Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THREAD FOR DISCUSSING AWAY FOLLOWINGS (of all clubs)

1131415161719»

Comments

• DOUCHER said:
    ChiAddick said:
    Shows how much more attractive coming to The Valley is compared to The Den. Surprises at Covs numbers. Close game geographically and normally take loads away like 6.5k at MK Don's a few weeks back.
    Not really. They came to us full of hope on a sunny August day, first away game of the season. They went to the Den next to bottom of the league with no hope at all. Stands to reason their numbers have halved. 
    Voice of reason. 

People Generally love going to Millwall. One stop away from a good drink in LB/Borough, a proper old school atmosphere (most of the time) and a very safe away end. You only get trouble at Millwall these days if you go looking for it. 

The amount of times I’ve spoke to rival fans and they’ve said after their local rivals Millwall away is one of the first fixtures they look for When they come out. 
    Either take your tongue out of your cheek or you're on drugs.
    Only speaking from experience, conversations I’ve had with fans of other clubs and what I’ve read on forums etc. 

I don’t know what people think of Charlton away. I’ve always found it a bit flat to be honest, but hoping that will change this season, from what I’ve read on here.
    Confirmed, you're taking the piddle.
    And as for Charlton away, yeah you’re a bit closer to central London than palace but you’re slap bang in the middle of a pretty nondescript area and up until very recently you’ve never been known for your atmosphere. I know a southern based Leeds fan who went to your place once but could only get tickets for the home end. He described it as “gods waiting room”. His words. 

But yeah, I’m taking the piss and people much prefer Charlton away than Millwall lol
    Quite simple to resolve - compile the away attendances at the valley and compare against the same teams at millwall over a period of years - if u want to
    But you have a bigger away end? 
    No we don't.

Any other bollocks you want to spout?
  • Addickted said:
    552 Carlisle @ Orient - fantastic turnout
    1,791 Colchester @ Crawley - ditto
    2,676 Luton @ Brum - Impressive

324 Wigan @ Bristolawful
    254 Gill’s @ Accrington  - appalling
    575 Blackpool @ Burton - boycotting again?
    505 Oldham @ Port Vale - poor
    621 Swindon @ Crawley - even worse

Why is gillinghams support at Accrington’appalling’? Admittedly it’s not great but you only took just over double that there last season and surely you get a lot more than double Gillinghams average home attendance? 

Ah, there's those bollocks again.

Nearly treble actually and we didn't get treble the Gills home attendance.

And where have I said our away support has been good? Being one of a few hundred for hndreds of away games would give me a bit more experience in judging Charlton's historic travelling support than some hipster from Surrey Quays
  • millwall chose not to use the whole of their away end cos they know their cunts will possibly cause trouble with oppo cunts 

luckily our cunts are more diluted and we can give oppo the whole end 

there’s no way more away fans go to the scum than the valley 

Our away support numbers are improved but from the patheticness of the past that isn’t difficult 

let’s not forget we are on the run of a lifetime footballing wise with some newish grounds for some youngsters

see how big these followings are when it all becomes samey with the fixtures and the results aren’t so friendly 

I’ll have a look at our relegation season from the championship and see how lairy we can get coating off the likes of Wigan and gills 
  • Too many threads are deviating towards Millwall
  • DOUCHER said:
    ChiAddick said:
    Shows how much more attractive coming to The Valley is compared to The Den. Surprises at Covs numbers. Close game geographically and normally take loads away like 6.5k at MK Don's a few weeks back.
    Not really. They came to us full of hope on a sunny August day, first away game of the season. They went to the Den next to bottom of the league with no hope at all. Stands to reason their numbers have halved. 
    Voice of reason. 

People Generally love going to Millwall. One stop away from a good drink in LB/Borough, a proper old school atmosphere (most of the time) and a very safe away end. You only get trouble at Millwall these days if you go looking for it. 

The amount of times I’ve spoke to rival fans and they’ve said after their local rivals Millwall away is one of the first fixtures they look for When they come out. 
    Only speaking from experience, conversations I’ve had with fans of other clubs and what I’ve read on forums etc. 

