Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cory Gibbs a goner

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
Pretty obvious he's off I would say, probably can't do his wages, or he would have played already? Do I get points for stating the bleeding obvious?

Comments

• More likely there is no point playing a player who is likely to leave. Let someone who'll be athe club next season play.
  • kind of what i was saying..

:)
  • yeah but for fun we need to see him beofre he goes
  • I would like to see him get a game. He s played well for the reserves, and we could certainly do with a bit more quality at centre back.
  • he owes us a season to be honest. he should take a bloody pay cut as well.
  • Spot on Ledge. Paid in full for two seasons without kicking a ball in anger. It would really take the biscuit if he were to foxtrot oscar without doing something substantial to pay us back.
  • he wasn't at the player's sponsor evening tonight.

then again neither were randolph or elliot. and ambrose or mcleod due to injuries
  • [cite]Posted By: Harvey Gardens[/cite]Spot on Ledge. Paid in full for two seasons without kicking a ball in anger. It would really take the biscuit if he were to foxtrot oscar without doing something substantial to pay us back.
    I'm 99% certain you'll find the VAST majority of his wages have been paid by both CAFC's and the Amaerican FA's insurance policies.
  • [cite]Posted By: Harvey Gardens[/cite]Spot on Ledge. Paid in full for two seasons without kicking a ball in anger. It would really take the biscuit if he were to foxtrot oscar without doing something substantial to pay us back.

You are fogetting he is a footballer and therefore will not be bothered that he has had two years wages without paying anything back. Mind you it would be fun to see him do a lap of honour on sunday.

[cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]he wasn't at the player's sponsor evening tonight.

then again neither were randolph or elliot. and ambrose or mcleod due to injuries

What couldn't hold a knife and fork?

Who was on your table? Any gossip?
  • I hope you're right F-Blocker, but I thought insurance only kicked in if an injury ended a career.
  • Sponsored links:

• Different kinds of policies for different scenarios. Obviously your "standard" injuries (thigh strain that puts you out for a couple of weeks) aren't covered, but big things like Gibb's knee, Toddy's knee etc. will be covered.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]he owes us a season to be honest. he should take a bloody pay cut as well.

If he's good enough to be currently selected for the USA, ranked higher than England, then he should be good enough to play for us, if fit.

Maybe it's a question of can he get a better offer, because any new contract he's offered at Charlton won't match up to the old one about to expire.

And if he's got a wonky knee which could easily prematurely end his career, he might be anxious for the best contract he can get. Maybe you can't blame him for that.
  • He's in elite company of senior pro's who were with us for a long time & never played - Steve Barbe springs to mind - anyone else?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]He's in elite company of senior pro's who were with us for a long time & never played - Steve Barbe springs to mind - anyone else?[/quote]

Karim Bagheri.
  • Big Hairy, came on as a subsitute in the defeat to Ipswich
  • Dont know why they dont just get SSP like most of us and im sure these injries would not be half as bad and we would see them on a pitch a lot sooner if they got just £78.11 a week
  • Re sick pay etc, Amazing how Michael Owen's fitness and commitment perked up after Capello left him out
  • edited April 2008
    retracted statement - bed head
  • [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]Re sick pay etc, Amazing how Michael Owen's fitness and commitment perked up after Capello left him out

It also coincided with them signing benjarni, thirst time theyve had serious competition for places up front and he suddenly plays 17 straight games for the first time in 3 yrs, that and he's contract running out, amazing

Benjani at newcastle ???
  • Sponsored links:

• He joined Man City Scruffle not Newcastle i will get your coat
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]

Benjani at newcastle ???

Oh yeah - I'll retract my statement - this is stilll early for me!!
  • Phew, I mis-read the thread title. For a second I though Gibbs had been signed by Wenger.

Doh!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]He's in elite company of senior pro's who were with us for a long time & never played - Steve Barbe springs to mind - anyone else?[/quote]

Gary Rowett harldy touched a ball either
  • LOL yeah just an o short..

:)
  • Sorondo
  • Gary Poole.

Jesper Blomqvist.
  • Darren Ambrose
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Darren Ambrose

come on now thats a little harsh, he has swung he's leg at the odd ball, just never got it over the first man b4