Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Phil Brown

2»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]What was he singing?

Sloop John B
  • Manager of the team that put Lloyd Sam in a headlock kicked him twice and got him sent off for just taking it?

No Thanks!
  • If you read on I have already stated that Phil Brown did a good job in keeping them up. However, in my opinion he made a complete arse of himself at Manchester City (half time open team talk) and the singing at the end summed up Phil Brown. All about him. He is one of those characters who you either like or not (Ask Andy Todd ;-)

The open air team talk was one of those ill-advised things which presumably made sense at the time, but not in the cold light of day. As for his ego - I think you fundamentally don't understand that it needed someone with that kind of self-belief and drive to take an unfashionable underachieving club like Hull and lift them to heights never before achieved. With that kind of personality you are always going to get some things you don't like, but that comes with the package, and the team talk/open mic performance at the end of the season could be listed under that. What I'm certain of is that he would have been under real pressure over the last few weeks and the singing would have been a release of pressure - just as people go out and have a few beers after passing a test/exam/work project etc, anyone knocking him for that is frankly being a bit childish and churlish. Had Parky for example broken into song on the last day if he'd succeeded in keeping Charlton up then I don't think anyone here would have minded...
  • [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]I wanted the Geordies to survive only due to my hatred of this sad loser of a man. His comments about Sam last season were a joke
    Same here. I'm pretty sure Hull will soon fly down the leagues back to where they started from.

I wonder what their fans make of him?
  • What did he actually say about Sam - I saw the assault but not the post match confrence.
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]What did he actually say about Sam - I saw the assault but not the post match confrence.

I can't recall exactly but he defended Ian Ashbee who all but assaulted Lloyd Sam.
  • I think you fundamentally don't understand that it needed someone with that kind of self-belief and drive to take an unfashionable underachieving club like Hull and lift them to heights never before achieved. With that kind of personality you are always going to get some things you don't like, but that comes with the package,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony Pulis at Stoke (same size and type of club as Hull) has kept them up this season without have to resort to the kind of crap that Brown comes out with. Tony Pulis does not come across as someone who feels it's all about him (unlike Mr Brown).
  • Tony Pulis at Stoke (same size and type of club as Hull) has kept them up this season without have to resort to the kind of crap that Brown comes out with. Tony Pulis does not come across as someone who feels it's all about him (unlike Mr Brown).

Stoke secured their place in next season's EPL some time ago, I don't think they were ever in danger of relegation, so how do you know how Pulis would have responded had Stoke escaped relegation on the last day?
  • The man quite simply got carried away with his sides early season success.

The half time team talk on the pitch. No matter what he says, that backfired.
    Proclaiming after a few good results that he'd like to be the England manager. Dream on.
    Saying that he wished Geovanni would fail a drugs test after he showed dissent towards him when subbed early in a game. Good way to get a player onside that is.
    Going to the press about the Fabregas spitting incident. There was no evidence and it got thrown out.
    Singing on the pitch as though his great management had kept them up. You lost to Man Utds reserve side and stayed up almost by default because Newcastle and Boro were hopeless.

He's become the Robbie Savage of management. His own fans might love him, but nearly everyone else thinks he's a knob.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]The man quite simply got carried away with his sides early season success.

The half time team talk on the pitch. No matter what he says, that backfired.
    Proclaiming after a few good results that he'd like to be the England manager. Dream on.
    Saying that he wished Geovanni would fail a drugs test after he showed dissent towards him when subbed early in a game. Good way to get a player onside that is.
    Going to the press about the Fabregas spitting incident. There was no evidence and it got thrown out.
    Singing on the pitch as though his great management had kept them up. You lost to Man Utds reserve side and stayed up almost by default because Newcastle and Boro were hopeless.

He's become the Robbie Savage of management. His own fans might love him, but nearly everyone else thinks he's a knob.

Of course like most football fans you condemn from a position of insularity. I remember when Parky was being slaughtered by some here for not showing ambition or passion....When however he did demonstrate a bit of ambition (talk of avoiding relegation) or showed passion (getting himself sent to the stands for contesting a referee's decision) another lot of fans slaughtered him for not maintaining a sufficient sense of reserve.