I don’t know what people think of Charlton away. I’ve always found it a bit flat to be honest, but hoping that will change this season, from what I’ve read on here.
    And as for Charlton away, yeah you’re a bit closer to central London than palace but you’re slap bang in the middle of a pretty nondescript area and up until very recently you’ve never been known for your atmosphere. I know a southern based Leeds fan who went to your place once but could only get tickets for the home end. He described it as “gods waiting room”. His words. 

But yeah, I’m taking the piss and people much prefer Charlton away than Millwall lol
    Quite simple to resolve - compile the away attendances at the valley and compare against the same teams at millwall over a period of years - if u want to
    But you have a bigger away end? We quite often have teams selling and you’d never know how many more they’d have sold on top of that. 

Also, as someone else said you are a ground lots haven’t been to in a while so that will bump your crowds up a bit. 

I still stand by my point, I doubt many would see Charlton away as much more appealing than Millwall away as the original poster said, for reasons stated. 
    No. You have a bigger away end but as has been stated many times, for some bizarre reason you choose not to sell half of it.
  • Too many deviants at Millwall
    EFA
  • Addickted said:
    552 Carlisle @ Orient - fantastic turnout
    1,791 Colchester @ Crawley - ditto
    2,676 Luton @ Brum - Impressive

324 Wigan @ Bristolawful
    254 Gill’s @ Accrington  - appalling
    575 Blackpool @ Burton - boycotting again?
    505 Oldham @ Port Vale - poor
    621 Swindon @ Crawley - even worse

To be fair to Swindon there were nearly 1,800 Colchester fans in there with them and when you consider the away end at 'The People's Pension Stadium' only holds 1,600 - that's pretty impressive.
  • Ok for the pedantic on here, we have less tickets available for our away end. That’s what I obviously meant. But you knew that. 
  • Too many threads are deviating towards Millwall
    No surprise, we are back in the same division and it’s a local rivalry. Not a problem for me. 
  • edited October 2019
    stonemuse said:
    Too many threads are deviating towards Millwall
    No surprise, we are back in the same division and it’s a local rivalry. Not a problem for me. 
    I just wish the F troop fanboys attempts at piss taking were a bit more grown up. You're sounding like an excited 16  year old @MillwallFan .
    If we win next week will you having your annual meltdown?
  • Sponsored links:

• Ok for the pedantic on here, we have less tickets available for our away end. That’s what I obviously meant. But you knew that. 
    Being even more pedantic, it should be fewer tickets not less tickets  :)

• DOUCHER said:
    ChiAddick said:
    Voice of reason. 

But you have a bigger away end? We quite often have teams selling and you’d never know how many more they’d have sold on top of that. 

Also, as someone else said you are a ground lots haven’t been to in a while so that will bump your crowds up a bit. 

I still stand by my point, I doubt many would see Charlton away as much more appealing than Millwall away as the original poster said, for reasons stated. 
    Sorry, I thought u were being serious / I was talking to an adult - take out the ones that exceed your capacity from the sample - hope that helps
  • DOUCHER said:
    ChiAddick said:
    Voice of reason. 

Nope, your away end is virtually the same as ours.

The bottom tier of yours is not used because of the animals in the other 3 sides of the ground.  BBW and yourself aside of course.
    Not pedantic.

Your post was wrong regards the numbers and now you are backtracking as we have killed your comment.

We win this spat, you'll win the match.....again
  • stonemuse said:
    Too many threads are deviating towards Millwall
    "There's only one Stern John".
  • @MillwallFan trying to argue his case that people would rather go to Millwall than Charlton yet he spends an eternity on this forum rather than a Scum one!!!
    strange
  • ChiAddick said:
    Voice of reason. 

Yeah that must be right. How many other clubs have a purpose built tunnel to protect the away fans on route back to the transport links to get them away from the scummy element of Home fans? 

• ChiAddick said:
    Voice of reason. 

Yeah that must be right. How many other clubs have a purpose built tunnel to protect the away fans on route back to the transport links to get them away from the scummy element of Home fans? 

i wouldn't bang on about it - him and the other bloke get off on the fact that that tunnel and walkway was built
  • DOUCHER said:
    ChiAddick said:
    Voice of reason. 

i wouldn't bang on about it - him and the other bloke get off on the fact that that tunnel and walkway was built
    Cowards Alley by the locals.