Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Manager

Comments

• Options
    There's usually nothing to be gained by keep chopping managers, but if we start next season like we've finished this then some tough decisions will need to be made. I see no evidence whatsoever that Pardew has any strategy on who to build a team around or even how he wants to play. It's just a scattergun approach and it's getting us nowhere.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]dont forget his most famous achievment as a player.........scoring the winning foal for Palace in the FA Cup semi final at Villa Park againest Liverpool, where is the mans heart

Rolls eye.

And Curbs heart was at Upton Park.
  • Options
    This is effing barking. New manager will bring in new players who will in turn need time to gel , EVERY manager who goes to a new club will say exactly that and then we will be back to square one.

MADNESS.

Paul Ince or Mark Kinsella for me anyway.

As if Martinez will come to us - they been promoted have as good as, if not better, stadium SUPPORT of the fans. Something none of you lot can guarantee he'll get if we don't win first 10 games on the bounce. Same goes for the Ince and anyone that comes. I despair.

Bloke behind me saturday boo'd after 5 minutes and then for 85 said over and over again this team don't want to win they don't want go up Pardew's deliberately not winning ... is this what our support has turned into.
  • Options
    I don't think a season and a half is chopping and changing managers by todays standards - particularly when they've underperformed to this degree. He's had plenty of time and money at this level to get the right players in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Would you give Curbs another 5/6 years to get out of the league like his first time then?

Don't forget we were building a team AND a ground then! Therefore we are not really comparing like with like.

Pardew has had more money than most of the teams in our division and arguably wasted it.

As I've said elsewhere more than once I'm still a "Pards in" man but when you consider the criticism Curbs got for finishing mid table in the Premiership with comparitively slender resources compared to others in the division, then it is not unreasonable to criticise mid table championship with plenty of resources! In my opinion of course!
  • Options
    maybe KenTred I don't think anyone can really say why but I don't think it can help players when they know one little mistake then the crowd are on there back. It must subconsciously make the lads play the simple ball for fear of getting it wrong and the crowd get straight on there backs.
  • Options
    [Rolls eye.

And Curbs heart was at Upton Park.[/quote]

Curbs built this club from nothing to something, rolling eyes?? Is that all women do when they dont agree with a statement
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

Don't forget we were building a team AND a ground then! Therefore we are not really comparing like with like.

Exactly Len.
    We are not comparing like with like. Football has changed so much in the last 10 years.
    What we achieved before will not happen again - to us.
  • Options
    to be fair Pardew's had to rebuild a bloody squad from nothing as well CONSIDERING the cack dowie left him..,,,

Don't get me wrong I am not happy with Pardew far from it but what out there is better seriously that we could get.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite][Rolls eye.

And Curbs heart was at Upton Park.
    Curbs built this club from nothing to something, rolling eyes?? Is that all women do when they dont agree with a statement

And how many years was Curbs allowed to acheive this? Did we storm the league in 1992? As we have said - we can't comapre like for like. But whats saying in the next 5/6 years - if Pardew was given time, we were playing in a 40,000 seater stadium and in Europe?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It is probably still too soon for Curbs to come home.

Just to let you, and Ooooahhh know, Curbs "Came Home" Dec 2007. He went back to Upton Park. That is his home and the sooner you two realise that the better.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    why are we even talking about curbs anymore, he was our manager he did a Very good job and i will always be grateful to him for the loyal service he gave us but he is not are manager anymore nor is he likely to be again. he is just another manager now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]why are we even talking about curbs anymore, he was our manager he did a Very good job and i will always be grateful to him for the loyal service he gave us but he is not are manager anymore nor is he likely to be again. he is just another manager now.

And not a very good one!
    How much money has he spent in the last 14 months? On wages and fees? LOADS!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]why are we even talking about curbs anymore, he was our manager he did a Very good job and i will always be grateful to him for the loyal service he gave us but he is not are manager anymore nor is he likely to be again. he is just another manager now.

