Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Phil Brown

who dressed him Stevie Wonder

Comments

• Apparently Andy Todd assaulted him, dunno about his sartorial advisor
  • Anyone see him singing yesterday? Ooooh look at me i must have all the attention. What a complete and utter pr*ck.
    Wanted Newcastle to go down yesterday but am hoping this tosser takes Hull down next season.
  • edited May 2009
    Agreed
  • The man, is a cock. What a plonker he looked when he was singing. Berk of the highest order!
  • I wanted the Geordies to survive only due to my hatred of this sad loser of a man. His comments about Sam last season were a joke
  • Interestingly, Phil Brown's record is poorer tthan Parky's since parky's permament appoinytment. No wins in 22.
  • One win in 23 games and they stay up with 35 pts. Don't fancy thier chances next season.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Anyone see him singing yesterday? Ooooh look at me i must have all the attention. What a complete and utter pr*ck.
    Wanted Newcastle to go down yesterday but am hoping this tosser takes Hull down next season.

As said above agree 100%.
  • edited May 2009
    27 points from the opening 18 games and a sixth place position on Boxing Day. The last 20 games his record was Won 1 Drew 5 Lost 14 securing only 8 points, a lot, lot worse than PP. How on Earth they managed to stay up is actually beyond me. They won't stay up with 35 points next season and I cannot see how they'll improve on that total. It'll be like Bradford when they stayed up on the last day of 99/00 and the next season were utter toilet. and relegated by a mile.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Spankie[/cite]27 points from the opening 18 games and a sixth place position on Boxing Day. The last 20 games his record was Won 1 Drew 5 Lost 14 securing only 8 points, a lot, lot worse than PP. How on Earth they managed to stay up is actually beyond me. They won't stay up with 35 points next season and I cannot see how they'll improve on that total. It'll be like Bradford when they stayed up on the last day of 99/00 and the next season were utter toilet. and relegated by a mile.[/quote]

We can live in hope!! Charlton promoted by February, Hull nad Newcastle relegated by X Mas
  • Sponsored links:

• Just seen him singing on the pitch at Hull yesterday. The man is a joke. He seems to think he is bigger than the club it's self.The way he gave his half time team talk on the pitch at City was all about showing the media what a tough/hardman he is and that nearly cost them as that's where the bad run started for Hull. They have been on an awful run and were extremely lucky to stay up. Will laugh my arse off when (and it will happen) Hull get relegated next season (if he is still in charge by then).
  • like others, I wanted Newcastle to stay up just because i hate Hull & their nob of a manager.
  • You lot are the most bitter bunch of lads I have ever seen.
    I'm pleased for them that they managed to stay up, they've been well run over the last decade and deserve to stay in the Prem, unlike Boro and Newcastle which have been terribly managed and deserve to be where they are!
  • Put me in the bitter camp JR, I remember Hull doing nothing more creative than trying to kick us off the pitch twice the other season (Honestly, what sort of team provokes Lloyd Sam into a red card???).

Phil Brown is a loathsome character as well.

If they had kept Parky on, we wouldn't have him now.
  • [cite]Posted By: jollyrobin[/cite]You lot are the most bitter bunch of lads I have ever seen.
    I'm pleased for them that they managed to stay up, they've been well run over the last decade and deserve to stay in the Prem, unlike Boro and Newcastle which have been terribly managed and deserve to be where they are!

Not sure its bitterness involved here. More a recognition and dislike for the ego that is Phil Brown and a desire to see him get his just deserts. Nothing against Hull City just that twat Brown. That is a truly poor record btw.
  • However, he took Hull from relegation certainties under parky, to play off winners and survived one season in the prem, just...
    despite his embarassing antics yesterday.

All in all, how bad does parky seem now as a management choiuce?
  • That is a very good and fair point.
  • Hull (and Sunderland) were incredibly lucky to survive. I think that 35 points is the second-lowest ever points total for staying up. WBA stayed up with 34 points under Robson a couple of years back.

The year we went down from the Prem we had 34 points and would have got to 36 if we had held on for another couple of minutes at Liverpool on the final day. That year you needed 38 points to stay up.

Funny old game.
  • [cite]Posted By: Amos on the wing[/cite]Just seen him singing on the pitch at Hull yesterday. The man is a joke. He seems to think he is bigger than the club it's self.The way he gave his half time team talk on the pitch at City was all about showing the media what a tough/hardman he is and that nearly cost them as that's where the bad run started for Hull. They have been on an awful run and were extremely lucky to stay up. Will laugh my arse off when (and it will happen) Hull get relegated next season (if he is still in charge by then).

The man destroyed his team morale by mocking them that halftime in the centre circle - and almost, maybe should have, deserved relegation and a size 9 boot up his arse.

However, football is not just about a manager and his team of underperformers ........ there's the club supporters to consider too.

