Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Very, Very Odd.

edited May 2008 in General Charlton
It is going to be a really strange atmosphere on Sunday, very odd. Home stands will be only 60% full at best.
Can't imagine any players names being cheered as they are read out. Coventry will start strong and any early muffs by us will be greeted with a chorus of massive disapproval.
I really see us conceding early and frequently, sort of us V West Ham last season in reverse.
People will start to leave earlier than usual, much to the amusement of the massive Coventry following.
If the players do walk round at the end it is going to be embarrassing to say the least.
I really expected this match to be our farewell to the Championship.

However, I could be wrong. Doubt it though.

Comments

• Options
    True im 75% not going, might stay in boozer.
  • Options
    That doesn't sound like your usual "Chirpy" self boss. Blimey, if that's how YOU feel then I spose it's no wonder that some on here have slashed their wrists!

Look on the bright side - at least we wont be getting beat next week, or the week after .......
    ;o)
  • Options
    Its gonna be a cracker and people are going to be leaving saying 'why didn't we play like that a month ago'

honest !
  • Options
    Your right Chirpy
  • Options
    To be honest the season cannot finish quickly enough now, but still gonna support the team from the start & really do hope they make a game of it. Looking forward to seeing Shelvey / Wagstaff not much else though.
  • Options
    If that's what people are expecting, then it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy........

PS: I've just heard the 'Red, Red Robin' will not be played on Sunday:

Linky: The team will run out to this instead

Lighten up folks, dress up in fancy dress, make it a party.
    It's a day out with friends, have fun!
  • Options
    Gotta love a bit of Chopin....lol
  • Options
    Thats why i said stay in the boozer.
  • Options
    So what they going to run out to

Funeral March?
  • Options
    I wasn't gonna go Sunday but after listening to some of the moaning I decided I would go and support
    Charlton Athletic Football Club.

Yes it's been a disappointing season but it's not the first and I'm sure it won't be the last.

But I support the Club through thick and thin (this season mostly thin) and will continue to do so.

COME ON YOU ADDICKS.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well said Soton.

Some people just take it all too seriously. Its a game of football that's all. Team might be little to shout about at the moment, but you can still have pride in your club.
  • Options
    My enthusisim for Charlton is at an all time low and I really can't be arsed with Sunday, I've got better things to do.

I'm hoping that the summer break with reignite the passion I had at the start of the season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]My enthusisim for Charlton is at an all time low and I really can't be arsed with Sunday, I've got better things to do.

I'm hoping that the summer break with reignite the passion I had at the start of the season.

Same here mate , can't be bothered
  • Options
    To be honest how many of us go to Charlton for the silky skills and amazing free flowing attacking football anyway? I'll always go to charlton but i'll freely admit i go more for the social aspect than the football. I've lost count of the amount of away games where a quality day out is ruined by the 2 hours between 3 and 5. Home games are becoming the same, except i spend less money.
  • Options
    Absolutely what Barn Door and Shag said.

Didnt bother with Southampton, might not bother Sunday.

Pardew is killing my love for Charlton.
  • Options
    Enjoy a beery day out with friends.

It'll be a lot more fun that way!
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    i'll be there, have a spare so will probably bring my son, he will get hyped up on a bottle of coke and spend the game kicking the chair of the guy sitting in front of us until he looks round. I will then give him a shoulder carry back to the car. He has definately got the football bug and asked for a Charlton kit for his birthday, but he has already worked out it is the going to the game and having a laugh that is the main thing, the game is secondary. So if we score look out for my sister and I doing his stupid waggle dance with him to celebrate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Its gonna be a cracker and people are going to be leaving saying 'why didn't we play like that a month ago'

honest !

And no doubt 'why didn't we that Jonjo in the team months ago he's better than Ambrose'
  • Options
    Well Ambrose won't be playing tomoz.

He's had an operation on his groin ......;..
  • Options
    so we've seen the last of him then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've tried to give up Charlton..................and not even for bad footballing reasons (I kid you not)

It doesn't work. It's in my blood, same as it was for our Dad & it still is for KB & his kids.

We'd have to start wearing blue & red stripes & be run by a satsuma before I EVER stop supporting & turning out for my passion that is CHARLTON ATHLETIC FOOTBALL CLUB.

C'mon you Reds................heads up!
  • Options
    exactly kblittlesis this club has got me by the short and curly's i absolutely love it to death
  • Options
    well said Soton - too much spuddy moaning on here.
    It was a disappointing season, they happen, let's move on together and hopefully cheer Pards and the team on to greater things next season. The disappointing times just make the good times sweeter :-)
  • Options
    I've opted to play cricket. Can't even give my ST away. If the cricket gets rained off I'll probably wander round Wickes for the afternoon.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I'm working - my choice too.

However come 1:30, might ask to leave early.
  • Options
    I'm going. I looking forward to seeing Shelvey play for the first time.

Win or lose we're on the booze!!
  • Options
    My daughter plays on Sundays, final game away at Ramsgate, social afterwards apparently.

I can't cut myself into two so family will win.
  • Options
    i'm gonna go and shed a little tear thinking only 2 years ago, last game of the season, i was at old trafford and we were getting stuffed 4-0 by man united (as opposed to 3-0 by barnsley last week!) and shedding a tear for the leaving legend alan curbishley, hoping that his departure wouldn't see our club fall backwards , well the rest is history................................
    the king is dead long live the king!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i'm gonna go

lucky it's been moved to a sunday eh, because i'm sure your cricket season starts today ;-)
  • Options
    Son had a game Sunday 12.30 KO. Asked him what he wanted to do, play for his team or go to Charlton. "Charlton" he said without a moments hestitation.

I will be there not because I want to see Shelvey and Wagstaff, not because I want to see off Peter Varney and welcome Steve Waggott with a deserved clap - although I want to do those things - but because I'm a Charlton fan and I go to see Charlton play and win when I can. It's what I do.