And not a very good one!
    How much money has he spent in the last 14 months? On wages and fees? LOADS!!!

i dont know i dont care because he is not spent our money over the last 14 months.
  • Options

I mentioned Curbs purely because he was criticised for finishing mid table in the Premiership despite having a small transfer budget relative to the rest of the division yet it appears to be a heinous sin to criticise Pardew for finishing mid table in the Championship when he has had a large transfer budget relative to the rest of the division.

Just pointing out the double standards that seem to apply!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]maybe KenTred I don't think anyone can really say why but I don't think it can help players when they know one little mistake then the crowd are on there back. It must subconsciously make the lads play the simple ball for fear of getting it wrong and the crowd get straight on there backs.

True, which is why I say the booing never helps. But, we have too many people unable to play even the simple ball. After watching Halford blast the ball 50 yards behind the far post for the third time I just though enough is enough. Twelve million quid, and we can't even put away a dismal Southampton side.
  • Options

I mentioned Curbs purely because he was criticised for finishing mid table in the Premiership despite having a small transfer budget relative to the rest of the division yet it appears to be a heinous sin to criticise Pardew for finishing mid table in the Championship when he has had a large transfer budget relative to the rest of the division.

Just pointing out the double standards that seem to apply!

fare enough Len i was not digging anyone out and not even just the curbs talk on this thread, just seems like every day peole are still moaning on about curbs.
  • Options
    Curbs is now ...... a bit like an ex-wife.

You loved her once but now she's shagging someone else. ;o)
    Why would you want 'her' back ??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Curbs is now ...... a bit like an ex-wife.

exactly so the best thing to do is move on and worry about what you are shagging
  • Options
    Big Williams post makes a lot of sense. Its clear that Pardew has lost a very good percentage of the fans. Something is quite wrong in the dressing room, the players dont seem to be motivated, the tactics seem somewhat confusing, the team selection is erratic......as said elsewhere, I had a lot of time for the bloke, but lost patience with his constant spin months ago. Now he wants another deep pocketful of money....can we honestly trust him to spend it wisely?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Curbs is now ...... a bit like an ex-wife.

Why would you want 'her' back ??[/quote]She was a good shag,didnt moan and burn the breakfast in the morning
  • Options
    please see this thread:

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=15912
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Curbs is now ...... a bit like an ex-wife.

Maybe because my new "loves" have been unsatisfactory and despite all her faults "she" was my soulmate :-)

I think this was probably the comment that brought Curbs into the equation:

As I've said elsewhere more than once I'm still a "Pards in" man but when you consider the criticism Curbs got for finishing mid table in the Premiership with comparitively slender resources compared to others in the division, then it is not unreasonable to criticise mid table championship with plenty of resources! In my opinion of course!
  • Options
    i wouldnt mind seeing paul ince to be honest.
  • Options
    the king is dead len ,long live the king
  • Options
    All good teams have a spine. The last time we were promoted we had Kiely, Rufus, Kinsella, Hunt. There was also a mix of experience and youth who wanted to play for the club.
    Big squads do not work, especially using 36 players during one season, which looks like increasing if Pards uses some youth players in the final few games.
    It is bonkers to bring in four players on loan and displace the existing players especially if they are not better than the current crop.
    Play football on the ground and to feet. Brian Clough was a big believer in this.
    If the existing manager follows these four simple rules then i say keep him. If decides to change the squad en masse then get set for more of the same.
  • Options
    also last time we got promoted with them mentioned players they had been allowed to developed as a team over a few years
  • Options
    Yes they had been. Chopping and changing the side does little for team spirit. Hunt took a season before he really hit form.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: smokin ice[/cite]Yes they had been. Chopping and changing the side does little for team spirit. Hunt took a season before he really hit form.[/quote]Hunt always had the form, he never scored in the amount of goals he scored in his second, Hunt was a class act and really used to annoy me when so called fans would slag him off in the first season, the amount of chances and the amont times he brought other playes into the game was fantastic,we have never had a forward of his calibure since,
  • Options
    I overheard people talking about Steve McLaren on in the East Stand on Saturday.

They seemed to think that he'd been spotted at the Valley and was being lined up as a replacement.

I hope not - I think we should stick with Pards. Give him another season at least. Remember that it's pretty much a new team and they need time to gel.

We've had enough managerial unstability in the last couple of years. Let's get back to being a stable club.