Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Worst Stewards

What Stewards would you rate the worst at any ground you have visited including the Valley?

Comments

• The little tosser in the baseball cap at the bottom of J block in the Covered end Upper will take some beating
  • man utd are pretty crap, chucking out our fans in fancy dress out a couple of seasons back.
  • I remember on the open terrace at Pompey about ten years ago, they employed a team of oversized bouncers, who threw out people on a two minute interval basis.
  • WSSWSS
    edited March 2008
    I think Liverpool away last season when someone got thrown out for celebrating too much when Matty Holland scored. The best one was the sleeping steward at Blackpool.
  • Remember someone at Everton getting thrown out for repeatedly shouting 'murder' in a scouse accent
  • The Sheffield United Stewards are a bit lively. They think they're still on the miners picket lines
  • I'd second a vote on Sheffield United, little hitlers
  • The bloke sitting at the bottom of Block D in the East Stand on Friday must surely be the worst by far! After West Brom scored the a bloke at the end of the row stood up and start cheering, I got up and told the bloke in the nicest possible way of course to sit down and keep his thoughts to himself. I then asked the steward sitting no more than 2 rows in front of him what he was going to do about the West Brom supporter sitting in the home stand, he just looked at me and shrugged his shoulders!!!
    I actually had to go to the top of the stand and get one of the head stewards to come down and throw the bloke out!
    You pay peanuts you get monkesy I suppose!
  • Yeah J Block bloke is a bit of a knob
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]man utd are pretty crap, chucking out our fans in fancy dress out a couple of seasons back.

They were tossers. When I told the same steward he should've done something about the three behind me who were all wearing ManU shirts he repleied with 'take it up with your club, they sold em the tickets'. Wnakers.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]You pay peanuts you get monkesy I suppose!
    been that way in the food/beer outlets for years, at least there's some consistency!
  • Sheffield Utd have been total tit heads in the past.One year we had to pay on the gate,£14 i think it was and the stewards were saying correct money only and when my mate went to give them a £20 note he was told they didn't have any change.
    He said something along the lines of "How can you not have any change for a £20 when everybodys been paying the correct money".He got dragged out of the line and told to "Shut the f**k up,you cockney tosser"!!

What a charming welcome!
  • what a bunch of C**ts

i see a trend here
  • Sheffield United - one year in particular they threw out dozens including some of the quietist fans I know
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: foulerr[/cite]Sheffield United - one year in particular they threw out dozens including some of the quietist fans I know[/quote]

All Charlton fans by any chance? :-)
  • Villa for me, but Pompey OB in the ground have been murder!
  • Shef Utd threw loads out in both of the last two visits, they waded in after Gillespie's winner last year just for the sake of it
  • Liverpool,Newcastle,Birmingham
  • middlesbrough.
  • arsenal in the old clock end ... morts genius got lobbed out for sarcasm ffs in the 2-2 morts and mckenzie goals
  • Sponsored links:

• AFKA your right about pompy been thrown out of their more times than any other ground. think there must have been 200 of us thrown out that game you mentioned
  • Worst OB was Peterborough back in the 70's...as I picked myself up after being chased by the boro fans and going through a shoe shop window, a copper told me it was all my fault....for coming up here! Found out later that Charlton fans had run riot through the town about an hour befor I arrived. Ive been slung out of the Valley three times ironically, but never at an away game. Most tolerant OB were at Cambridge...how my mate John didnt get nicked I'll never know. Stewards....Liverpool....nicest in ages Blackpool.
  • Leeds - Got binned out at half time - Thought we were gonna get done outside the ground by a bunch of pikeys hanging around. Got away with it somehow.
  • Too many to mention at other clubs, Moses (the fella in front of H&J) is a nugget.
  • I remember going to Upton Park on Boxing Day for the 5-0 drubbing & sitting next to the line of stewards separating us from the West Ham fans - I suddenly thought that steward there looks mighty familiar!!

It was B the infamous streaker from the Villa game a couple of seasons before - he noticed us looking at him, winked & put his finger to his lips.....to say shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Does he still go to Charlton? And whatever happened to Fat Robbie Fowler for that matter?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Too many to mention at other clubs, Moses (the fella in front of H&J) is a nugget.[/quote]

Gonna put a rock in my kids fiiiiiish saturday and tell her were to aim it ;-)
  • sheff utd has kicked off with their stewards on atleast three occasions when I have been there
  • [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]I remember going to Upton Park on Boxing Day for the 5-0 drubbing & sitting next to the line of stewards separating us from the West Ham fans - I suddenly thought that steward there looks mighty familiar!!

It was B the infamous streaker from the Villa game a couple of seasons before - he noticed us looking at him, winked & put his finger to his lips.....to say shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Does he still go to Charlton? And whatever happened to Fat Robbie Fowler for that matter?
    Yes i saw B S in the pub after a game not that long ago
  • "It was B the infamous streaker from the Villa game a couple of seasons before - he noticed us looking at him, winked & put his finger to his lips.....to say shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"

BS a steward!!! They obviously have a stringent security screening policy!
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]"It was B the infamous streaker from the Villa game a couple of seasons before - he noticed us looking at him, winked & put his finger to his lips.....to say shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"

BS a steward!!! They obviously have a stringent security screening policy!

I think it was more a case he nicked a steward jacket from somewhere,he was always going on about doing this