Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Manager

13»

Comments

• Options
    I'm not up for changing the manager, just as i'm not up for changing the squad. Hunt was a great player and it took him a while before his prolific season. Paddy has come on strong. The same thing happened with diawara last season. I think Gray will surprise a few people next season. If dickson can get back to fitness, they'll be a real handful. I would like us to get Hoolihan in from Blackpool, he is the ball winner weve been missing.
  • Options
    the reason they weren't chopped and changed is cos they were in their natural positions, and the balance of the side/squad was good
  • Options
    I've seen a couple of comments about Paul Ince. Although obviously successful, even if interested, he would clearly be a short-term hire. After success at Macclesfield, he decided that he had taken the club as far as it could go, and isn't exactly shy about casting his eye towards bigger clubs than MK Dons (not unfairly, mind). Given that I've just heard an interview with him in which he said that he is looking to move back to Italy to manager in five years or so, if he were to be considered, I think that the club would need to see him as the ambitious young manager that he is...
  • Options
    Oddly enough Robinson was a right footed player yet spent the season on the left, speaks volumes for the character he was.
  • Options
    a successful conversion...

;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Woody[/cite]I overheard people talking about Steve McLaren on in the East Stand on Saturday.

They seemed to think that he'd been spotted at the Valley and was being lined up as a replacement.

Oh my god please NO.
  • Options
    I know Pardew is in charge but Phil Parkinson has managerial experience, surely he must be having some input into the team, i.e signing of Halford due to Colchester days.
  • Options
    One manager is better than two. That could be the problem
  • Options
    Perhaps some fans are getting fed up with Pardew because of his frequent digs at the home support over the last couple of months.For many weeks they gave the team wholehearted support and got very little back in performance from the team, so how can he expect the fans not to feel like venting their frustrations toward the end of the season. I do not boo because I agree that it can not help the team during the game, but do understand those that do. Especialy if they have only seen the home games, at least I have seen the away games against Plymouth, Southampton, Weat Brom etc when the team did show some spirit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: somerton[/cite]Perhaps some fans are getting fed up with Pardew because of his frequent digs at the home support over the last couple of months.

They are not frequent, it has happened twice i think. And they are soundbytes that the nervy atmosphere does not help, not contrived attacks. All those that blame Pardew for spin are equally guilty themselves.

Of course its not the reason we have been doing bad, no fool would suggest that. But there is absolutely no doubting that the atmosphere this season, bar the Palace and Stoke games has been dire. We are very much a crowd that will respond to good results, but if it hasn't already happened, we are arguably the most silent in the league. And when that silence turns to mid-game boos, its not the most conducive environment, is it ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You're bang on there, our support has been awful.
    It makes the players nervy and makes disappointing results more likely - and then it all feeds off itself in a downward spiral leading to the booing that now goes on every game.

Out of the board, the management, tha players & the fans I would have to say that imho we the fans have probably been the biggest factor for our disappointing results this season. We had unrealistic expectations and when things wavered from them our support wavered too.
  • Options
    why not give the job to that feckin fish as everyone loves it so much!!!
  • Options
    that is so boring now!
    at least it stops people from booing for a minute.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Perhaps the guy at Swansea

Martinez has done an excellent job this season.

But i am always a bit cagey of when someone does well at the club they have just finished as a player. He knows the club inside out, already would of had a strong coaching team behind him, and has first hand knowledge from the off of every players capability etc.

To see whether a manager has real potential, i personally would not judge fully until they move clubs and repeat similar success elsewhere.
  • Options
    to be fair Pardew's had to rebuild a bloody squad from nothing as well CONSIDERING the cack dowie left him..,,,

Bougerra Fortune Thatcher Youga Sankofa Sam Holland Ambose ZZ Dickson were all with us last year - five of those figured on Saturday
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]to be fair Pardew's had to rebuild a bloody squad from nothing as well CONSIDERING the cack dowie left him

And what people tend to forget the cack Curbs' left Dowie which I think is more to the point. A couple of Dowies signings weren't great but he had nothing to work with in the first place IMO
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]You're bang on there, our support has been awful.[/quote]

Mind you, I reckon the support will be loads better next year once all the hangers-on/newbies don't renew their STs!

You never used to get that kind of booing in the old days. We may only get around 15-20,000 next season but there'll be a much better, positive atmosphere. Mark my words.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Woody[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]You're bang on there, our support has been awful.

Mind you, I reckon the support will be loads better next year once all the hangers-on/newbies don't renew their STs!

You never used to get that kind of booing in the old days. We may only get around 15-20,000 next season but there'll be a much better, positive atmosphere. Mark my words.

I dearly hope you are right Woody.

I have to say though that there are guys near me who boo who have obviously been going a long time so you may be a trifle optimistic!
  • Options
    Get Paul Ince in!
  • Options
    If we are in a similiar position with Pardew at the helm and the same home results the booing will be just as bad if not worse. It may even sound worse with a smaller crowd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I seem to remember Alex Ferguson being a game away from the boot. Too many people have no patience.
  • Options
    APRAWA
  • Options
    Think Pards deserves longer.Although i am grateful to curbs, i still think we are suffering from a lot of negativity that he bought us towards the end of his time here.The club needs a shake up from top to bottom imo.
  • Options
    The last thing this club needs is ANOTHER change of manager, it would be a massive backward step.

After 15 years of Curbs we would have had FIVE managers (Curbs, Dowie, Reed, Pardew and the new guy) in just TWO SEASONS - where is the sense in that?

I have been bitterly disappointed with the tail-end of this season and have stopped posting on here for the last month or so because of the negativity (some of which is fair comment but much of which is knee-jerk nonsense) which drives me up the wall.

Pardew deserves at least next season to put things right, there is no sense in changing managers again and having a new guy come in and start changing a squad that is still bedding down anyway, it would put us further into a financial and quality black hole.

No, we have got to soldier on with Pardew and hope that he can start putting a side together next season that can really challenge for a PO spot at the very least.

I think we have the bones of a side but, it has to be said, that the loans brought in for the final third of the season have really clouded the issued because now we don't really know enough about several key players especially Varney, Mouataokil and maybe even Sam.

The DEFINITES for starting berths next year would probably be: Weaver, McCarthy, Bougherra, Zheng and Gray and that is very worrying.

Is Mouataokil good enough? We don't know. Will Thatcher stay or do we go with Youga? Sodje might stay depending on the fee but Fortune should probably be moved on.

Midfield is the biggest problem, Holland has been great but I think its time to move on. Ambrose has had his moments but does not dictate a game, he tends to score key goals but then not really affect the flow of a game. Thomas, time to go. ZZ has been good, deserves to stay as does Semedo who looks very useful for a rookie. Sam will stay but needs to do better.

Clearly, as we have since Parker left, we need a midfield general and I just don't know where we can find one.

Up front, Gray must be given more time, whilst we must accept Iwelumo's limitations and live with them. In addition, what do we make of Varney? Is he really going to be consistently good enough? Does he have the quality? McLeod and Dickson cannot be seriously judged at this stage.

Some big changes are on the way in the summer for both financial and playing reasons, we have to trust Pards that he gets it right this time.