Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Yours Views on the CAFC Official site

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
okay, we all know that Charlton Life is the only real fans site but occasionally I do like to pop over to read the numerous rantings by fans on the official site. Some of them are truely unbelievable. It really does speak volumes for the Club that they actually post the rantings of such madmen and I'm sure that there is no other Club that has postings from fans calling for the Manager's head on the Official Site. Does anyone here post on there ??

Comments

• Went over there once could not believe teh crap i was reading and have nver been back.

TBH i used to float around a lot of CAFC sites but more or less stick to this one now
  • My feeling is we should keep the lunatics over there.

As for the OS itself, it needs a general overhaul and a fresh look, it hasn't changed much in the last few seasons and compared with most other clubs websites it looks rather dated.
  • yeah but web site development is not cheap is it. I'd rather they spend their money elsewhere to be honest.

As for the my views - they should can it. It's full of mugs of the likes that sit around me moaning after 5 minutes.
  • I'm actually staggered they persist with it, it serves absolutely no purpose when there are a whole host of independent sites such as here that perform the same function.

I read before one of the communications team stating how much time was taking in relation to it, and it just makes no sense to me.

The Official Site is one of the most visited of the professional clubs, and i think that what they generally do with it is great. Charlton are excellent at controlling stories / media, and 90% of Charlton articles in the media are cribbed from what they put on the official site. They would be better concentrating on that, and saving time spent on something that doesn't really come under that remit.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'm actually staggered they persist with it, it serves absolutely no purpose when there are a whole host of independent sites such as here that perform the same function.

Are there any you would recommend? : -)

I personally don't like the fans views part of the OS and do feel for the guys and girls having to edit and administer it but some people seem to enjoy using it in preference to "other" sites.

I would guess that it also helps to drive traffic to the OS which I think is generally strong as AFKA says.

Yes, perhaps it could do with a re-fresh but as Ledge says that costs money and we all know that the club made cuts, including staff in the Comms team, in the summer.
  • I like the OS, but dont bother with the My views section ( other than to attract OZ/NZ fans to the Addicks Downunder), its too depressing. Smudge, next time you are feeling low about the comments on here, just go over and have a look at the My views....should make you feel sooooooooo much better mate.
  • "Smudge, next time you are feeling low"

I think he's taking the p*ss Smudge!
  • I look just to see what dear old Jonathan Acworth's latest campaign is.
  • I heard Acworth's latest rant was for Pardew to sign Steve Portway ;-)
  • I didn't know about this site until about a year and a half ago,and never posted on any other forums.My critiscm was as it was run by the club,they never allowed anything really negative to be posted on there.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]I look just to see what dear old Jonathan Acworth's latest campaign is.

I'd quite forgotten he even existed...til you mentioned him Dave...thanks :-)
  • Very rarely look at the 'Your views' section, but I do think the site comes in for a lot of undeserved flak.

I know from personal experience that communications people can have their hands tied about what they can and can't say and write, and all in all I think it's a very good source of information about the club.
  • I never knew that this existed on the OS. I've just read a couple of threads and I have to say that although the comments are on the whole negative, they are regularly quite well expressed.
  • [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]I never knew that this existed on the OS. I've just read a couple of threads and I have to say that although the comments are on the whole negative, they are regularly quite well expressed.

That mean you're happy with the grammer then Jim? Far superior to us badly spoken reprobates?!
  • edited April 2008
    lol. I was just countering what 'left behind' and 'black forest red' said. I don't find them all to be 'lunatics', that's all. Some of them make some decent points.
  • edited April 2008
    And the standard of grammar is simply a bonus, eh Jim?
    ;o)
  • edited April 2008
    I've just had this on another thread. I've not talked about people's grammar on here, but I have recently talked about a lack of punctuation. There is a big difference.
  • Jim I feel you've taken my slipstick comment to heart! :o)
  • To you and maybe me Jim, but alas ...............

Anyway, you stick to your guns old son. I'm with you on this.
  • Why does the official site list (meaningless) Mama Joan Pizza matches in the fixtures but not the (hugely meaningful) FA Cup matches?

Anyone would think that we don't have a match this Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why does the official site list (meaningless) Mama Joan Pizza matches in the fixtures but not the (hugely meaningful) FA Cup matches?

We don’t do cups. 
  • Not since 1947 anyway.
  • Not since 1947 anyway.
    Hitler - a secret one ball love for us addicks

When everyone's dead ...we get another cup run or actually win it again.

Hopefully WWIII will break out around 2064 and we can at least make the 5th round

We don’t do cups. 
    I know but why list one and not the other (more prestigious) one? It is illogical.
  • As I get most of my information from the OS site I love it
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'm actually staggered they persist with it, it serves absolutely no purpose when there are a whole host of independent sites such as here that perform the same function.

I personally don't like the fans views part of the OS and do feel for the guys and girls having to edit and administer it but some people seem to enjoy using it in preference to "other" sites.

I would guess that it also helps to drive traffic to the OS which I think is generally strong as AFKA says.

Yes, perhaps it could do with a re-fresh but as Ledge says that costs money and we all know that the club made cuts, including staff in the Comms team, in the summer.
    I didn't know that. Why the Comms team yet keep Burger Boy on?
  • edited November 2021
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'm actually staggered they persist with it, it serves absolutely no purpose when there are a whole host of independent sites such as here that perform the same function.

I didn't know that. Why the Comms team yet keep Burger Boy on?
    @Arsenetatters

Check the date 😊
  • I was also nodding along with interest before realising I was reading comments from 2008. 
  • edited November 2021
    Why does the official site list (meaningless) Mama Joan Pizza matches in the fixtures but not the (hugely meaningful) FA Cup matches?

I think because the club isn’t in control of the fixture list on the site. It is pulled from a dataset provided by the Press Association or at any rate a central source, which saves staff updating it but also means it is occasionally wrong.