Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where is "charlton"

2»

Comments

• Options
    was always a fair few in downham,these day might be diffrent
  • Options
    You'll start saying you're from Blenheim soon Razil like a mate of mine who used to live by the three blackbirds used to.

I always say I'm from Crook Log - Noone has a clue what I'm banging on about
  • Options
    I haven't a clue, 'proper Greenwich' exile you see...
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    That map of Falconwood is misleading - Wincrofts Drive and Braywood Road are in Bexley these days. I think Lingfield Crescent is too. I believe they used to be in Greenwich. It still causes confusion because some houses have an SE9 postcode, but it is possible to have an SE postcode and be in Bexley and vice versa.

In terms of active supporters, i.e. people who go, it's very unlikely we aren't the best supported club in both Greenwich and Bexley. The density of ST holders alone would probably ensure that.

All this "move to Kent" stuff is a load of twaddle and always will be, IMO.
  • Options
    The Falconwood Freedom Fighters reclaimed the area and ethnically cleansed it of muggy Spanners.

Our next mission is to get rid of the SE9 postcode and reclaim ´Falconwood, Kent´

Btw, avoid the ´Breeze´ bar near the station. . . . .
  • Options
    "Charlton is South East London. Always has been, always will be "

Erm...

http://www.nwkfhs.org.uk/char_plc.htm

It was quite happy being part of Kent since it (being the first English kingdom) was founded by Hengist and his mates c. 500 AD - right up until the 1880s when it was subsumed by the metropolis!

Just to be pedantic, but that is more than 1000 years of history - not to be sniffed at.

Not that I think the club should ever move from their roots - which are in present day South East London - they should stay in Charlton (i.e the Valley); failing that, somewhere else in the borough of Greenwich. No move please!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]was always a fair few in downham,these day might be diffrent

Hardly any Nolly, I grew up in Downham was there for 15 years and theres were probably 3/4 other Charlton fans I knew in the area, the Tavern was predominantly Millwall with a few Palace scattered in. Now I doubt there's any left!
  • Options
    I grew up in Catford and for my entire school life was the only Charlton fan I knew. My younger brother and two older mates being the exception.

Catford was a real Millwall stronghold and back in the late 70's early 80's Palace got more popular. Otherwise it was Arsenal, Spurs and West Ham.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]I grew up in Catford and for my entire school life was the only Charlton fan I knew. My younger brother and two older mates being the exception.

Catford was a real Millwall stronghold and back in the late 70's early 80's Palace got more popular. Otherwise it was Arsenal, Spurs and West Ham.

I grew up in Catford too and was the only Charlton fan in my class at school, if not the whole year. Some Millwall, some Palace, but mainly Man U/Liverpool/Arsenal, etc - i.e. people who never went!
  • Options
    I grew up in Catford. Mum still lives down there.

One other kid in my primary school supported Charlton - he then changed to Blackburn once they beat us in the FMC final. T*****.

Went to Catford boys until they shut it down, then to Forest Hill where I was a couple of years below one Richard Rufus.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just to be pedantic then London and Kent was a postal district of France around 1066 !!!
  • Options
    'just to be pedantic then London and Kent was a postal district of France around 1066 !!! '

and will be soon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]just to be pedantic then London and Kent was a postal district of France around 1066 !!!

To be even more pedantic, Normandy wasn't part of France at the time...;-)
  • Options
    Was as much France as Falconwood being South Welling !!

ohhhh mind you my post code says SE3 which is Blackheath. Now if i dont look out of the window thats ok, if i do f**k me dont arf look like Kidbrooke !!