This was the season their dreams came true.

For the first time EVER, they've seen their team in the top flight - and after all the humdrum years, including fighting relegation from the Football League just 5 years ago. I for one, no matter how crap their team is, wouldn't deny them a second bite of the cherry.

Brown might have looked and sounded daft yesterday, but he had the whole stadium singing along with him.
    Maybe that has restored his standing within the club and the supporters, and once again everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet.

That might prove to be a masterstroke.
  • I lost the 1/2 oz of respect I had for him when he made grown men site down like naughty school kids in front of 40,00 people. Twat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Brown might have looked and sounded daft yesterday, but he had the whole stadium singing along with him.
    Maybe that has restored his standing within the club and the supporters, and once again everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well of course they were singing along with him. The Hull fans have been singing the bloody annoying song all season!!! ;-)

Don't really see your point by Brown singing on the pitch will prove to be a masterstroke. To be fair he has done a good job in keeping them up. However, in my opinion I would not be surprised if Hull find themselves in the bottom three by xmas next season and a singalong with the fans might not prove to be such a masterstroke in keeping his job.
  • West Ham went down on 44 points that would have given them 13th this season - rofl
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]West Ham went down on 44 points that would have given them 13th this season - rofl

Not quite, they went down with 42, but they were still very, very unlucky.
  • [cite]Posted By: Amos on the wing[/cite]Brown might have looked and sounded daft yesterday, but he had the whole stadium singing along with him.

Well of course they were singing along with him. The Hull fans have been singing the bloody annoying song all season!!! ;-)

Don't really see your point by Brown singing on the pitch will prove to be a masterstroke. To be fair he has done a good job in keeping them up. However, in my opinion I would not be surprised if Hull find themselves in the bottom three by xmas next season and a singalong with the fans might not prove to be such a masterstroke in keeping his job.

My point was that after alienating himself from the team and supporters for the 2nd half of the season - he appeared to have recovered that 'togetherness' that brought Hull City promotion and a terrific start to their maiden Prem League season.

Everyone knows, including all the Hull people, that they will struggle next season.
    But they also know the only chance they've got is - they all work together.

And Brown appears to have gone a long way to recovering the unity that they'll need once again.
    As I said, it's their only chance.
  • whats the fuss about

Some of you just seem to moan at anything and everything
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]whats the fuss about

Some of you just seem to moan at anything and everything

That would be a first on here, surely?

Parky out! Sack the board! Paul Scally Millwall fan!!! Rage!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Amos on the wing[/cite]Just seen him singing on the pitch at Hull yesterday. The man is a joke. He seems to think he is bigger than the club it's self.The way he gave his half time team talk on the pitch at City was all about showing the media what a tough/hardman he is and that nearly cost them as that's where the bad run started for Hull. They have been on an awful run and were extremely lucky to stay up. Will laugh my arse off when (and it will happen) Hull get relegated next season (if he is still in charge by then).

Blimey you are seriously bitchy.

He took Hull from the relegation zone to the premiership for the first time ever and kept them up, I grant you not by much, but he succeeded. I'd view his singing at the end of the match as a release of pressure rather than an attempt to show off.

His mistake this season was not so much the bollocking he gave the players on the pitch but in shelling out £5m for Jimmy Bullard who promptly got himself injured and missed the rest of the season. That money should have been spent on a goal scorer and had he spent on someone more familar with the back of a net than the physio's treatment room, or if Bullard had stayed fit then I think Hull would have saved themselves from relegation by a more comfortable margin.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]West Ham went down on 44 points that would have given them 13th this season - rofl

Not quite, they went down with 42, but they were still very, very unlucky.

Unlucky ... ?

I thought it was because they weren't good enough that season -
    after all, 17 teams won more points than the Scamsters did.

And that, kiddies, was why West Ham got relegated.

;o)
  • Blimey you are seriously bitchy.

He took Hull from the relegation zone to the premiership for the first time ever and kept them up, I grant you not by much, but he succeeded. I'd view his singing at the end of the match as a release of pressure rather than an attempt to show off.

His mistake this season was not so much the bollocking he gave the players on the pitch but in shelling out £5m for Jimmy Bullard who promptly got himself injured and missed the rest of the season. That money should have been spent on a goal scorer and had he spent on someone more familar with the back of a net than the physio's treatment room, or if Bullard had stayed fit then I think Hull would have saved themselves from relegation by a more comfortable margin.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you read on I have already stated that Phil Brown did a good job in keeping them up. However, in my opinion he made a complete arse of himself at Manchester City (half time open team talk) and the singing at the end summed up Phil Brown. All about him. He is one of those characters who you either like or not (Ask Andy Todd ;-)

-------------------------------------------------

Blimey you are seriously bitchy.

Thanks very much!!!
  • What was he singing?