Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ashes to Ashes

Comments

• Options
    People shouldn't really compare the LOM to A2A;
    There was 10 years between the series for Christ sake.
  • Options
    Exactly, where LOM for me is a period when I was a small child so the series reminds me of a few things and the Sweeney, Ashes to Ashes I was 13 and remember the music and what London was like then.

I assume those who don't get A2A where already in miserable old git land by 1981.

I am expecting an early 90's finale: what would it be called?
  • Options
    Pickwick.
    Not sure if that was a compliment or insult ?

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]cracking show.

and keeley hawes.....mmmmm. for some reason she looks hotter in the 80s garms.

You never watched tipping the velvet then .....

the lezzer thing? no, is she in that??

anyone got the boxset?

Tipping The Velvet
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]cracking show.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]
    I am expecting an early 90's finale: what would it be called?

Absoulute Beginners?
    Not sure what year that was though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]People shouldn't really compare the LOM to A2A;
    There was 10 years between the series for Christ sake.

Not so much comparing, I just cant get on with her character, and I thought LOM was grittier and John Sim a much better actor and character, her character is just bland, and no, I wouldnt say no, but she doesnt make me drool either, but then again, neither did John Sim, and thats the whole point, :D
  • Options
    Something about her that doesn't really do it for me too, not sure what.

Cracking Millwall gag in tonights episode BTW.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite]Something about her that doesn't really do it for me too, not sure what.

Cracking Millwall gag in tonights episode BTW.

Line up of petty criminals where one says to the cops about the bloke along side him, "he could have played for Millwall." The camera zooms back out revealing he has lost most of his left leg and Chris, one of the cops, says "he still could".

There was another interesting thing in the episode last night, did anyone else notice the address Ray used when filling in the Army application form?
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited May 2009
    Forest Road, SE7. (I love Sky +)
  • Options
    I wonder if the writer/s support Charlton. As you say on the application form he put his address as SE7 and also with the one legged Millwall footballer joke.Surely no coincidence?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It gets better and better. I know it's predictable, but as soon as Gene suggested he was sensetive enough to go and talk to the tranny character you knew there was a belly laugh coming up...
  • Options
    Anyone being following the third series?
  • Options
    Yep:
    That Viv was a wrong'un !
    Like Lost, nearly at the End so as we can finally make sense of it all.

Or Not.
  • Options
    I found last nights episode really dark and less enjoyable.
    It's still one of the best things on tv but I liked it better when it was more lighthearted.

When it was Life on Mars, the final episode with Sam Tyler had a really good twist at the end so perhaps Ashes will do the same to explain it all.

(5 minutes to kick off and I'm trying hard to think of something else)
  • Options
    wow that last episide was a bit special.
  • Options
    Tell me about it, great telly.
  • Options
    Yep, superb finale.
  • Options
    Shame to see it end. I didn't think it would end like that!
  • Options
    that was awesome one of the best finales i have ever seen
    sad to see it end

will there be another series with another david bowie title? or do you think its dead now?
  • Options
    it was a great ending...

i'm going to write in white text after this - just in case everyone hasn't watched it yet.

it was clear from life on mars that it was all an in-between life and death world, didn't know the ins and outs of it, so it was nice to have most of it explained. didn't occur to me that Gene was the spirit guide, but of course it makes perfect sense... he is the Guv after all. nice to see nelson again. always wondered what his role actually was in LoM was, as he seemed to be the only one who knew what was going on. i guess he's like a saint peter/gatekeeper or something. and Keats is some sort of agent for the devil or something trying to take them to a hell of cocktails and wham music. going to have to watch it all again now, starting with life on mars; it will all seem obvious then i'm sure
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCdamo[/cite]that was awesome one of the best finales i have ever seen
    sad to see it end

will there be another series with another david bowie title? or do you think its dead now?

no i don't think so. now we know what it's all about there's no need.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Pretty sure its dead Damo, personally I'd like to keep it that way. Now its all been wrapped up (rather beautifully at that) we surely can't have another series, we'd know all the details right from the off!

EDIT: Stebo beat me to it :(
  • Options
    Not many Bowie songs from the 90s you can pick. Hallo Spaceboy? Jump They Say?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]Not many Bowie songs from the 90s you can pick. Hallo Spaceboy? Jump They Say?

It wouldn't be the 90's, as the new bloke at the end asked for his iPhone.
  • Options
    before last night I thought the ending would be poor as there was so much to explain. I was so wrong, one of the best endings to a crime series ever - I'm still thinking about it

Gene Hunt IS God
  • Options
    My head is still spinning. Great last episode.
  • Options
    I did enjoy it but it did have to be explained although still have cold/flu so obviously brain cell compromised
  • Options
    Thought it was bloody awsome ending, wicked to see the old barman pop up at the end too. Going to watch life on mars tonight as got the bug again. Could do another show called the gene genie, all about gene as young copper in the 60's and how he got the job of helping the dead police men and women maybe a one of 2hr special for xmas or somthing... but you didn't hear me say that ;-)
  • Options
    Great viewing.

I'm still a bit confused as to Keats but that is probably down to me being thick.

There are very few things worth watching on television these days but Life On Mars and Ashes To Ashes proved welcome exceptions.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Great viewing.

I'm still a bit confused as to Keats but that is probably down to me being thick.

There are very few things worth watching on television these days but Life On Mars and Ashes To Ashes proved welcome exceptions.

So am i Len, LOM and Ashes to Ashes will go down as great cult TV and will never be beaten everyone involved should be very very proud