Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

congratulations rangers

2»

Comments

• Options
    now now gents friendly banter of Curb-it may appear and its head locks all round !!!
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]now now gents friendly banter of Curb-it may appear and its head locks all round !!!

Who?

Never heard of her, is that the mad oirish woman who shouts at strangers (& lamposts) on Charlton Lane?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Yes but Henry you are the fans director leed by example etc.

PS why cant you get us to play the Gers in a friendly pre season mate. rather than some numpty team we have to look up on a map ?

Or lead even. I know you like having your spelling corrected. : -)

I'm sure that more than a few people at the club would be happy to have Rangers (Ketman Snr for example) in a friendly but I think they (and Celtic) charge an arm and a leg to play those games.

I think that is why the Palace V Rangers game fell through as if you don't pack the place out, plus police costs, the testimonial fund (for Dougie Freedman in this case) loses out. I might be wrong and the game might be back on.

Then again Pardew's assistant at West Ham was Peter Grant and he used to be captain of Celtic so maybe he could call some favours in.
  • Options
    If you want The Valley to smell like an urinal, then be my guest, invite Celtic down...
  • Options
    Th Unwashed would never be allowed to grace our hallowed turf the old man would see to that !
  • Options
    all this faux Scottishness is amusing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Th Unwashed would never be allowed to grace our hallowed turf the old man would see to that !

Would he now? Interesting. I might email the club and ask if thats correct.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Th Unwashed would never be allowed to grace our hallowed turf the old man would see to that !

I'd complain to customer.service@cafc.co.uk ; - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]

Be my Guest Curb _It, but the game would be ruled out due to 'Police Advice' :-)
  • Options
    I couldnt give a toss about whether rangers or celtic played, have no feelings for either of them but I would still be interested in knowing why one and not the other would be allowed to play.

Note no smiley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    like i said well done rangers,maybe they can match celtics great european record,oh hang on its not the premier european cup! lol
  • Options
    On the subject of friendlies cant we have a four team tornamant over a weekend between us, Palarse, Spanners and a foreign team. Played at The Valley as its the biggest.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Yes but Henry you are the fans director leed by example etc.

PS why cant you get us to play the Gers in a friendly pre season mate. rather than some numpty team we have to look up on a map ?

Or lead even. I know you like having your spelling corrected. : -)

I'm sure that more than a few people at the club would be happy to have Rangers (Ketman Snr for example) in a friendly but I think they (and Celtic) charge an arm and a leg to play those games.

I think that is why the Palace V Rangers game fell through as if you don't pack the place out, plus police costs, the testimonial fund (for Dougie Freedman in this case) loses out. I might be wrong and the game might be back on.

Then again Pardew's assistant at West Ham was Peter Grant and he used to be captain of Celtic so maybe he could call some favours in.

Getting either The Gers or scumtic down for his testimonial is a guaranteed huge turnout. Rangers have taken over 10k+ to both Fulham, Derby & Bradford in the past few years for testimonials, been to two of them myself, scumitc take similar crowds to QPR every year, its a no brainer, guaranteed money earner for him.
    Henry, may have been before your involvement at the club, but certain people were approached about 4-5 years ago by OB and dropped in the conversation about a proposed friendly with scumtic at the Valley, the negative reaction they got (so I'm told) made them advise to the club not to go ahead, as I said, only been told.
  • Options
    the reason rangers are not playing palace is at the moment they cannot commit to it.Not knowing if they have to play qualifiers for champions league.That is fact from Palace themselves.
  • Options
    Of course either of the big two would bring cart loads of fans, but there would be "security issues" i guess. However how abour Aberdean, Hearts , Hibs, Dundee even ?

Curb-it steady there i could hear the teeth grinding from sunny Hackney.
  • Options
    We had Hearts down a few seasons ago.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]We had Hearts down a few seasons ago.

The great Alan Curbishley's Testimonial if I remember rightly...
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    f##k the sweaty teams, can't we have away friendlies somewhere warm?

lets sort out one with Imortal Albufeira....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I couldnt give a toss about whether rangers or celtic played, have no feelings for either of them but I would still be interested in knowing why one and not the other would be allowed to play.

Note no smiley.

Oh dear...now you've done it...
  • Options
    be nice to have rangers down,being that it seems they will be champions of europe very soon,unless there tragic scottish ways come back to haunt them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I couldnt give a toss about whether rangers or celtic played, have no feelings for either of them but I would still be interested in knowing why one and not the other would be allowed to play.

Note no smiley.

Oh dear...now you've done it...

LOL.....not getting involved.
  • Options
    Oh Dear I have upset B ... humble apologies, a Headlock is round the corner for me I fear!
  • Options
    Great from our point of view, if Sporting had won we would have had the plastic Lisboans driving around tooting their bloody car horns all night!

If they all paid to watch Imortal Albufeira we wouldn't be so crap.
  • Options
    This love-in for the Huns is curious, after all most here hate Millwall with a passion, yet Millwall were set up originally by a bunch of ex-pat Rangers supporters, they even play in the same colours and according to rumour the New Den was based on Ibrox.
  • Options
    not really,millwall if anything have a large london irish following,deptford ,blue,all have a large irish presence,charlton has always had a loyalist following among them,since seventies,its not just for show.
  • Options
    Hey Rothko, some of us are really Scottish ;-)
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Well done to the gers - The old man will be loving it - I'm pretty sure that Marseille game in 92 (I think) still eats at him.

Charlton has always had it's fair share of Rangers but I'm sure there's enough Charlton who look for the sceptics as well.