Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
Been talking about it over the road for a little while now, so what does everyone think......bring Bowyer back....yes or no?

Comments

• Options
    No. Good player, but a liability.
  • Options
    yes perfect
  • Options
    Shelvey will be the new Bowyer.
  • Options
    No think of the kids he would be a poor example there are muche better tough tackling midfielders in the world pol of players that we are looking in better than Bowyer, 2 or 3 years ago yes now no
  • Options
    I know a lot of people don't like him as a person - but yes, if he's still fit enough to do the box to box stuff in centre mid.
    He's got a decent touch and good vision. Might even make a decent skipper. Perfect.

How's he been playing for yer actual 'Ammers - anybody know?
  • Options
    I don't think so. Injury prone and not the player he was.

that's before we even think about "baggage".....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]No think of the kids he would be a poor example there are muche better tough tackling midfielders in the world pol of players that we are looking in better than Bowyer, 2 or 3 years ago yes now no

Fair enough, NLA ...... but we're talking Champs not Prem.
  • Options
    A leader on the pitch who will mix it up as well score goals as well
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    The local McDonalds manager, he say no.
  • Options
    I agree oggs but even in the players we could attract i dont think he is what we need i always liked him never booed him even when him and Parker were at it that game but i think we need to get rid of baggage and he would just bring more
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jesus we have all made mistakes in life so more than others give the bloke a break and look at his footballing talents he was a nineteen year old kid when he done that I was doing alot worse at his age but I was still fcen a chance
  • Options
    Bottom line, peeps ..... how's Bowyer being playing for Curbs?

Solid season, doing all the right things even if he's losing a bit of pace?
    Referee trouble, any moans from Curbs?

Maybe, at last he's grown up.
  • Options
    WIWLB this aint about chances this is about players that we need IMO we dont need Bowyer a couple of years back yes we did but i would rather we paid the bucks on a goal scorer

Bowyers wages would be high and i dont think he would be an influence that you want to bring Shelvey and co to come through with they have the talent you need a calming cool head to help them through
  • Options
    Calming cool head, NLA .....like Matty Holland, you mean......?

Perfect example - except not tough enough.

No, we need a guy in midfield who's got that tough streak. No more Mr Nice Guy.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    No, no and then again no. I've emailed Mr Murray on this one before when it was strongly rumoured and would do so again if it came to it. Sometimes we do need to have moral standards.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I think Shelvey could have that oggs he is big and strong for 16 not afraid to put it about reminds me of Bowyer now if you had that with Matty alongside him who knows.

Shelvey is quality make no bones about it i reckon he will be our centre mid next year with ? beside him i dont know i just dont think it should be bowyer

and i want to make it claer i rate Bow and like him i have never thought bad of him regardless of what he done but we are in the 2nd division and Shelvey needs to learn i dont know if we can have 2 players that play the same game in midfield i also want him to learn the Charlton way from people like Matty if Kins had been with us when Bowyer was there it would have been great maybe matty could do the same to Shelvey i dont know
  • Options
    NLA we don't need a goal scorer we have them in Varney and Gray we need someone to create chances and supply the amo for the forwards we could have had tevez and Rooney up front this season they still wouldn't have scored defenders defend midfielders create forwards score from the chances created by the midfielders pretty basic really .its not hard to see why west brom have scored so many this season Gera Brunt and Greening in midfield
  • Options
    Ello lads....new on here. Charlton fan all my life and just moved back to London having been in the Wilderness that is Aus. Hoping that now I'm back the boys start doing the busness on the pitch and the club gets back to where it belongs. Ie Premiership.

I agree with what Weegie Addick...no bad feeling toward the guy but we can't take him back. I agree we need more metal and passion in the middle of the park but there has to be other options. Besides which I'm not sure the lad would want to come back to us.....I always felt he thought he was better than us....which of course is wrong.
  • Options
    Shelvey can provide the telling pass as could Bowyer but you dont want to bed shelvey in the prem he wouldnt learn i think he is a talent and ready for it he plays the same position as Bowyer and i feel it is the perfect time to bed him in,

Varney i think we should play wide and get him to cut in and cross balls to a big striker we havent seen enough of Gray but he needs more of a chance as he joined us and things wernt working big Chris is not prem class but did his best this year from only 7 starts i think WSS said after the POTY do. i think we need a poacher and we have one in dickson but i feel we need another.

play Varney instead of Thomas

we should try it at Barnsley and definatly at home to cov

Elliot

Gibbs
    Boogy
    Mcarthey
    Youga

Wagstaff
    Shelvey
    Holland
    Varney

Gray
    Dicko

if all of those are fit lets have a good look with the carrot of the positions that you play are up for grabs go and make me play you instead of buying to replace you

Bench

Randolph,Basey,Monterio,Big Chris,ZZ
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]Ello lads....new on here. Charlton fan all my life and just moved back to London having been in the Wilderness that is Aus. Hoping that now I'm back the boys start doing the busness on the pitch and the club gets back to where it belongs. Ie Premiership.

I agree with what Weegie Addick...no bad feeling toward the guy but we can't take him back. I agree we need more metal and passion in the middle of the park but there has to be other options. Besides which I'm not sure the lad would want to come back to us.....I always felt he thought he was better than us....which of course is wrong.
    Welcome fella you will enjoy it on here
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2008
    Cheers.....I've only been back a few weeks and am enjoying imersing myself back into all that is Charlton! Her in doors is none too pleased.

(Looks over shoulder to check she can't see)

By the way....how do you do the Posted by: tingem? Not exactly the best at the old WWW. stuff.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]Cheers.....I've only been back a few weeks and am enjoying imersing myself back into all that is Charlton! Her in doors is none too pleased.

By the way....how do you do the Posted by: tingem? Not exactly the best at the old WWW. stuff.

Press the BB Code button under where it says enter your comments and then click on quote.

post underneath the last quote in square brackets you can see.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]

Press the BB Code button under where it says enter your comments.

Think I've got it. Ta
  • Options
    Well nearly! :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Youga

will not be at Barnsley (hamstring) according to his online diary thing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]Cheers.....I've only been back a few weeks and am enjoying imersing myself back into all that is Charlton! Her in doors is none too pleased.

Press the BB Code button under where it says enter your comments and then click on quote.

post underneath the last quote in square brackets you can see.

Test
  • Options
    NLA.....if peeps think that Shelvey is strong enough and ready at only just 16, then let's give him his chance.
    I'm all for it. But it's still a big ask at Champs level - a boy against men, some of them tough bruisers who take no prisoners.

Shelvey has come through the ranks. But despite what people think of him, so too has Bowyer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]No, no and then again no. I've emailed Mr Murray on this one before when it was strongly rumoured and would do so again if it came to it. Sometimes we do need to have moral standards.

What a MOPE you are....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]No, no and then again no. I've emailed Mr Murray on this one before when it was strongly rumoured and would do so again if it came to it. Sometimes we do need to have moral standards.

he's a pussycat compared to Lita !!
  • Options
    I think we are expecting too much of Shevley. He's just turned 16 and never played a game but some are building a team around him.

I think he looked great in the youth cup but let's see how he does in a men's game first.