Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst Stewards

2»

Comments

• Options
    Leeds - I had to pick up some shoes for a wedding off a mate up there at the same time that we were up there. Denied entrance with said shoes to Elland Road as i "might use them as an offensive weapon" when i pointed out that surely then everyone should be taking their shoes off when they went to the ground if that was the case, they suggested that i leave the turnstyle area or they'd have a word with the local constabulary....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]"It was B the infamous streaker from the Villa game a couple of seasons before - he noticed us looking at him, winked & put his finger to his lips.....to say shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"

BS a steward!!! They obviously have a stringent security screening policy!
    Sounds like Green Park where the guy who looks like Buckshee is a steward at that West Ham game!
  • Options
    A bit off track but Aldershot in the eighties, I was fifteen and was with a mate watching maidstone in the cup. When Gall scored for the Stones the OB just went mental with their truncheons
  • Options
    Got thrown out of Plough Lane that was funny just for surging forward
    OB grabbed me put my arm up my back and jogged down the terrace and across the pitch in the porta cabin slammed me agaisnt the wall sat me down left, talked to a WPC gave details and she told me to just go home and said sorry for others PC actions
  • Options
    They weren't strictly stewards but the "security" staff in Izmir for Turkey v England in '92 left a lot to be desired.

Only decided to get involved when a group of England fans, fed up with the constant barrage of coins, food, spit etc that had been raining down on us for over an hour, ran at the Turks (who naturally shat themselves & scattered)

Mind you the FA officials were just as ineffective. Only came over to see what was going on when a fence got torn down towards the end.