Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New kit and sponsor

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
Just wondered when the new kits are being unveiled.
Does Mr Irving know anything?
Also, any news on who the new sponsor is?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Just wondered when the new kits are being unveiled.

No he doesn't, sorry and even if he did if he told you he'd have to kill you. : - )
  • Options
    Damn.....ok

Is it still Joma though?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Damn.....ok

Is it still Joma though?

As far as I can remember there is one more year on that deal but may be wrong.
  • Options
    Think I can help with this one. Spanish sportswear brand Joma extended its partnership with Charlton Athletic.

The deal was originally signed in 2003 and now runs until 2010. It means Joma will continue to supply Charlton Athletic with home and away kits, training and leisure wear, plus a full range of Joma footwear.

Director of Joma UK, John Woodfield, commented: “We are delighted to announce that Joma will continue to be the Charlton Athletic’s Official Kit Supplier for a further four years. Joma has formed a strong relationship with Charlton over the past three seasons and we look forward to working together until 2010.”

Hope this clears this one up.

Any ideas on a new sponsor though now that Llanera are bust? Being in the fizzy pop league for another year will we get another sponsor on the back of the shirts as well?
  • Options
    so bascially this is the last home and away kit we have, thats if they last the full 2 seasons, that are made by joma.

as for the sponsors on the back of shirts i think its optional
  • Options
    Yup...basically Joma are making a new home and away kit for us to last 2 seasons (2008/09 season and 2009/2010 season). After that it's anyones guess who'll take it on.
  • Options
    NSS has got the new contract we should be in the confrence by then :-)
  • Options
    NSS?

Sorry!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    NSS is northstand steve you will get to feel suicidal after his comments bud his business is around making footie kits he made the ones for tooting (hope iam right here NSS)
  • Options
    Cool...thanks for that. Give me a few weeks and I'll be up to speed with things. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2008
    no probs a few weeks of oggy and you will believe we will win the champions league a few weeks of others, NSS included and you will want to go back to aus and forget about footie sorry steve :-)

r you going to start going sideways freebie season ticket if we get promoted
  • Options
    The job I've got means I have to work every other w/end.....need to sort that out before next season! :-) Used to have a season ticket about 10 years ago so would like to job permitting. I've really missed it.

Have already registered for a Red card so if I can't get the season ticket I'll just have to buy on a game by game basis for when I'm not working. Reckon with my shifts I should be able to do about 12 home games and 3/4 away games.
  • Options
    good man be prepred we r really quite poor
  • Options
    One of the people i know at the Valley said the new kit is nice, red with a white stripe and the away kit is white. What i didn't believe was that she said it would be in the shop on time, which will be a true miracle.
  • Options
    Will it be out before summer i.e July.
  • Options
    Sideways dont listen to NLA i tell it how it is mate and mostly this season it's been shite
  • Options
    I hope they (Joma) put the badge and the JOMA logo left and right - rather than above one another.
    That 'style' started a few years back and I've never liked it.

I always thought the club badge should be over your heart - but I am a sentimental old fool!!

And I'd like a plain red kit in the main, with less of the stripes, slashes, twirls....blah,blah,blah

Remember the season when the club gave us a selection of designs and it was done by a vote? Thought that was a good idea.
  • Options
    she said probably late July.
  • Options
    I ve seen it

Home kit has the club badge in the centre due to fans demands the normal red
    The numebring will be from 1to 12
    Name of Gibbs on all shirts

Finished of with a nice sequin trim

Away

is a nice green with Purple spots
  • Options
    Have you touted for the contract Steve i reckon youd get it if we dont go up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any truth in the rumour that the new sponsor is the international comedy duo

Novak 'n' Goode

???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Have you touted for the contract Steve i reckon youd get it if we dont go up

we did many moons ago when chris tugwell ran the club shop,in fact they contacted us,however they wanted us to pay them up front a figure,approx £40k and then anything sold after that was our profit.In them days we were playing at upton park in front of 4k fans,we did our market research and was told by high street retailers locally that they sold more Millwall shirts than Charlton.It was too much of a gamble for a company our size.
  • Options
    How much would that be now to get jeez youd have to have a serious turn over to go for it again i reckon
  • Options
    in them days as well (again we did our research) Charlton didn't have the best reputation for paying bills on time which was understandable given the circumstances.
  • Options
    My Dad who works at the club said they had 4 sponsors lined up.
    1 was only interested if we went up to Premiership
    2 were only interested if we stayed in Championship
    1 who were interested in whatever division but obviously as different rates.

No news on who they were though.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Just wondered when the new kits are being unveiled.

No he doesn't, sorry and even if he did if he told you he'd have to kill you. : - )

and he'll tell his friends FIRST
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    That's why you don't know ; -)
  • Options
    I'm still going with a Chinese sponsor.
  • Options
    Chinese makes a lot of sense all the while we have ZZ
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Chinese makes a lot of sense all the while we have ZZ

Chinese never makes sense to me...