Phil Brown has made a few mistakes, and shelling out £5m for Jimmy Bullard is the worst of them, but if he'd joined Charlton when he did and taken us into the Premiership and kept us there we'd love him for it, we'd forgive him for singing in public too. Well most of us would, a few holier than thous wouldn't be happy, but I suspect they would never achieve happiness even if we were to win the CL, FA Cup and Premiership in one season...
  • Sponsored links:

• What problem do people have with Phil Brown that they have to 'have hatred' of him.

He's just another bloke running a football team 200 miles away, that didn't even play us last season.

Of course, he's going to get emotional in the desperate pressure-cooker environment of the Prem.
    They all do.

And they all do stuff in the heat of the moment, weird outbursts caused by the stress and tension.
    So he's not really any different from most managers, including the successful ones.

So why 'have hatred' of a bloke you don't know and have never met ... ?
  • I don't hate him i just dislike Hull and His style
  • Stoke secured their place in next season's EPL some time ago, I don't think they were ever in danger of relegation, so how do you know how Pulis would have responded had Stoke escaped relegation on the last day?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up until March Stoke were in and around the relegation zone and Tony Pulis had pressure games for most of the season. He has always come across to be calm, down to earth and not one to play up to the media. Did not see him playing the clown when Stoke got promoted on the last day of the season last year.

Look like others have said on the thread Phil Brown is not my cup of tea as a manager and like Dazzler21 stated I don't hate the guy, I just dislike his style of management.
  • At the end of the day, Brown might be a twat, but what gets me about hull is that daft "mauled by the tigers" chant they do.
  • SORRY IF i've missed it, but has anyone pointed out that Curbs gave the team a b*ll*cking on the pitch after the Fulham away match afew years back.
  • [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]At the end of the day, Brown might be a twat, but what gets me about hull is that daft "mauled by the tigers" chant they do.

Did? It must be several months ago that they last mauled.
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]SORRY IF i've missed it, but has anyone pointed out that Curbs gave the team a b*ll*cking on the pitch after the Fulham away match afew years back.

and look what happened to him!!

[cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]At the end of the day, Brown might be a twat, but what gets me about hull is that daft "mauled by the tigers" chant they do.

Thats awesomely cringe worthy!! lol
  • How long till Brown takes the long walk to the job centre? He has "easy" october presumably if they don't pick up points then he'll be gone
  • Dislike Brown from his thuggery of the team when Sam got sent off in 2007. Hull were never a bad team, and I wish we had a competitiveness that they had from turner and Ashbee. Just that that season it was turning point where we knew we couldn't compete physically. We were the most fouled team by far up Xmas that year, now Pardew was wholly to blame for not signing any players who could cope bar McCarthy but Brown's team ulitmately cheated us. That's football but doesn't mean I'm not a little bitter, especially when Brown was critical against us when his team crossed a line.
  • [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Dislike Brown from his thuggery of the team when Sam got sent off in 2007. Hull were never a bad team, and I wish we had a competitiveness that they had from turner and Ashbee. Just that that season it was turning point where we knew we couldn't compete physically. We were the most fouled team by far up Xmas that year, now Pardew was wholly to blame for not signing any players who could cope bar McCarthy but Brown's team ulitmately cheated us. That's football but doesn't mean I'm not a little bitter, especially when Brown was critical against us when his team crossed a line.

With you on this one bro.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't mind Brown at all, think he is good for the Prem as is someone with a bit of personality and character (unlike Megson,McLeish etc). He has come up through the leagues and clearly appreciates where he has come from. Also he knows this may be his only chance at top flight management so is making most of it.
    The only reason I dislike Hull is because of the two games in 07 but that was a long time ago.
    Also the singing was hilarious!
  • When he accused Van Persie of spitting last season lost allot of respect for him then as i cannot see Van Perise doing that he was just bitter aabouot loosing that game.
  • it wasnt van persie it was fabregas and something def happend there i was at the game and the dug out went mental when fabregas did something towrads the dug out
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]it wasnt van persie it was fabregas and something def happend there i was at the game and the dug out went mental when fabregas did something towrads the dug out

Dont believe that for a second mate sorry the bloke made it up as he was bitter for losing the game fair play it was Fabregas and not Van persie but Fabregas is even less likely to do anything. Lost allot of respect for Phil brown since he came into the Prem.