Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Soton - Match Thread

Comments

• [quote][cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]That Derby score could have been us next year :-)[/quote]
    Remember Leeds?

Is it finished yet
  • edited April 2008
    Anyone notice Soton had 3 players called Wright in their starting line up?

Southampton

* 29 Wright
    * 10 Wright yellow card
    * 36 Perry
    * 37 Lucketti
    * 11 Surman
    * 27 Idiakez (70 Viafara )
    * 15 Euell
    * 30 Safri
    * 12 Licka
    * 31 John (79 Pericard )
    * 08 Wright-Phillips yellow card
  • edited April 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Anyone notice Soton had 3 players called Wright in their starting line up?[/quote]

Maybe we shold have had Charlie Wright.

Any info regarding the Randolph own goal?
  • Foul by Chris Perry(Southampton) on Greg Halford(Charlton). Chris Perry(Southampton) booked for unsporting behaviour. Free kick drilled right-footed by Leroy Lita(Charlton) from right channel (20 yards), blocked by Vincent Pericard(Southampton). Header by Leroy Lita(Charlton) from centre of penalty area (12 yards), missed right. Goal kick taken long by Richard Wright(Southampton).
  • [cite]Posted By: Bangkokaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Anyone notice Soton had 3 players called Wright in their starting line up?

Maybe we shold have had Charlie Wright.

Any info regerding the Randolpd own goal?

The BBC lists it as a goal for Stern John.
  • Goodbye play-offs.
  • 90:00
    (4:07) Shot by Jerome Thomas(Charlton) curled right-footed from right channel (20 yards), missed right
  • edited April 2008
    Apparently Randolph made a save, spilled it and McCarthy and Randolph fckd up Stern's miss hit shot between them
  • Live table:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live/tables/cc_champ.html
  • Welling Utd won away

So did Millwall
  • Sponsored links:

• at least now we can all think about next season, in the champ

some serious changes need to happen mind, mainly our midfield (no matter how well theyve played in the last 3 games)

the squad needs to be heavily trimmed since only 1 more yr of parachute payments, and we as fans need to be a hell of a lot more realistic with where we are as a club
  • Yep.. all over for us now.
  • edited April 2008
    depressing :-(

really still believed last week at Plymouth
  • To not even get into the play-offs this season is a complete scandal in my opinion.
  • Ex-Charlton Michael Turner equalised for Hull in the 90th minute
  • And the club need also to think about their fans outside of the M25....... discrgace to sit up and try and form an opinion of my team from words being typed...

As for expectation.... well unless pards INSPIRES this bunch , cause he cant make that many chages, were here for a while with a team that is only gonna get worse as the years go by...... due to financials
  • I agree Chunes, it's f'ing shocking!!!
  • i was more realistic than some at the start of the season and plumped for 4th (2nd very optimistically).

i really couldn't see us finishing outside the play-offs and i think it's pretty below par that we have in all honesty, regardless of the ins and outs.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]at least now we can all think about next season, in the champ

some serious changes need to happen mind, mainly our midfield (no matter how well theyve played in the last 3 games)

the squad needs to be heavily trimmed since only 1 more yr of parachute payments, and we as fans need to be a hell of a lot more realistic with where we are as a club[/quote]

Nothing to disagree with there, fortunately a lot of the squad building happened this year, but we still need to do a bit more tweaking and need a midfielder or two as well as a consistent and more competent defence, if we can cut some of the soft goals out then things immediately start to look better.

As for the fans being realistic, sadly you have two hopes, a few seasons of Prem football mean that there are too many who regard that as the minimum and failure to secure automatic promotion or even the play-offs is a disaster. Just log on tomorrow and I guarantee you'll see at least one thread demanding the sacking and/or public hanging, drawing and quartering of Pardew plus complaints that we should have signed this player, or kept Lisbie, not sold Reid, or played Elliot instead of Randolph etc...
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]at least now we can all think about next season, in the champ

the squad needs to be heavily trimmed since only 1 more yr of parachute payments, and we as fans need to be a hell of a lot more realistic with where we are as a club[/quote]

Agree but there are also problems in defence and attack that need addressing.

I think the bank manager will ensure that the squad is trimmed and I personally feel that that will actually be beneficial for the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• i know.....totally blind optimism but...if watford continue not getting a single point, there might be a place up for grabs beween wolves , ipswich and us
  • edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Bangkokaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]at least now we can all think about next season, in the champ

the squad needs to be heavily trimmed since only 1 more yr of parachute payments, and we as fans need to be a hell of a lot more realistic with where we are as a club

Agree but there are also problems in defence and attack that need addressing.

I think the bank manager will ensure that the squad is trimmed and I personally feel that that will actually be beneficial for the club.

I like the last of what youve said at the end there... whats disappointing as well is all our ex players scattered all over the prem... pretty much, in fact I think, every match has had at least one of our ex players in.... and thats 5 matches...
  • Nothing like a bit of Sister Act to cheer you up!
  • [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Nothing like a bit of Sister Act to cheer you up!

you like whoopi goldberg????
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Nothing like a bit of Sister Act to cheer you up!

you like whoopi goldberg????

Cooome oooon, everyone loves that film!
  • Not good enough. Gonna head back out now and drown my sorrows.

Lets refrain from any super positive, optimistic posts about how we will win every other game now and snatch 6th spot, it aint gonna happen.
  • Cant remember the last time we won two games in a row
  • Sometime in November as i recall. Not won two games onthe spin in 5 months.
  • I think the last back to back win streak came in December

Cardiff A
    Ipswich H

utter garbage not winning consecutive games since the beginning of December, we've got what we deserve
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bangkokaddick[/cite]I think the bank manager will ensure that the squad is trimmed and I personally feel that that will actually be beneficial for the club.

Cut most of the squad's pay packet to £8.28 - the UK National Minimum wage for 90 minutes work. IMO that is all they should get given some of the recent home performances I have seen.

We drop points and voilla - Charlie puts in an appearance.

How was the trip Charlie?