you'll find most people out this way think them selves as Londonders. certainly the people I know do.

As for ken wasn't he Brent hardly central is it.
  • Options
    When his policies affect me then yes my vote should count.I would rsther have a london post code and 0208 telephone number as i did when i lived in bexleyheath,because i am proud of London and would rather be a Londoner as it's the best city in the world.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Black Forest Red if your going to call some one that then have the gonads not to do it behind your keyboard.

Is any of the points i have said about RedKen untrue then ? If you disagree then by all means say so and refute it. Calling soeone a cretin is not only Pathetic its offensive. Please feel free to say hello when your next over.
  • Options
    Rothko you are so far left that when you sit in the northstand you may as well be sitting in Woolwich ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Black Forest Red if your going to call some one that then have the gonads not to do it behind your keyboard.

Is any of the points i have said about RedKen untrue then ? If you disagree then by all means say so and refute it. Calling soeone a cretin is not only Pathetic its offensive. Please feel free to say hello when your next over.

he would creep in at 3.10 pm and out at 4.40 pm
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Rothko you are so far left that when you sit in the northstand you may as well be sitting in Woolwich ;-)

I'm left wing compared to most here, but that's not hard! Even Gengis Khan would struggle! ;o) I'm pretty smack in the middle on politics, quite like Cameroon and a fair bit of what he's saying, can't stand Brown. But it doesn't mean that having a different view on how the city is run and represented is that bad
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    It will be a disaster with Boris. We now have a racist, homophobic, clown snob as mayor. It's embarrassing for London.

Well done the Evening Standard - the London paper for people who hate London.
  • Options
    so what was RedKen then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]It will be a disaster with Boris. We now have a racist, homophobic, clown snob as mayor. It's embarrassing for London.

Well done the Evening Standard - the London paper for people who hate London.

Vincenzo

Please provide all evidence that Boris is racist, homophobic and a snob. I look forward to all the links you can supply to back up your assertions.
  • Options
    And I quote...

"The tribal warriors will break out in watermelon smiles to see the big white chief touch down."
    "we in the Tory Party have become used to Papua New Guinea-style orgies of cannibalism and chief-killing,"
    "Right, let's go see some more piccaninnies."
    "It is said that the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth partly because it supplies her with regualr cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies."
    "We don't want our children being taught some rubbish about homosexual marriage"
    "Why did we draw so much attention to tricky subjects like homosexuality, aka the Pulpit Poofs issue."

Enjoy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]And I quote...

"The tribal warriors will break out in watermelon smiles to see the big white chief touch down."
    "we in the Tory Party have become used to Papua New Guinea-style orgies of cannibalism and chief-killing,"
    "Right, let's go see some more piccaninnies."
    "It is said that the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth partly because it supplies her with regualr cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies."
    "We don't want our children being taught some rubbish about homosexual marriage"
    "Why did we draw so much attention to tricky subjects like homosexuality, aka the Pulpit Poofs issue."

Enjoy

And your point is?
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Ken called a jurno who was jewish a "camp guard" he said it wasnt being racist, yet the jurno told him he was jewish and he repeated it !

His positive discrimination policies are not racist then ? Try asking for a grant for the knowledge if your "white british" or "jeweish".

One group who help fund his campagn actually still says there is no such place (and never will be) as Israel

As for Boris i would agree he is a bufoon, but he will be a figure head. Tory Central Office will run the show, which to be honest isnt really a great comfort !.