Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Free Season Tickets - Again (if the two year plan works of course)+++

so there we go freebies again for next year if we go up now i have to renew and knock the freebies on to others bah humbug

well done Mr Chappell an ounce of sense prevails again

CAFC Website

Comments

• Options
    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/news/display.var.2216601.0.addicks_extend_season_ticket_deal.php
  • Options
    very quiet on this... thought people would have something to say.
  • Options
    Good idea.

Still think they'll be a drop but not as much as without the offer.
  • Options
    beat you to it News shopper gis a job go on gis a job i could do that
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Well my ones in the East have gone up so I'm going to let them lapse and then check on availability in other parts of the ground.

Depending on what is available, I'll get season tickets somewhere different or go on an individual match basis and pick my games.

I can well imagine that the second option will result in my watching a lot less games! But I have become a bit bored of football in general anyway so maybe it will be good not to devote as much time to it as I have done for a long, long time.
  • Options
    I can't work out if the ones in the north have gone up or not.I will renew but not before the 31st of May i can't see a large queue of people after my seat.
  • Options
    well done the club....£290 ain't to be sniffed at !!!, £12.60 @ game.....bargin
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]beat you to it News shopper gis a job go on gis a job i could do that

Haha yeah it is a fair cop mate - you beat me to it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]I can't work out if the ones in the north have gone up or not.I will renew but not before the 31st of May i can't see a large queue of people after my seat.

£340... I can't remember paying that much last season. Thought it was more around the £300 mark?
  • Options
    Well done to them for doing it, but still not likely to sway me this time, I'm afraid - just doesn't make sense when I don't get to all the matches and can buy match to match or splash out on hospitality instead. Will be delighted to be the one paying over the odds next year if we do go up!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    no you didnt. Its gone up. But the maximum increase is 25 quid so must have been 315 or thereabouts? i knew it was over 300.
  • Options
    Lower north seats have been reduced and upper north have been increased. Only works out an extra £1 a game on this season though.
  • Options
    As somebody who has to watch the pennies and thus struggles to justify expenditure on our season tickets I'm pleased.

The commercial reality is that the Board have come up trumps.

I just hope history doesn't repeat itself re fans' negativity when we're 15th in the table!!
  • Options
    Fairly bloomin' miserable that my seat has gone up but of course I'll renew....
  • Options
    they expect me to pay a increase of a £1 a match fecken liberty,for that i want to pick the team ;-)
  • Options
    edited April 2008
  • Options
    The Offer was a 'No Brainer' really CAFC have nothing to lose by re-offering it & everything to gain by encouraging people to renew who would have definately not if it was not re-offered. The Club proves once again that the people who run it are in touch with the fans & do know what they are doing. Well Off the Pitch at least :-)
  • Options
    I'll be very surprised if we don't sell at least 15,000 season tickets based on the prices and the offer.

In the cold light of day and a few weeks after the season has finished, everyone starts looking forward to the next one..however pissed off they might be now
  • Options
    i think it will be offered every year.
  • Options
    NSS if you pick the team gis a game as News Shopper wont give me his job. I promise i will be better than Rommerdahl
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i would love the job but WSS has got his eye on it together with any other managerial position within the club.
  • Options
    Stop aggravating me!!
  • Options
    read the sink thread
  • Options
    he sounds really busy and assertive do you think Smudge has had a brain stormer about effective web mgmt
  • Options
    dont hijack it he will do his conkers
  • Options
    So single match tickets will be going up a minimum of £5 and possibly £10 for games that are deemed by the club to be more "attractive". Well that's made my mind up. I will be going to a lot less games next season.
  • Options
    nice of the club to do this.....obviously its just a way to keep the fans here. at least i'm not paying any more than last season
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]So single match tickets will be going up a minimum of £5 and possibly £10 for games that are deemed by the club to be more "attractive". Well that's made my mind up. I will be going to a lot less games next season.

Only true in the most expensive season-ticket blocks. Next season people buying match tickets will be able to choose from a range of prices depending where they prefer to sit.
  • Options
    Our fans have been tremendous this season, which is reflected in the fact that we have recorded the highest attendances in the club's history outside the top division,” said Chappell

In numbers yeah.

Oh bugger this has given me a right dliemna now.

Bastards
  • Options
    interesting that match day prices will be dearer to deter fans from not renewing I suppose