Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plymouth Away

2»

Comments

• Options
    3 Off us going down to cider land.
  • Options
    More cider in London than you'll find in Plym-erff, Terry.
  • Options
    Me and WSS driving down and back Saturday... waiting to hear back from Carlsberg and MCS...
  • Options
    12 of us going down there as part of my mate's stag do. I just hope we get a result tomorrow so it's not a dead trip.
  • Options
    Sevenoaks Massive (well 8 of us) going down Friday morning and back Sunday. Staying in Ashburton.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Nope, want to go as haven't been Plymouth for years. But have been roped in to support a good mate who's shite music heavy rock band are playing a gig in Belvedererere in the evening.

Where's my earplugs.....
  • Options
    You won't need earplugs, AFKA ........ I don't suppose we'll be singing that loudly in Plymouth that you'll hear us in Belvedererere ;o)
  • Options
    Went down Corwall last Saturday to collect a Stand with Gumbo & Stu, fook me is Plymouth a long way, not sure if I can face the same journey twice in three weekends :-)
  • Options
    Course you can, Ketters ...... it's only like me going to 2 home matches in a row ;o)
  • Options
    Me, son and his mate driving there and back on the Saturday.

Tavern I see your not gonna make it. So I'll give you a bell about Soton home or QPR away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]Me, son and his mate driving there and back on the Saturday.

Tavern I see your not gonna make it. So I'll give you a bell about Soton home or QPR away.
    okay
  • Options
    More than likely...will decide by tomorrow.....be me and Mrs Oz...Rhino was threatening too
  • Options
    Just keeping this thread going for those travelling tomorrow:

Just to let you know as you're coming by train but there's only a couple of pubs anywhere en route on the way to the ground.

The traditionally accepted away pub, is the 'Penny Come Quick', never been in there so don't know about beers, by the roundabout 5 minutes walk from the station.
    Turn right from the station, then down the hill under the railway bridge and you'll see the roundabout and the pub.
    Allow at least 15 minutes walk up the hill and/or through the park before you even get to the turnstiles.

The Brittannia (nearest pub to the ground - just cross the road and it's by the big junction crossroads 100 yds away) is the Argyle pub, but you might get served if you don't cause trouble. There's bound to be a few discreet Charlton in there (like me with both Charlton & Argyle mates) - but it is basically the home pub, remember. It's now a Weatherspoons and they've normally a range of real ales there - like Sheps Spitfire lol - but I've not been in for a while.

Those coming by car, there's a decent sized car park between the ground and the road outside plus limited street parking on the back streets on the other side of Outlands Road.

I'll be around on this site today (mainly office hours) so will be happy to ask around at work (mostly Plymothians) if you want to know any specifics.

C'Mon you ADDICKS!
  • Options
    If you're going to the match Oggy? Whose going to keep the spirits up on the 'Live match thread?'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]The Brittannia (nearest pub to the ground - just cross the road and it's by the big junction crossroads 100 yds away) is the Argyle pub, but you might get served if you don't cause trouble.
    they've normally a range of real ales there - like Sheps Spitfire.

Why oh why did I agree to drive?

Cheers for the info Oggy. Is the other Wetherspoons still there, down the main road from the ground, about a 15 mins walk I think it was...
  • Options
    Sorry, Chicago ....... you'll have to be singing online with North Stand Steve, Black Forest, Jimmy Melrose, Czechy, the Aussies & Canuks.

I'll get you a programme, if you want

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]The Brittannia (nearest pub to the ground - just cross the road and it's by the big junction crossroads 100 yds away) is the Argyle pub, but you might get served if you don't cause trouble.
    they've normally a range of real ales there - like Sheps Spitfire.

Why oh why did I agree to drive?

Cheers for the info Oggy. Is the other Wetherspoons still there, down the main road from the ground, about a 15 mins walk I think it was...

There's a couple of other Weatherspoons in town:
    Gog & Magog in the Barbican (old fishing quarter)

Union Rooms on the junction of Western Approach & Union Street (clubbing, late night boozing, ladies of the night, etc) - from the ground, bear left, take the slip road to the City Centre (Alma Road) and down the hill to the Penny Come Quick pub/roundabout, then over the roundabout & under the railway bridge and up the hill past the station to North Cross roundabout, take 3rd exit (I think) with Copthorne Hotel & Sainsbury's on your left and down Western Approach to the main crossroads with Union Street - Union Rooms you'll see on the corner (lots of glass used to be car showrooms!). On foot, half hour from the ground, 10 mins from the station.

Anyone staying late/overnight?
  • Options
    Union Rooms sounds familiar...
  • Options
    Union Rooms, handy for clubbing nearby & opposite.
    Good range of real ales, fizzy chemical 'tastes of p!ss' lager, Guiness & non-gourmet food - and it's cheap!

Get in there, Medders. You know you want to...... ;o)

And if you do end up making a night of it, there's the Travel Lodge
    just 2 minutes drunken staggering walk away (£49 room NOT per person).
  • Options
    Been there mate, time to move on ;-) Quite like the sound of the one opposite the ground. Will wear something green and do my best west country accent. Oooh arrrr
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]And if you do end up making a night of it, there's the Travel Lodge
    Fancy a bunk up Medders?
  • Options
    Much respect to those that are going...hope the team put in a performance
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Been there mate, time to move on ;-) Quite like the sound of the one opposite the ground. Will wear something green and do my best west country accent. Oooh arrrr

Just talk like a pirate.......

"Yew alraight? Proper job. Backalong, when we had a proper team.
    Oi lives in Swilly, yew be proper Debbonporrrrrrt?

Iss yure round. Where's me point to?
    Come on yew Greens/Cabbages.
    Pieces of eight. Ha harrrrr, Jim Lad......"

Just think Treasure Island, and you'll be fine.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]And if you do end up making a night of it, there's the Travel Lodge
    Fancy a bunk up Medders?

Will there be room for you, your harem and me?
  • Options
    Driving down early doors tomorrow with two others and like Medders am seriously regretting my offer.

Staying in the travelodge next to the Union Rooms Spoons the Saturday night

Anyone fancy a beer with some more CAFC then Whisper away...