Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What ailments are you currently suffering from ?

Comments

• Options
    Shin splints for me...
  • Options
    "Seriously, all major health issues are weight related. High blood pressure and cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes, some forms of cancer etc. If your are overweight you will suffer - it's as simple as that."

Not all, I was diagnosed at 16 when I was about 9.5 stone.
  • Options
    i have a chest infection not man flu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    "i have a chest infection not man flu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Just as well it's not earache, you'd be in big trouble!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]cheeky git! Happened as I was pulling away from the lights

Remember Sash, on the Road the Car is King, Cyclist's don't pay Road Duty so have no place being on the Road :-)
  • Options
    bad feet! jus like fletch!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]"i have a chest infection not man flu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Just as well it's not earache, you'd be in big trouble!!

not as much trouble as you would be with a stomach ache.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Seriously, all major health issues are weight related.

you try telling that to the anorexics
  • Options
    Where do i start? Arthritis in hip which is ok at the moment. Main problem frozen shoulder which hurts like hell, cannot lift arm at all!
  • Options
    hypocondria.

not that as well! :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]cheeky git! Happened as I was pulling away from the lights

What are you going to do about the dent in my car?..
  • Options
    Had manflu a couple of weeks ago and can't shake off the snotty element

Also have bruises on both arms from blood tests re kidney infection I had in November. I think I'm going down!!

Oh Yeah - Got the Charlton Athletic blues too!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]"Me apart from stiff neck (poss whiplash) which i have had since May last year when knocked off my scooter."

Have you received your insurance yet? Receipt of the cheque should aid recovery....

so cynical for one so young - lol

not yet mate
  • Options
    Just had sausages for lunch so bound to have something now!
  • Options
    Aversion to work!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Inflamed arthur-ites in knees after stupidly agreeing to join in football training with son's team.

When feels like more arthritis in left ankle as well.

Otherwise doing OK for an old 'un

Arthritis is a cop out for Gout -FACT.

No, dislocated my knee cap and that sort of trauma brings on early osteo-arthitis. Been diagnosed as well.

Turn my ankle over jumping over a wall (don't ask but the coppers will never take me alive ; - )

Being overweight doesn't help it but I do swimming 1000m 3 times a week which is good non-weight bearing exercise.

Just like ex-smokers are the worse people who have lost a bit of weight who then tell others off are...... : - )
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with me apart from wonky knee & elbow - involuntarily forced to dismount from bike with terrific velocity & complete loss of dignity. Okay, I fell off.

Too much work stress and exhaustion - well, that's what I tell my MD.
    Solution: winning lottery numbers. But then I suppose I need to buy a ticket first ...... ?

Brain-ache - trying to work out a way to see Charlton winning again.
    Solution: just being at Argyle tomorrow. :o)

C'MON YOU ADDICKS!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Shin splints for me...

ooooh VM I feel for you I really do!!! Just about managed to get over mine before going off to Peru & our trek!!!! But I have to admit it was soooo painful..........I could hardly walk. Still didn't take a day sick though & I haven't in 8 years, going sick's for whimps!!!!!!!

To be honest, if I'm going to stay at home I want to enjoy it.............I'd rather be sick in job time ;-)
  • Options
    I've not had a day off work for sickness since 1991.
  • Options
    Dislocated shoulder and fracture on dry ski slope 2 months ago. Daily physio to get muscles back to normal and can reach about head high at moment but doc said 9 months to get full arm mobility
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bad taste
  • Options
    Cold feet after being out in the rain all afternoon.
  • Options
    I'm in plaster for at least two weeks
  • Options
    I am going in for operation on thursday on my spine having 2 disks removed and 3 lower vertibra fused together sounds like an 8-9 inch scar 4-6 hrs of surgery and lenghthy recovery thank feck for bupa
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I am going in for operation on thursday on my spine having 2 disks removed and 3 lower vertibra fused together sounds like an 8-9 inch scar 4-6 hrs of surgery and lenghthy recovery thank feck for bupa[/quote]

"lenghty recovery"? - you slacker!
  • Options
    no mate in hospital for 5 days cant drive for 2 weeks after i come out aim back to work on the 4th week not to bad doctor said he would sign me off for 12-16 weeks like feck i had an operation on it before and was off for 12 weeks and i hated it back to work is the key i reckon
  • Options
    This is a painful one...Managed to shut the index finger on my right hand in a car door yesterday and when I say shut I mean slammed shut. Opened the door and the finger looked like something off Tom and Jerry. Woke up this morning and the finger was completely black and swollen. I had no feeling in the finger whatsoever so I went to A & E. Had an X-Ray but it's not broken but the doctor says I've killed the nerves...OUCH
  • Options
    I've got a scaphoid fracture, so it has to be treated like a break, 2 weeks in plaster, then more xrays to see what the damage is, then it's either 6 more weeks in plaster, or strapped and away I go.

typing one handed is hard work
  • Options
    not quite as bad as some on here but have some bad man flu going on... fever, whole body aches, can't swallow, yuk yuk yuk
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I am going in for operation on thursday on my spine having 2 disks removed and 3 lower vertibra fused together sounds like an 8-9 inch scar 4-6 hrs of surgery and lenghthy recovery thank feck for bupa

Good luck with the op, NLA - I think you 'win' this thread...and get well soon all the rest of you.

Nought wrong with me apart from the occasional bout of Charlton-induced pessimism...