Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

is Jonjo starting

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
saturday. Just spoke to my friend who knows the family and they all making the trip up they been told he is playing. They reckon starting - id' be surprised if he is hope he does cos I am going to have a few quid on him scoring in the 90 minutes.

Comments

• Options
    would love to see some youngsters out there saturday
  • Options
    hope so, don't play ANY loan players (unless we're actually signing them) and give some of the kids a chance..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]hope so, don't play ANY loan players (unless we're actually signing them) and give some of the kids a chance..

I think there's only Halford left isn't there? Lita's gone back, Cooks gone back to Fulham and had a meeting with the QPR chairman on Saturday after the game about going there and Sodje's injured.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
  • Options
    As well as Shelvey get Youga and Basey back in the team and put Varney & Gray up front. No place for Thomas.
  • Options
    agree with that except Thomas would get in my side every time.
  • Options
    what has Thomas done this season other than massively disappoint?
    Showboater who rarely gets a cross in.
  • Options
    has been either injured/dropped/not played far to often, granted, and yes he has disappointed, but who hasn't !!......nobody actually knows the reasons behind this, they just assume he has a chip on his shoulder, can't be arsed etc....

but when he plays he looks more dangerous than any other winger we have, has the ability to go past people like they ain't there, he first touch is better than anyone else's by a mile and he knows how to win a free kick in dangerous areas (just a shame we ain't got no one who can deliver one !)

Just my opinion though.....and probably not that of most others on here.
  • Options
    I thought Pards disciplining him through the media was a big mistake, as was dropping people for new buys/loans the day they arrive - not good man managment in my view. If you want to get people to play well for you humiliation is not the answer.
  • Options
    Does anyone else get the feeling we're going to revamp the side, put some kids in, play well, win the last 2 games, then we'll all be saying, if only he'd put the kids in sooner!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now we are out of play-off contention, I expect we'll win both no matter what team is put out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Does anyone else get the feeling we're going to revamp the side, put some kids in, play well, win the last 2 games, then we'll all be saying, if only he'd put the kids in sooner!

of course, if only so GolfAddick can say 'I told you so' !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]has been either injured/dropped/not played far to often, granted, and yes he has disappointed, but who hasn't !!......nobody actually knows the reasons behind this, they just assume he has a chip on his shoulder, can't be arsed etc....

but when he plays he looks more dangerous than any other winger we have, has the ability to go past people like they ain't there, he first touch is better than anyone else's by a mile and he knows how to win a free kick in dangerous areas (just a shame we ain't got no one who can deliver one !)

It's a good opinion, though Elts. In a couple of recent matches when Thomas has stepped up to the plate, he's looked the business - and by far our most threatening player.

If he can do it for TV matches when he knows he's in the shop window, then it's a sad indictment of his attitude that he appears to frequently not be arsed in other matches. God, he's got so much talent you want to shake him. Grrrr!

He's got 1 year on his contract and has already made known that he intends to play in the Prem next year, with or without us. So he's off, then - therefore no point playing him on Saturday. Let Waggy have his chance.
  • Options
    he looked the business granted but couldn't finish his dinner - we should be seeing at least 10 goals a season from him but he has to show that from the off.

I'd keep him I agree but he's got to pull his bloody finger out.
  • Options
    we said that a year ago
  • Options
    very true
  • Options
    Wagstaff could be the key next season there is alot thought of him at the club he is as good as Thomas already in my opinion well they have scored the same amount of 1st team goals anyway
  • Options
    I think he could be starting in this interview:

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32325&newstype=x

he says:

"If I do play at the weekend, I imagine Matty will be talking to me all the way through, which will be a big help.”

Which is a hint that he will play alongside Matty.
  • Options
    He is starting. He was told yesterday.
    A new dawn!
  • Options
    To the tune of "The lion sleeps tonight"

We have Jonjo
    The mighty jonjo
    The jooonnnnnjo shelvey
    A wim boo way a wim boo way
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Wagstaff could be the key next season there is alot thought of him at the club he is as good as Thomas already in my opinion well they have scored the same amount of 1st team goals anyway

Waggy was voted 'Young Player of the Year'. remember.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]He is starting. He was told yesterday.
    A new dawn!

brilliant news to me
  • Options
    You'll be there, won't you Isaw?......Barnsley is just down the road from Sheffield. ;o)

I'd love to see both JonJo & Waggy start.
    Away from home, too - where they can afford to make a mistake or two without the crowd getting on their backs.
  • Options
    I am indeed going Oggy, along with CPM who you may remember as being responsible for our post-Plymouth state of being!

I too would love to see both in there and some of the likes of Monteiro, Gibbs, A.Thomas, Yussuff, etc. in the squad

We need to see what these boys are made of
  • Options
    Tell Colin Powells Mower that I say hello.......I'm still hungover from all those Sambucca shots in Walkabouts, Plymouth. Great day!

Agree with you that's it's time to blood a couple of kids, ISaw - but too little experience and too many changes could see the team swept aside. Might be good to see the legendary Gibbs in a Charlton shirt, though!

Cory Gibbs - Charlton legend without kicking a ball ....... !

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]has been either injured/dropped/not played far to often, granted, and yes he has disappointed, but who hasn't !!......nobody actually knows the reasons behind this, they just assume he has a chip on his shoulder, can't be arsed etc....

It's a good opinion, though Elts. In a couple of recent matches when Thomas has stepped up to the plate, he's looked the business - and by far our most threatening player.

If he can do it for TV matches when he knows he's in the shop window, then it's a sad indictment of his attitude that he appears to frequently not be arsed in other matches. God, he's got so much talent you want to shake him. Grrrr!

He's got 1 year on his contract and has already made known that he intends to play in the Prem next year, with or without us. So he's off, then - therefore no point playing him on Saturday. Let Waggy have his chance.

From what little I've seen of Thomas this year I'd agree with Oggy.

Regarding his intention to play in The Premier League, I'd say he'd be lucky to find a club. maybe one of the promoted tems but apart from that I struggle to think of a club who'd want him.
  • Options
    Other notable young Charlton debutants were Mark Penfold, who was 16 years and 258 days old when he played against York City at home on August 25th, 1973, while Scott Parker made his senior Addicks bow aged 16 years and 314 days when he featured against Bury on August 23rd, 1997. Paul Walsh was 16 years and 356 days when he played against Shrewsbury Town on September 22nd, 1979 .breaking the previous record set by Paul Konchesky when the left-back,

He would be be very good company and if those others are to go by will have a great career
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite] I struggle to think of a club who'd want him.

China White's Jim?
  • Options
    or annabels

Anyway can't get a bllody price from paddy power for shelvey in 90 minutes so going down local bookies.
  • Options
    JonJo did well today by all accounts.

Lasted 90 mins, running well with the ball, taking corners & free kicks, and a couple of shots on goal - including one hacked off the line.

That close to a debut goal.....!

Not bad for 16 years 59 days. Well done JonJo ........you put others to shame.