Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Yours Views on the CAFC Official site

2»

Comments

• Ok, thanks Airman, but surely someone at the club should alert this 'source.'
    What's the point in having a site to provide information to fans when one of the most vital pieces of such information - the fixture list - is incorrect. They may as well just provide a link to our BBC page which has a correct fixture list 
    Such an error can mislead a casual fan and consequently lose a potential spectator.
  • I only use the club website when I have to. Partly because Charlton Life is so good as a news source I rarely feel the need to go anywhere else. Partly because it's not a pleasant experience using the club website: Too many vague links and headings. Ugly drop down menus that take up most of the page. Need to scroll down the page to find anything - even then using a big screen. Too much unimportant guff cluttering the screen. Too many blind alleys and circular links. It appears to have been designed on some corporate bod's idea of what's required rather than what the end user will actually find useful. I'd love them to sort it out.
  • Mason -Burstow scored today but isn't listed in either squad list.

Very poor from the OS.
  • Ok, thanks Airman, but surely someone at the club should alert this 'source.'
    What's the point in having a site to provide information to fans when one of the most vital pieces of such information - the fixture list - is incorrect. They may as well just provide a link to our BBC page which has a correct fixture list 
    Such an error can mislead a casual fan and consequently lose a potential spectator.
    They do, periodically, but this has been going on for years. I can see why the club doesn’t update its own stats - it’s a chore - but I agree it ought to control its own fixture list since it’s such a core part of the business.

Looks as if it’s been updated now?

I really dislike the way the fixtures are presented in a calendar, too.
    Yup, agreed 
  • Mason -Burstow scored today but isn't listed in either squad list.

Very poor from the OS.
    It'd been updated by 7pm, and we no longer have 2 no 30s in the squad either.
  • aliwibble said:
    Mason -Burstow scored today but isn't listed in either squad list.

Very poor from the OS.
    It'd been updated by 7pm, and we no longer have 2 no 30s in the squad either.
    It does have the new Deji down as a forward
  • *grin* And Burstow as a defender. Have to admit the smallness of the font meant I didn't notice that first time round.
  • If the information given on the OS is wrong, best not to even try providing it.

It's not like I've been trying to find mistakes.

Last week I was looking at our fixtures for November, and today I wanted to find out more about our goalscorer.

Twice I looked for information and twice it was incorrect.
  • Perhaps you could provide some feedback about these matters to the fans advisor. Contact details can be found on the club website, if you search hard enough....